Xmas in WDW for a couple

beezerdave

Mouseketeer
Hello all! We are going to WDW, staying at the AKV (yippee!) from 12/23-27. It was going to be DW, myself and our friends (2 adults/2 kids) but due to a financial crunch they cannot go. So it will just be two of us. We already have our dinners planned as well as the Candlelight Processional (on the Xmas Eve which also happens to be our 14th Anniversary!). What else might you good folks suggest for a couple to do at WDW at Xmas? Thanks in advance. :santa:

As stated in my Trip Report (link below), I think it is written in the WDW Tourist's Handbook/Bible "thou shalt go to the GF and buy a gingerbread shingle"

Seriously, the GF at Christmas is beautiful. One of the nights that we stopped over there, they had a bell choir doing Christmas carols. It was gorgeous.

:cloud9:

Sometimes WL has carolers, too! How about checking out the decorations at the other resorts? There are some really great trees and other decor at BWV, BCV & YC.
Lori

Do not miss the Osborne Lights at MGM! It is quite a spectacle and you two can sip some hot chocolate as the music plays, the lights flash and the "snow" falls on your heads. Even though there are a lot of people there, it is well worth it, and no extra charge! :)

Other than that, I'd agree with going around to the various resorts to view the decorations. Personal favorites of ours were WL/VWL, BWV and GF.

It's a great time of year....just be prepared for some crazy packed parks. When we went last year we didn't do many rides and just soaked up the atmosphere.

I agree with the OP. You have to stop by the GF ans see the Ginger Bread House along with the beautiful tree that is there. Great photo ops. Also the Osborne lights at MGM. Absolutely beautiful. Another great photo op.

You will not be disappointed in the Candlelight Processional. Sorry to get mushy here but it brought tears to my eyes. Then day we saw it last Christmas Gary Sinse (played Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump) was the reader. But with the All-star line up they bring in to read you can't go wrong any of the days.

I am trying to think of other neat events you might want to go to. Oh, it doesn't sound like you have children.....but we don't either....we went to MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) and absolutely loved it. It is a separate ticket item but well worth the money. They have many shows, a parade that is not seen during normal hours. You get free hot coco and cookies for the fireworks. It might not be you but it was us.

Just a thought. DVC members get a discount on those tickets I believe. Or at least they used to.

All fantastic ideas. We'll try them all! :-) Except we're missing the last MVMCP by one or two days. Just can't get off work before then. Thanks all. :santa:

We will be at WDW, as a couple, at the exact same time and also doing CP on Christmas eve! Small world!

As Granny mentioned, Osborne lights are a wonderful display, also not to be missed. A ride around to the resorts as mentioned is great fun. We will avoid the parks after Christmas Eve, too busy! I hope you enjoy.:santa:

They also have horse-drawn carriage rides at PORiverside and sleigh rides at WL (I believe). When we went, it was quite brisk outside. We covered ourselves with blankets and sipped hot chocolate - very festive and romantic!! :love:

Call early to reserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter