Would you drive or Fly to FL this Summer?

Fly or Drive to FL from Northeast

• Drive

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Fly

Votes: 76 64.4%
  • other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Lol, we live in that white knuckle area in CT just a few miles north of the 95 corridor.
Lol, Some of the most white knuckle times on our trips have involved getting through Hartford CT. I actually have taken to driving out through VT and then over toward Albany on many trips to avoid it. The last several trips have been that way. We then use 81 and go down that way vs 95. I figure we have almost as much to go west as we do south so we just do the moving west part further north vs moving west more gradually like 95 does. We eventually cut back over to 95 in SC. It is a bit longer but alot less "white knuckle". The only tough part with that route as there seem to be many more trucks on that route vs 95.

Just wanted to update this thread with what I decided and how it worked out. We ended up flying for this trip and thankfully all went well without any issues.

Glad to hear that your trip went well.

Still would like to do a road trip again sometime in the future though so perhaps a driving trip may happen in the future.

Out of many trips to Disney we only drove once. I am not a big fan of long distance driving and I am only good for 8-10 hours a day. My wife does not like to drive the interstates so I am the designated driver. We did 84 through CT, 684, 287, GSPkwy, and NJ Turnpike as we had to stop in south Jersey to visit relatives in NJ and PA or else we would have gone the inland route.

After a day of visiting we left southern NJ at 9am, took the NJ turnpike down to 95 and then headed south. We stopped just before 6pm in Lumberton, NC. That gave me time to decompress before a good nights sleep. Next morning we left just before 9am and pulled into our place just SW of Disney just after 6pm.

That driving distance is definitely a two night stop for me. So for the two of us flying is our preferred way to travel. Southwest nonstop out of Manchester.

That is exactly what we did this time. With the exception of having to wait over an hour to retrieve checked bag at MCO it went really well.
This is the biggest problem with thunderstorms every afternoon this time of year. Even if they get the planes in, if there is lightening in the area they can’t get the people outside to unload the luggage, and a delay earlier can back up things all evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter