Would you switch this ADR??? Chef Mickey's

kteesmumma

DIS Veteran
We have an ADR for Chef Mickeys for Tuesday May 18th at 11:15am. That is the day we will be doing EPCOT. We will be at MK Monday May 17th. I have been trying to get a different ADR time that is for breakfast in the morning before the parks open. They have one available 7:40 on Monday May 17 which is our MK day and our FIRST day at the parks. **this is our first trip to WDW**

We will have to redeem GAD Vouchers on that Monday and will upgrade the tickets when we get into MK. IF we switch to the Monday Morning 7:40 ADR at Chef Mickey's will we be able to redeem our GAD's at the TTC prior to getting on the Monorail and heading over to Chef Mickey's? Will we be able to make it back in time for rope drop? Or should we just keep our original ressie??

Im so confused. The closer we get the more stressed I am getting and I am second guessing everything. :confused3:confused3

:goodvibes Try to take a deep breath!! It will all work out.

First, I would not keep the ressie at Chef Mickey's on your Epcot day. It will really interfere with your touring to have to leave and return. It will be much easier to go on the 17th, the day you are going to MK. The easiest and fastest thing to do would be walk to MK after finishing breakfast (much faster than the monorail which has to go around the whole resort loop to get to MK), then upgrade your GAD tickets at the guest relations outside of MK. You do NOT need to go to the TTC, and doing so would take a lot of extra time. We upgraded our GAD tickets last month at the MK and it was very easy; took only a few minutes. Good luck and have an awesome trip!

:goodvibes Try to take a deep breath!! It will all work out.

First, I would not keep the ressie at Chef Mickey's on your Epcot day. It will really interfere with your touring to have to leave and return. It will be much easier to go on the 17th, the day you are going to MK. The easiest and fastest thing to do would be walk to MK after finishing breakfast (much faster than the monorail which has to go around the whole resort loop to get to MK), then upgrade your GAD tickets at the guest relations outside of MK. You do NOT need to go to the TTC, and doing so would take a lot of extra time. We upgraded our GAD tickets last month at the MK and it was very easy; took only a few minutes. Good luck and have an awesome trip!

Ok...so we arrive at the MK parking lot...should we redeem the GAD Voucher then at the TTC for the 1 day ticket or just wait till we get to the Guest Relations outside MK and do the whole process there? I think I am a bit confused about that....I also wanted to take the ferry...although I guess we could take that on the way out of MK to get back to our car.

Here are my first thoughts.... I wouldn't do an 11:15 reservation at Chef Mickeys for your Epcot day. Are you planning to go to Epcot first, then back to CM, then back to Epcot? If so, I wouldn't bother. If you are planning on sleeping in, then start your day at Chef Mickeys before heading to Epcot, then maybe... Perhaps consider at lunch reservation at the Garden Grill? Your kids will still get the character experience and it will be much more convienent.
If your kids are early risers than I would consider doing the early morning ADR for your MK day. I wouldn't be able to get my kids up and ready for that early of a breakfast and still have a successful rest of the day...:rolleyes1

I don't have an answer regarding upgrading your GAD passes.

Not sure that I was much help! :confused3

Ok...so we arrive at the MK parking lot...should we redeem the GAD Voucher then at the TTC for the 1 day ticket or just wait till we get to the Guest Relations outside MK and do the whole process there? I think I am a bit confused about that....I also wanted to take the ferry...although I guess we could take that on the way out of MK to get back to our car.

I don't believe you can do anything with your GAD Vouchers at the TTC. You will need to do it at Guest Relations @ MK. If you are driving you will arrive at the TTC, you can then take the ferry over to the MK and take care of your GAD vouchers at guest relations.

Ohhhh, you are driving to MK. I didn't realize that. If your ADR is at 7:40 am, you should arrive at the TTC around 7-7:15 to take the resort monorail to the Contemporary. I'm not sure if the ticket windows are open that early. If they are, you could do your GAD exchange there if you will still have plenty of time to make your ADR. If not, you can always do it at guest relations outside of MK after breakfast. Either way, once at Chef Mickey's, walk from there to MK. Then you can take the ferry back to your car when you are leaving for the day.

I don't believe you can do anything with your GAD Vouchers at the TTC. You will need to do it at Guest Relations @ MK. If you are driving you will arrive at the TTC, you can then take the ferry over to the MK and take care of your GAD vouchers at guest relations.

Oh Ok thanks....

I am just trying to figure out if we do a 7:40 ADR at Chef Mickey's if we will still have time to redeem our Vouchers, do Bag check and be in line for Rope Drop?

If we park at MK...How long will the Monorail take to get to Chef Mickey's?

I'm honestly not sure about the TTC, either. But you most definitely can take care of it at the guest relations outside of MK, as I mentioned earlier I did it myself last month.

Oh Ok thanks....

I am just trying to figure out if we do a 7:40 ADR at Chef Mickey's if we will still have time to redeem our Vouchers, do Bag check and be in line for Rope Drop?

Honestly, you will be cutting it really close. Allow an hour for breakfast, 15 minutes to walk or 20 minutes for the monorail to MK, 5 minutes for bag check, and another 5-10 minutes to upgrade your GAD voucher. Assuming you are seated right at 7:40, you should be walking through the MK gates around 9:15-9:30.

Monorail from the TTC (MK parking is at the TTC) to the Contemporary should take 10-15 minutes.

Honestly, you will be cutting it really close. Allow an hour for breakfast, 15 minutes to walk or 20 minutes for the monorail to MK, 5 minutes for bag check, and another 5-10 minutes to upgrade your GAD voucher. Assuming you are seated right at 7:40, you should be walking through the MK gates around 9:15-9:30.

Monorail from the TTC (MK parking is at the TTC) to the Contemporary should take 10-15 minutes.

Ahh....man..I just dont know what to do.

Oh Ok thanks....

Honestly I am not sure how long it will take to get to CR from the TTC. I am assuming that MK opens at 9:00am? That being said, I think you would be cutting it close for rope drop if you have a 7:40 am ADR. You can walk over to MK from CR but even if you are seated at 7:40AM...say 1 hour for breakfast (maybe even a little longer if you want to see all the characters there)...you are now at 8:40...you can walk over to MK and be there for maybe 8:50..depending on the line a guest relations...you may be ready for a 9:00 am rope drop...but I still think you might be too pressured for time to do it all comfortably. Maybe someone else has a better idea on the time frame?

Honestly I am not sure how long it will take to get to CR from the TTC. I am assuming that MK opens at 9:00am? That being said, I think you would be cutting it close for rope drop if you have a 7:40 am ADR. You can walk over to MK from CR but even if you are seated at 7:40AM...say 1 hour for breakfast (maybe even a little longer if you want to see all the characters there)...you are now at 8:40...you can walk over to MK and be there for maybe 8:50..depending on the line a guest relations...you may be ready for a 9:00 am rope drop...but I still think you might be too pressured for time to do it all comfortably. Maybe someone else has a better idea on the time frame?

Are you my long lost twin??? lol.

Ahh....man..I just dont know what to do.

Is there anything available earlier? It's having to do the GAD upgrade on the same day that might mess you up a bit. If you could get, say a 7:15 or 7:20 ADR, you'd be fine. Or, just get there early and ask if they can seat you quickly. We had a 7:30 ADR at Chef Mickey's once, and were flying home the same day and needed to get out quickly. We arrived at the restaurant right as they opened at 7, and they sat us at 7:10. I'd try that, if I were you.

Hahahah I just noticed that we were all from MA LOL....

Ok so how long is the FERRY ride from TTC to MK?

hmmm....well right now i have both booked LOL.

I will have to figure something out.

Well, I'm sure you'll have a great trip! Have some Mickey waffles for me. :flower3:

Not sure! LOL! We both seems to have a crazy:upsidedow, analytical, detail obsessed Disney mind and we are both from MA...hmmmmm...:scratchin

ETA: OP is from Mouse-a-chusetts too...must be karma!

Wow, we have lots of things in common! Too funny. Also very funny that all 3 of us are from Mass. Btw, it took me so long to figure out what your user name meant. Once I did, I was like... DUH! :upsidedow

Well, I'm sure you'll have a great trip! Have some Mickey waffles for me. :flower3:

Wow, we have lots of things in common! Too funny. Also very funny that all 3 of us are from Mass. Btw, it took me so long to figure out what your user name meant. Once I did, I was like... DUH! :upsidedow

:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar ;)
The treadmill and I become very close the weeks before our vacation so I can indulge in my other Disney obessesion every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter