Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 3 days. 2 parks per day. $1690

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • 4 days. 2 parks per day. $1772

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Hopingforpixiedust

Mouseketeer
We’re traveling during a busy time of year. I can’t justify the cost of express pass. Do you think we’ll be satisfied with 4 days with 1 park per day? I thought we could go early and leave when crowds get super heavy. Maybe return right before close. Over 4 days hopefully we can get our must-dos done without standing in too crazy of lines.

Do you think it’s a better idea to cut to 2 park days and get the express pass for 1 of the days?

Open to any ideas!

If you are saying 1 park per day because you will not be getting the "hopper" just know that you will not be able to ride the Harry Potter Hogwart's Express. You need to have the "hopper" to do that.

I think "hopper" is important so did not vote for 1 park per day.
I think 2 days are hard to cover everything, and not much savings.
I voted 3 days, 2 parks. Add'l cost very much worth it. 3 days you can get lots done.
I think 4 days at Universal is too much time.
  • 4 days. 1 park per day. $1600​

• 2 days. 2 parks per day. $1560​

• 3 days. 2 parks per day. $1690

• 4 days. 2 parks per day. $1772​

I think 3 days with park-to-park is great. This allows a lot more flexibility to be able to hop between them (and allow to ride the Hogwarts Express). Even during busy times you can get through everything pretty well in 3 days and re-hit stuff, especially if you utilize single rider for some stuff. During busy times the single riders are usually all open. I have been able to utilize them for certain rides and had almost a walk on when standby was 2 hours.

I would look into one person (the booking person) buying an annual pass (with no blackout dates during your trip window) and using it to book a premier resort for a night at an AP rate to get two days' worth of unlimited express passes...and discounted park tickets for the rest of the party, if no other ticket promos are being offered.

IF you utilize SINGLE RIDER LINES you will find the wait times drastically reduced even during peak crowds! BF and I used them in July and we never waited more than 15 minutes for anything--seriously.

Without EP, 3 days with Park to Park is a good amount of time. However, if you can do another day for $82 more, that seems well worth it to me (#4). I'll also say this: For my family, 2 days with EP would be better than 4 days without them. One night at a Premier Hotel gets you 2 days of EP.

Update: I found a deal for $1600 for 4 park to park days. I went with that. I would love the EP but if we just do one day at a premier we’ll have to shuffle hotels mid trip and don’t think that will be as relaxing as just staying put. Hope we’re making the right choice! We’ll find out soon :)
I personally think a longer trip without EP trumps a two-day trip with EP. I once went for a weekend and had EP, and was hitting the parks really hard. And the kids reached a point where they just wanted to go back to the hotel and have a pool break. Lesson learned. Using rope drop and park close for rides, and midday for breaks and shows is a great strategy. Gets you on the rides with minimal waits, and gets you the breaks you need not to burn out (or burn up in the FL heat).

I personally think a longer trip without EP trumps a two-day trip with EP. I once went for a weekend and had EP, and was hitting the parks really hard. And the kids reached a point where they just wanted to go back to the hotel and have a pool break. Lesson learned. Using rope drop and park close for rides, and midday for breaks and shows is a great strategy. Gets you on the rides with minimal waits, and gets you the breaks you need not to burn out (or burn up in the FL heat).
We're the opposite. Waiting in long lines just saps the energy out of us much more than going from ride to ride.

Nor are we interested in getting up for rope drop after closing out the parks the night before to get those short lines.

Rope drop also has it's own issues as you are waiting in a much longer line just to get into the park, especially if you want to be near the front.

Midday breaks double transportation time.

EP allows us to go at our own pace. We can go where we want when we want without having to worry about when rides will have longer or shorter lines.

During busy times, which is the scenario in the OP, I'd much rather do 2 days with EP than 4 days without.

Of course that's just us, I realize everyone is different.

The ability to do Hogawrts Express is worth the cost. Plus the ability to get to Volcano Bay is a big deal to us in the afternoon.

Update: I found a deal for $1600 for 4 park to park days. I went with that. I would love the EP but if we just do one day at a premier we’ll have to shuffle hotels mid trip and don’t think that will be as relaxing as just staying put. Hope we’re making the right choice! We’ll find out soon :)
You don't actually have to shuffle hotels. :-) You can just go to the desk of the premier hotel and get your room keys/EPs and head to the parks as usual... no need to move belongings at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter