WOW - I just sold my old gold........

I'm trying out cash4gold.com, I requested an envelope from them. I won't be too disappointed if it's a scam since I wasn't going to do anything with the jewelry anyway, but I'll be excited if it does.

My son wants to see the banana, it doesn't have anything to do with my post, lol. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Let us know what happens. If it is legit, I will probably order an envelope. Thanks!

I could never get rid of anything DH gave me. It's sentimental and he has great taste in jewelry!!! LOL Some old boyfriends, however, what the heck were they thinking????

Can you define SCRAP GOLD? I just went thru my jewelry box. Came up with several gold chains, bracelets & anklets from the 80's. All very short fine chains or rope style chains. Most are light, but one chain is of pretty good weight. They've been in the jewelry box for 20 yrs because they are too short now. They would make chokers. lol

Is all gold labeled as such? In other words, if its real, will it say 10K or 18K or whatever it is?

I have lots of pieces i thought were at least 10K, but some don't have it inscribed.

Anyone know?

The pieces I picked out all say 14K. The old boyfried ID bracelets didn't say that. Even with a magnifying glass, I couldn't read what it said. I'll be taking along any I suspect but can't read. On some pieces, you needed to open the clasp as it was marked on the part that slides in to the clasp.

I just noticed some ads on Craigslist of people looking to buy broken gold necklaces, chains & items that they CLAIM they are going to repair and sell. Right. They didn't look like the spam ads. Looked like a regular ad from a regular person in a small town. lol

I could not believe it.................i sold i'd say about 10-12 pieces of old jewlery and i got $900.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking i'd get a couple of hundred!!!!!

Thank you everyone for posting about gold!

I think i brought in 3 rings (1 a H.S. ring - only 10k) a few necklaces, couple of bracelets - really nothing that that Great!!!!!

lisa

me too... i got $450 i was trying not to look too shocked & said "that will be fine" :woohoo:

after reading these posts, I bagged mine up and drove to our jeweler(who HAPPENED to have put an ad in the paper this week stating that he buys gold!, how funny) but it was Mon and they were closed on Mon:eek: rats, thats my only day off..

I was just thinking. I've always been interested in getting a metal detector and hitting the beaches. NOW may be the time! :rotfl2:

I was just thinking. I've always been interested in getting a metal detector and hitting the beaches. NOW may be the time! :rotfl2:

hmmmm
maybe i'll bring one to each WDW resort lobby & go through all the cushy couches:idea:

jk :lmao:

sounds really great!! i am going to check my old jewerly box :thumbsup2
do jewerly stores except old gold jewerly to cash in???

Does anyone know if these places buy yellow and white gold, or just old cheezy yellow gold? I have lots of both and am now thinking I need to clean out my jewelry drawer! TIA.

I had a real gold watch that I got off of ebay about 5 years ago for $125. I didn't wear it anymore and took it to a pawn shop in December. They gave me almost exactly what I bought it for. I was surprised. They told me they melt down all gold anyway so it doesn't matter if it's broken or in pieces when they get it.

Go sell the scrap, you'll be surprised how much you'll get! It just goes by weight, does not matter old, broken.......

Can you define SCRAP GOLD? I just went thru my jewelry box. Came up with several gold chains, bracelets & anklets from the 80's. All very short fine chains or rope style chains. Most are light, but one chain is of pretty good weight. They've been in the jewelry box for 20 yrs because they are too short now. They would make chokers. lol

There is more but I don't know if its anything I want to part with just yet even though I don't wear it. No children to pass anything down to either. Just sentimental since its from DH.

I would LOVE to rip that gold chain from DH's neck however. lol Its been a fixture since the 80's. UGH! Thank goodness its not a big heavy one. lol

Is scrap gold broken jewelry or outdated styles? Would there be more value in selling it as jewelry rather than as gold to melt down?

They will test each piece to see if its 10k, 14k or 18k! Just bring it all - let them figure it out!

I just found some more stuff i'll be bringing in!

Some is from old boyfriends, some have broken latches - some is just outdated and i won't wear it and it's not something i'd pass down.......

lisa

Is all gold labeled as such? In other words, if its real, will it say 10K or 18K or whatever it is?

I have lots of pieces i thought were at least 10K, but some don't have it inscribed.

Anyone know?

Wow! Thanks for the tip! I know my mom has one of those charm necklaces everybody had in the 80's, lots of other things. I don't have much gold, I'm more of a fun costume/silver jewelry girl. I tried googling sell gold in my area and didn't come up with anything locally. Any tips on finding out who buys scrap gold locally?

Any opinion on if the mail in places pay as well as the stores?

I would love if someone could give an example of specific items they sold and how much they received.

Some things i sold were a 10k H.S. ring - an xo bracelet and necklace another necklace similar - a couple of thin bracelets and two other rings!

Again, it just goes by weight - it does not matter what the item is.....the only thing that had some weight to it was the H.S. ring - which was only 10k so i got a bit less for it!

lisa

Any opinion on if the mail in places pay as well as the stores?

I would love if someone could give an example of specific items they sold and how much they received.

I am going to try to make it the gold buyer tonight after work. If not, I will have to go on Saturday.

Here is what I dug out of my jewelry box:

14K : 2 band rings (1 wg, 1 yg)
1 CZ stone ring yg

2 pendants (teddy bear, 1/4 amethyst solitaire)

1 rope bracelet with filigree center design

2 necklaces ( 18" hollow rope, 24" twisted chain)

10K : 3 rings ( lab ruby wg, lab emerald yg, blue topaz yg)

1 tie tack with "R" raised on it and 3 diamonds (good size diamonds too)
bought at an estate sale, only paid $25 for it, I thought I would remove the diamonds one day but that was 15 years ago!!

My husband just laughs at me. He's like "You are starting to scare me, hope you don't sell me and the kids":lmao: I said "No, I would sell myself first":laughing: :laughing: He said "I don't even think so". We have so much fun messing with each other!!

Anything to get to Disney I told him!!

Wish me luck. I will be happy with anything. I will let you all know how I make out. Anyone want to make any guesses?? :goodvibes More Disney money.................Woo Hoo:lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter