WWYD - 2 br. v. 1 br.

sndral

DIS Veteran
I booked a 2 br. @ Jambo @ 11 months because my brother and SIL wanted to join my adult son and myself for our early Dec. trip.
They have just canceled (I guess their dau.'s wedding is costing more than anticipated.)
Originally we were 4 and now we are 2.
When I called to delete their names from the reservation the CM told me I could downsize to a 1 br. since at Jambo the 2 br.s are lock offs and have 58 points returned. I didn't know you could do that.
I can of course always find a use for those returned points :)
We already have 2 earlier days in a 1 br., so we could merge the 2 reservations and not have to move.
While it would be nice to each have our own bathroom and a real bed for several of our nights (the current 2 bedroom time) it seems a bit excessive to just have 2 people in that much space & we would have booked a 1 br. if it had just been the 2 of us at the beginning.
Any one have any thoughts about this scenario? WWYD?
At the back of my mind I'm thinking that if I let the studio part of the 2 br. reservation go, keeping only the 1 br. I might just make someone's day!

I can imagine you’ll be able to put those 58 points to good use at some point down the line. That and the fact that you’re fine with a 1BR suggests you take the CM up on downsizing.

Besides, do you really want to find out how awesome a 2BR would be for two people? I’m sure at one point a studio was just fine... then you got a taste for the 1BRs... slippery slope. :)

One year you can split a lock-off then the next year you can't.........

Gotta love the consistency.....

I asked MS about this a couple of years ago after some had reported doing a year or so earlier. The answer was nope, no way, no how. BWV so also all lock-offs.

One year you can split a lock-off then the next year you can't.........

Gotta love the consistency.....

I asked MS about this a couple of years ago after some had reported doing a year or so earlier. The answer was nope, no way, no how. BWV so also all lock-offs.
I thought I’d read that you couldn’t, so I was surprised when she suggested doing so as it didn’t cross my mind to ask about it! Watch, I’ll call back tomorrow and the next MS person will probably say I can’t do that.
Besides, do you really want to find out how awesome a 2BR would be for two people? I’m sure at one point a studio was just fine... then you got a taste for the 1BRs... slippery slope. :)
Yeah - that’s a concern, and you know what that leads to - a need to buy more points.
See if you can get in at Kidani, that way you will get the 2nd bathroom.
BillPA, it’s the first week of Dec. - there’s nothing at Kidani.
I may run some numbers and see if I can squeeze in a spring visit w/ the -potential liberated points and let that be my deciding factor :)

Agree with JT. Downsize and save the points. And as BillPA says, if you could swing Kidani, that would be even better!

Well I have fallen down that slippery slope! It will just be my son and I this time and I am getting two bedroom as we both need real beds. I have tried many times to sleep on the sofa bed and just am never comfortable. I agree I would probably want the points too but for just the short time we are there this time I need to be able to sleep.

I would have kept the 2 bedroom anyway. You will both be so comfortable, it is a vacation, enjoy!

Man, if I’m paying for my adult kids I’m sure not sleeping on the sofa bed while they have the bed . Have a blast!

I'd save the points and go with a 1BR. I don't think all the CMs will do it for you though. If you get one that won't or that doesn't seem to know how, hang up and call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter