Would you look at me like I was crazy?

Thanks so much for your thoughts everyone. I was aware of the dress code already, just wanted to get an idea of how it might make other guest feel. I bring my family to WDW because it's family friendly, so whatever our costumes end up being will be family friendly as well. However I didn't consider the late reservations and it cutting into MNSSHP... so extra special thank you to those of you that brought it to my attention. I'm so thankful for this community!

No it won't ruin my own experience.
No I don't worry about what other people wear while I am eating.
But yes, I think it's inappropriate for signature dining. But have at it!

I don't mean this disrespectfully at all but I was already aware of the d

I didn't realize that reservations for Jiko started that late, I was hoping to reserve a lunch with them before the party. Jiko may not work out for this trip. Thanks for helping me think about the timing.

Sanaa does lunch. Maybe that would be a better option. I could be wrong but I don't think very many signature restaurants are open for lunch. The only ones I can think of are Cinderalla's Royal Table, Monsieur Paul, and the Brown Derby.

Just finished our first Disney cruise - we did an adult dinner at Palo (equivalent to a Signature, at least) for 6 on Pirate's night and 1 out of 6 of us was in an awesome pirate costume. The costume was so good (he has a neat beard, which completed the look) that he looked like a cast member in costume. The vast majority of Palo diners smiled and laughed good naturedly and complimented him on his costume. ONE older gentleman well into his 60s frowned as we walked by. I think he was just jealous he didn't wear his costume.

Operative word in your description is, "Should."

I readily admit to having your sensibilities, but I have come to learn that the Dress Code is more suggestion than a hard-n-fast rule that cannot be bent at Disney.

Think of it this way - folks spend the day in the Parks and want a nice dinner to end their day. Should folks wearing Disney t-shirts then be turned away for wearing their Camp Clothes to dinner?

And if a Disney t-shirt gets accepted, then so too would other t-shirts.

Are leather sandals really any better than flip-flops? Not really, so flip-flops enter dining rooms.

Disney suggests a dress code, but they seem to have an unwillingness to police the matter.

And as much as Camp Clothes at Signature restaurants might bother both you & me, I can also understand, and accept, Disney's position.

That being said - we shower after the Parks and put on 'proper attire' before enjoying a Signature meal, but I can understand why others are unable to do the same. The result - we expect less than a fine dining experience at Disney Signatures - because it is Disney - that welcome children and their child-like adult-parents to be children (like wearing a Halloween costume to a Signature meal) as well.
This is such a sensible way of looking at things - thanks for sharing it! I believe dress codes (even suggested ones) should be followed, but if it's Disney on a party night, I can't imagine anyone being offended by people dining in costumes. We saw a couple of "cats" in Jiko a few years ago and thought they were adorable.

I don't mean this disrespectfully at all but I was already aware of the d

I didn't realize that reservations for Jiko started that late, I was hoping to reserve a lunch with them before the party. Jiko may not work out for this trip. Thanks for helping me think about the timing.
No disrespect on my end either. Never sure who knows about dress code or not. I hope you have a great trip and a wonderful party. Sanaa has a great lunch and may fit your schedule better. Enjoy

Last edited:
Aren't you worried about getting stains on the costumes?

I am the clumsiest person around when it comes to stains from eating. My BFF always teases me that she's going to buy me a bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter