Would you wear NEW shoes for a 10 miler?

postesf

Keep Pushing
So... I feel like I'm caught between a rock and hard place. :goodvibes

My current shoes are trying to give me blisters. After our 6 miler this past weekend, I have a blister on the outside of my big toe and if my right heel werent' so dried out and cracking (disgusting I know) I would have a HUGE blister on it. You can feel how the skin has risen up but it's really, really thick.

This weekend it's our 10 miler (WALKING) and I just got new shoes today. They are the same name brand but a different style. I'm not sure whether or not to risk it. I KNOW if I use my current shoes, I will get the blisters or I can try my news and HOPE that I won't.

What do you think???

Thanks!
Stacie

PS. When you buy new shoes, how much room is left between the tip of your toe and the end of the shoe? Thumb width? More?

I will say that I did this over the summer. I got new shoes (same brand and model) and wore them two days later on an 11 miler. No problem, but then I have been EXTREMELY lucky to be able to put on any new sneaker and run with it and not have any problems.

Good luck!

Stacie, I would go with the new shoes. I have at least a thumbs width space in front of my big toe. My running shoes are 1 1/2 sizes bigger than my everyday shoes.

Good luck.
Cindy

I'd use the new ones, then it's a maybe blister vs a guaranteed one...

Great! Yeah, that what I was thinking too! I'll just go ahead with the new shoes. Right now just walking around the house they seem pretty comfy and I tried them on right after a walk today. I will have to put something on my heel because it seems that thick skin on my heel is turning into a painful blister! ugh!

I ended up w/ the Saucony Ride 2. Love some runningwarehouse.com. Good deal w/ the WISH discount! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!!
Stacie

A buddy of mine, just a few weeks ago, got new shoes (which she sorely needed) and did a 13 miler the following day, then regretted that decision for nearly a week. Following that, she wore them to work for a day, so that her feet could get used to them for a while, before going out for another run in them, and that worked great.

If you can wear them casually today or tomorrow, before you try the 10 miles, that might be a good indication of what you can expect, and also a bit of a break-in period.

A buddy of mine, just a few weeks ago, got new shoes (which she sorely needed) and did a 13 miler the following day, then regretted that decision for nearly a week. Following that, she wore them to work for a day, so that her feet could get used to them for a while, before going out for another run in them, and that worked great.

If you can wear them casually today or tomorrow, before you try the 10 miles, that might be a good indication of what you can expect, and also a bit of a break-in period.

Hmm. Good idea. I was thinking about that. I think I wear them today when I walk the dog. I always tend to go slower with him. I'll wear them around the house tomorrow too.

Now, I've just got to find something to put on the current blister so hopefully it won't get worse when we do 10...

Thanks!
Stacie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter