Xbox 360 question..

SharkMeal

Do I know you?
My friends and I were playing rockband on the 360 and we were
doing really well until it said "Disc not readable" and the disc was all
scratched up. 50 bucks down the drain. How the heck did this happen??

Some drives on video game systems and PCs have a tendency to scratch discs that are put in them. Not really sure why, but it happens a lot.

And it's not money down the drain. Most electronics stores sell stuff that will remove minor scratches from discs for only a couple bucks.

It may also be a problem with the laser in your 360. How old is your system? And has it played everything else fine since this happened?

Some drives on video game systems and PCs have a tendency to scratch discs that are put in them. Not really sure why, but it happens a lot.

And it's not money down the drain. Most electronics stores sell stuff that will remove minor scratches from discs for only a couple bucks.

It may also be a problem with the laser in your 360. How old is your system? And has it played everything else fine since this happened?

It's not a minor scratch. It's really deep and it's all the way around the
freakin' disk.

And the Xbox 360 is the only thing that ever scratched disks, my wii,
and my friend's PS2 and PS1 never scratched a disk. I've had another friend
that had the 360 scratch their Guitar Hero III.

I'm not sure how old it is, my dad borrowed it from his work to get
the rock band guitar exchanged because it can't down strum.

And this is the only game I've played on it, but I have played it 2 times
before this, already playing on expert lol.
Get BioShock Best Game Ever Way Better Than Rock Band.

Huh? I'm sorry but how does that help me solve my issue of scratching
disks? I don't want to buy bioshock if it just gets ruined.. :(

Do you have any little video game stores around you? The big chains like Gamestop won't do this (at least as far as I know), but some of the smaller independent video game shops offer a service where they're able to get even big, deep scratches out of discs. It costs a little more than the do-it-yourself stuff, but it's not unreasonable.

You can ask around at stores and see if they offer it if you aren't sure.

And if your 360 continues to scratch disks, check on the little booklets that came with it for a number you can call about your warranty to maybe get it replaced.

Bad news, my dad would not believe me that any place could get such a bad
scratch out, so he went out and wasted 50 bucks on a new RockBand game
and has put the xbox 360 and all of its games off limits to us. :(

Thanks for your help anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter