Writing

Interesting. I hope that's the same for my future college.

Fantasy is hard to write because it's a whole new world (no pun intended :) that you have to create yourself. And then there are the fantasy books that just aren't very good, and you have to rise up to a certain extent (in my mind), yada yada.

Very true. I guess it's just easier to write what you're familar with. Although, I'm sure it's different for different people. I've tried historical fiction before and I really want to write it but all the research...

Do they really? I've thought about doubling up or maj/minor in them, but I was never sure. I'm looking for a voice teacher currently.
What type of fiction do you guys write about?

Everything, basically. Except romance. Romance has to be a very side plot or not included at all.

Fantasy is hard to write because it's a whole new world (no pun intended :) that you have to create yourself. And then there are the fantasy books that just aren't very good, and you have to rise up to a certain extent (in my mind), yada yada.

I sort of do fantasy, it's really kinda complicated at the mo.

Everything, basically. Except romance. Romance has to be a very side plot or not included at all.

I'm pretty much the same way with romance, it's always been hard for me to write, mostly because I have pretty much NO experience at all... But I've been trying to get better at it, since the romance is one of the most important aspects of my latest book, even though it's kinda comical...hard to explain... It's complicated. But I've been trying! And I have tried fantasy before it just...never really got off the ground I guess.
Do you do historical fiction? I realllly want to, but just... I don't have the patience for all the research, idk...

I'm pretty much the same way with romance, it's always been hard for me to write, mostly because I have pretty much NO experience at all... But I've been trying to get better at it, since the romance is one of the most important aspects of my latest book, even though it's kinda comical...hard to explain... It's complicated. But I've been trying! And I have tried fantasy before it just...never really got off the ground I guess.
Do you do historical fiction? I realllly want to, but just... I don't have the patience for all the research, idk...

Well yeah, I have no experience at all, but also I'm pretty skeptical of/annoyed by romance a large percentage of the time.

I'm kind of the same way, I've had the ideas but not the context

Well yeah, I have no experience at all, but also I'm pretty skeptical of/annoyed by romance a large percentage of the time.

I'm kind of the same way, I've had the ideas but not the context

Haha, yeah, I definitely get that, I don't read or watch romance at all. It's kind of difficult though, since my book is a retelling of a Shakespeare play, making the romance kind of necessary (because Shakespeare), but it's more comedic than anything else.

I do love reading historical fiction though!

I'm sure I wouldn't be, not unless it was actually terrifying according to definition (in the Edgar Allen Poe sense). I'm not good at poetry.

Poetry for me has come easily because I've read that it's supposed to be obscure.

Fantasy is by far my favorite genre, but I do agree it's difficult to write. I have several fantasy books that I abandoned, and by all entirety my new one is fantasy as well.

But it has some real life elements that I'm going to incorporate. And it's not like it's a savoir type novel, so I could go in an entirely different direction.

I don't mean to bother anyone, but can you pick three of your favorite names from this list (it's for my main character)?

1. Brielle

2. Britney

3. Bella

4. Bernadette

5. Brooke

6. Brooklyn

7. Brenda

8. Beverly

9. Bridget

10. Blair

11. Bernice

12. Brynn

I don't mean to bother anyone, but can you pick three of your favorite names from this list (it's for my main character)? 1. Brielle 2. Britney 3. Bella 4. Bernadette 5. Brooke 6. Brooklyn 7. Brenda 8. Beverly 9. Bridget 10. Blair 11. Bernice 12. Brynn

I like Bridget, Bella, and Brooklyn. Another girl name I like that starts with a B is Britton.

Brielle, Bernadette, Bridget and Blair.

I also like Beatrice though it's not on your list.

Brielle, Brooke, and Brynn

I have a character named Brielle and it became one of my favorite names of all time; there's a high chance that if I have a kid I'll name her Brielle.

I also like Beatrice too :)

I write a little but I almost never share with anyone.My favorite thing to write would be poetry and fiction though.

I like to read both fantasy and contemporary but I'm not good at writing contemporary.I always have trouble making it interesting.

That's understandable. I've always been more into developing character rather than plot, and so since fantasy is usually mainly plot-driven I have a harder time with it.

That's understandable. I've always been more into developing character rather than plot, and so since fantasy is usually mainly plot-driven I have a harder time with it.

Yeah every time I try to work on my contemporary story I just have trouble with what happens next.

Yeah every time I try to work on my contemporary story I just have trouble with what happens next.

That's why it's always good to make an outline before you start writing. Although sometimes I'll have an idea and only a hazy idea of how it'll turn out and it's easier to just start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter