Would you go in Nov. or Jan.?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
A friend has invited me to be her guest at WDW for a 4-day weekend. We can both get off work either Nov. 14-18 or Jan. 16-20.

We're wondering which time has a better chance for good weather? Which time would probably have longer park hours? Which time would YOU choose?

Thanks for any advice you have! :D

Just found out that our only possibility will be that weekend in January. So I'll just refer to the other post that asks about weather in January. I'm assuming that park hours are pretty short in January too, so I guess I don't have any questions after all.

Thanks anyway! :)

Just to assure you, we were there the same week in January this year and loved it!! The weather was great and there were no crowds. Most rides were very short line or walk on! Park hours are shorter but you can get so much more done in the time you have. Next year we can't go that week but are going the week after Thanksgiving. Hope to find it just as great.

Jordan's mom

Hi, Jordan's Mom! Thanks for passing that along. It's good to hear that it was a good time to go this year. I can't wait to experience the parks at an off-peak time, since I'm usually stuck traveling over Christmas or Easter. Small crowds would be awesome. And if the weather would cooperate, that would be icing on the cake! :D

Thanks again for your reply.

We were there also January 13-17 and the crowds were non-existent. We stayed at Boardwalk Villas and just LOVED this resort. Great proximity to Epcot and MGM. We toured all the parks at a very relaxed pace and saw ALOT. The weather was good too. Days in the low 70's, nights were cool (even cold). We were comfortable in jeans or windpants with t-shirts during the day (although we saw plenty of people who were half naked, LOL!) We did have pretty hard rain (off and on) on that Monday and that really cleared the parks out even more. The rest of the time the weather was dry, partly cloudy and pleasant. I would go in January again. But remember the weather can be iffy in January so be prepared for warmer, as well as colder. We packed sweatshirts, long sleeves and even gloves. You just never know and it's better to be prepared than having to go out and buy the stuff there at inflated prices. Have a great time. I hope the weather is just what you hope for.

Thanks, rjordan! I hope our luck is as good as yours was. Glad you had a terrific time!

Be prepared for all kinds of weather. I was there from 1/22-1/30 this year. The weather was in the mid 80's, definately too hot for me. I believe that was an oddity but be prepared for both cold and hot temps. The crowds are non existant, rides are a walk on, hours are a little shorter but that just means you will get more rest for the next day ;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter