Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa?

Dizpinatic

Earning My Ears
Well, finally got the reservations done and decided to use Hotwire. We ended

up with a rate of $60/Night for the Wyndham Palace at WDW. Just wondering if anyone has

stayed here and what they thought of the hotel (location, amenities, rooms, etc).

Any info would be helpful.........thanks!

Sabina

:cool:

I'd also like to have some insight into this.

I'm also staying there next March... got it thru Priceline for $65 a night. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me as the rack rates are pretty high and most people seem to have good things to stay about it.

I have a couple of specific questions:

1) Are the pools really heated? Generally, all web sites say they are (included Wyndham's own) yet a lot of posts mention freezing cold pools. I can see the weather being less than ideal in mid-March at least some of the time and my fiance basically puts up with Disney World all day so he can swim the rest of our vacation in the hotel pool.

2) Does Wyndham participate in EE/e-nights (if they ever come back - maybe for peak season!)? Again, I've heard various reports on this.

and, the most important...
3) I'm a college student on a budget who has previously stayed at such fine lodging as the Days Inn. Am I going to be hopelessly outclassed in this four-star hotel? :confused: We're not exactly poor but paying rack rate for a hotel like this wasn't even an option. Will it be okay to walk around in shorts and T-shirts?

Thanks!
Brandy

The location of the WP is great! It's just a short walk to DD and a short drive to the rest of WDW. It's a big hotel and the rooms are quite nice. Ask for a "Disney View" and you'll be able to watch the fireworks from your balcony. Here are pictures from my stay in July 2001: http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=ACA69922065&cb=PA The only down side if that there is an $8.88 per night "resort fee" added to every room.

The WP did participate in EE and E-Nights. I bought E-Night tickets from the Disney Store in the hotel. The front desk staff is pretty clueless on EE and E-Nights, though. And bmleroy, you're only out-classed if you feel you are! All the tourists wear shorts and t-shirts and all the conventioneers wish they were!

Thanks for the link, Robin. Is that a standard room shown in the pictures? It looks great to me.

I'm not too worried about sticking out like a sore thumb now... I had this picture in my head that looked a lot like the hotel in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts felt so out of place. Me in my Tigger T-shirt, everybody else in suits and evening wear. :D

I'm really looking forward to staying at a 4-star hotel in Downtown Disney - quite an improvement over our last trip.

Brandy

I was there with my family and we had 3 rooms total. I had the smallest room, so I think it was a "standard" ;).

We stayed at the Wyndham in June, 2001. We were booked and payed for a Presidential Level Floor. (top floor right under Arthurs Restaurant) We had to key card access the elevator. Okay bottom line ...big deal what a waste, Noneof my Wyndham by request items were there. Almost every night that we returned to the room there were dirty linens on the floor, no toilet paper, broken shower door.
Guest services were beside themselves every time I called to complain. We went to Discovery Cove during that visit and I ripped my foot opened on a piece of Coral. Got bak to the Wyndham called the "house doctor and was told that I would have to drive about 45 minutes to be taken care of or go to the emergimed clinic around the block. 4 hours at emergimed I left and never got the stitches I needed. The moral of that one is do not believe the doctor on call for you in their guest services book. The hotel is not being maintained ( as it was in The Buena Vista Palace days. DO NOT let anyone tell you it is an easy walk to Downtown Disney you take your life in your hands crossing those roads. I wrote a letter to wyndham when I returned home and they offered me a free 3 nights anytime I return. By the way that stay in June was $269 a night January 2002 I am going on a Carnival cruise at the end of that trip I am going back to disney..I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I work too hard to be miserable on a vacation. Sorry that was so long but it had to be said. This will be our 19th trip to disney in 18 years.

Wow! I'm sorry you had such a bad time :(. I was there the month after you and the housekeeping was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter