Would you look at me like I was crazy?

Dress Code
At this Signature Dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code.

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Women may wear capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.

Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics

Dress Code
At this Signature Dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code.

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics

Would flip flops be allowed?

Hello,

Would it be inappropriate to wear our Halloween costumes to Jiko before MNSSHP? Would that offend you?
No. No.

Last time we visited during Halloween, there was a table of 12 (or more) Pirates & Wenches sitting next to us at CA Grill.

As to the SUGGESTED dress code - with few exceptions, you'll be allowed into Jiko wearing clothing that does not specifically conform to the strict reading of the dress code. For instance, the adult man wearing a hockey jersey to CA Grill (on a different occasion than Halloween) was allowed to dine at his pleasure.

Enjoy!!

It depends on the costume as to whether it's offensive or not so I can't answer that, but I do think it's inappropriate. I also think it's inappropriate to come into a signature restaurant sweaty and in park clothes (which I saw at Yachtsman in June). We wear nice clothes to a nice restaurant. But you do you - I just know I wouldn't be comfortable.

Dress Code

Yes, and Halloween costumes don't break it.

We went in costume to Yachtsman last year, all of us with makeup from Pirates League on. It was a great time. Go for it, OP!

We don't know what the costumes are, so how do you know they don't break the dress code?

I think Jiko's earliest seating is 5:00 or 5:30, and Signature meals tend to take over an hour. Then you've got to get from AKL to MK for the party. You're going to miss a lot of party time due to your dinner. Can you make an ADR for Jiko on another night? We like to do at least one TS meal per day, so on a party day, we eat a TS lunch, then do a QS dinner at MK right before the party starts.

Jiko has a dress code
I don't mean this disrespectfully at all but I was already aware of the d
I think Jiko's earliest seating is 5:00 or 5:30, and Signature meals tend to take over an hour. Then you've got to get from AKL to MK for the party. You're going to miss a lot of party time due to your dinner. Can you make an ADR for Jiko on another night? We like to do at least one TS meal per day, so on a party day, we eat a TS lunch, then do a QS dinner at MK right before the party starts.

I didn't realize that reservations for Jiko started that late, I was hoping to reserve a lunch with them before the party. Jiko may not work out for this trip. Thanks for helping me think about the timing.

What's the purpose of a dress code then? A signature restaurant should at least be a place where you can scape the full park atmosphere and enjoy a nice, quiet time.
Operative word in your description is, "Should."

I readily admit to having your sensibilities, but I have come to learn that the Dress Code is more suggestion than a hard-n-fast rule that cannot be bent at Disney.

Think of it this way - folks spend the day in the Parks and want a nice dinner to end their day. Should folks wearing Disney t-shirts then be turned away for wearing their Camp Clothes to dinner?

And if a Disney t-shirt gets accepted, then so too would other t-shirts.

Are leather sandals really any better than flip-flops? Not really, so flip-flops enter dining rooms.

Disney suggests a dress code, but they seem to have an unwillingness to police the matter.

And as much as Camp Clothes at Signature restaurants might bother both you & me, I can also understand, and accept, Disney's position.

That being said - we shower after the Parks and put on 'proper attire' before enjoying a Signature meal, but I can understand why others are unable to do the same. The result - we expect less than a fine dining experience at Disney Signatures - because it is Disney - that welcome children and their child-like adult-parents to be children (like wearing a Halloween costume to a Signature meal) as well.

Last edited:
It depends on the costume as to whether it's offensive or not so I can't answer that, but I do think it's inappropriate. I also think it's inappropriate to come into a signature restaurant sweaty and in park clothes (which I saw at Yachtsman in June). We wear nice clothes to a nice restaurant. But you do you - I just know I wouldn't be comfortable.

We don't know what the costumes are, so how do you know they don't break the dress code?
This is the relevant part of what you posted:

As long as the costumes aren't swimsuits or graphic/violent, OP is good to go.

What's the purpose of a dress code then? A signature restaurant should at least be a place where you can scape the full park atmosphere and enjoy a nice, quiet time.
how will someone in costume wreck your nice quiet time? Unless the costumes themselves project sound.

As long as Jiko lets you in, I personally could care less what other people may think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter