Wow! Reviewers on tripadvisor.com give rough reviews of PBH!

kmc33

DIS Veteran
I was looking up some information on PBH and I hit on tripadvisor.com for some reviews and I was shocked at how hard they are on PBH. If I hadn't read such postive things on this board, I would be worried right now!

Words used to describe by various reviewers included, (well I don't think I should list here the word used in the most recent review), disappointed, boring cemetary, go to disney instead, incompetent and uncaring employees, cost more than it was worth, like a cheap movie set,...

I reminded myself that sometimes it's the people who had a bad experience that seek out a place to vent, whereas many that had good experiences may not even bother to write. And then I wondered if some of the people posting aren't as savvy as the DIS board travelers and maybe did overpay and were mad about that! There were some good reviews too, but there were more bad ones. At any rate, I am glad that I have read so many positive things here and from people who go again and again.

Not much longer, and I will see for myself!!

I think that's bull crap myself. The people posting have there reasons but not giving a good review is bull. This is an outstanding place to be. It has the best service staff on property in my opinon and many others here as well. The hotel is nothing but first class and in less than 4 days now you'll be able to come back and give a wonderful review here and testify to that fact too. You are gonna have an awesome trip and your staying at a first class place so don't worry about those trival reviews on tripadvisor. HAve a wonderful and safe vacation.

Please let me know what you think when you return from PBH. I'll be waiting. Thank you.

Thanks for the positive support, PartyofSix. I couldn't be more excited about our romantic getaway! I will certainly form my own opinions and not let the negative reviews on tripadvisor get in my way. I think sometimes people take one incident that happens and then unfairly view the whole experience as negative.

I will post my experiences after we return!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Wow!!! You were not kidding. People were being brutal. I for one am excited about my upcoming trip and will post a review for all of you.

Our friends- two different families came home from a PBH vacation loving it and said it was a hotel like no other in the world. You will ahve a GREAT time.

The Portofino is a beautiful hotel but not stuffy at all. I'm sure you will be impressed with the rooms and the service.

I have stayed at the PBH the last two summers and absolutely love the place. You will be treated like you are someone special, and the rooms are deluxe. (The beds are to die for). FOTL access is priceless. Let us know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Disneymom-

Thank you for that. I am really excited and can't wait to experience it for myself.

We stayed there last year and I thought the hotel was a match for any of the Disney delux ( with the exception of the GF) hotels. Very nice rooms, well appointed, good staff, very nice pool areas and great location. FOTL access is worth it's weight in gold IMHO, particularly at busy times.
I think the comment on people here knowing how to get a better deal than "rack rate" is a very valid one. I thought that at $155 I got a great deal on a very good hotel room. If I'd paid $300 for the same room I may have had slightly different feelings had there been any inconveniences or had I faced any problems.
At full price, I would concede I have stayed in "better" hotels, in terms of history,architecture or fixtures/fittings, but those hotels did not have the same "location" premium. IMHO you have to take into account a lot of factors on deciding if a hotel is "worth the money" and some travellers expect the best of "everything" if they pay top $ and sulk if their choice doesn't meet their overly optimistic expectations.

Well, I am so excited!! We leave tonight. We are going for a long weekend, so I will be back soon and report!!! I appreciate the positive comments. We were fortunate to get the $155 Entertainment rate -- which I thought was great. I guess I will have a different view than someone paying rack rate. I will just be pleased to be there since DH would have never agreed to a reservation at rack rates!

I'll post my thoughts when we return!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter