Yachtsman ADR in time to make Fantasmic?

neenersmom

Disney Lover For Life
I need some advice about our ADR's for September. We are going Sept. 17-25 and plan to eat at the Yachtsman on Thursday 22nd and then see Fantasmic at 8:30. What time is safe to make reservations to enjoy our meal but still have time to get in line for Fantasmic an hour early to get seats? I was thinking about 5:00. Dont want to eat to early but we have never eaten there and dont know how long it will take. Also if anyone can suggest the best way to travel to dinner from the poly where we will be staying. I thought we may just drive to the Yachtsman then either walk or take boat over to DHS for the show. Anyone know if the boats or walking to DHS is faster?
Thanks so much for any suggestions.

You can only park at the resort for 3 hours and you should plan on 2 hours for dinner.

Thanks, I didnt know there was a time limit on parking there. I will have to re think the transportation idea. Any better suggestions as how to get to Yachtsman and DHS from the poly?

also anyone know how long it takes to walk from Yachtsman to Fantasmic? Just incase the boat has a long wait. Thanks

Thanks, I didnt know there was a time limit on parking there. I will have to re think the transportation idea. Any better suggestions as how to get to Yachtsman and DHS from the poly?

You can drive from Poly to DHS, park at DHS and take the boat to/from YC to DHS. Or, you can take the bus from Poly to DHS and take the boat to/from YC.

I've heard of the 3 hour parking limit before. I think it applies at all resorts. I've also been told that they tend to enforce it more strictly when it's busy/depending on the CM.

Re: your question. I don't think you can schedule your ADR any later than 5 pm, especially if you go during a slower time of the year when F! is shown only a few times per week.

Thanks so much. I think we may just do that with taking the bus to DHS and then boat to Yachtsman. That way when Fantasmic is over we can just leave from DHS and not have to take boat back over to our car. Then we wont have to worry about the parking limit.

Just have to work out the times for Dinner now. I hope we can get something around 4:45 or at least 5 for dinner. We will see.

The earliest seating that you can get at Yachtsman's is 5:30pm. So I would suggest you make your ADR for 5:30pm or a couple minutes after that and then after dinner (which takes about 2 hours, sometimes more depending on your server) head over to DHS. I also agree that it would be smarter to bus to DHS and then boat or walk (takes anywhere between 15-20 minutes, depending on how fast you walk) over to YC, then afterwards you could either boat or walk back to DHS for Fantasmic. Good luck and have a great time...Yachtsman's is one of our favorite Signature restaurants.

Thanks for the info about the first ressie being at 5:30... didnt know that. That changes things a bit. I will really have to consider moving the yachtsman to another night if we want to get to Fantasmic on time. :eek:

we have but just wasnt impressed with the menu. it may be very good and we have never tried it. It may be something we have to re look at.

The earliest seating that you can get at Yachtsman's is 5:30pm. So I would suggest you make your ADR for 5:30pm or a couple minutes after that and then after dinner (which takes about 2 hours, sometimes more depending on your server) head over to DHS. I also agree that it would be smarter to bus to DHS and then boat or walk (takes anywhere between 15-20 minutes, depending on how fast you walk) over to YC, then afterwards you could either boat or walk back to DHS for Fantasmic. Good luck and have a great time...Yachtsman's is one of our favorite Signature restaurants.

I thought that too, since that's the case at other Signatures, but when I was exploring the idea of a dinner on our arrival day (unlikely, since we probably will get there later), a 5:00 pm ADR at YS came up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter