Yak & Yeti - Why no dinner reservations in Sept?

Nutbean

Mouseketeer
I want to book Yak & Yeti but it is open only for lunch in September. Does anyone know why this is? Tusker House and Rainforest Cafe are open past park close.

It sucks because it's our only AK day and I didn't want it to cut in to our already limited park time...

What to do, what to do???

I want to book Yak & Yeti but it is open only for lunch in September. Does anyone know why this is? Tusker House and Rainforest Cafe are open past park close.

It sucks because it's our only AK day and I didn't want it to cut in to our already limited park time...

What to do, what to do???

I'm not sure why they're not open unless its not peak season. I know other restaurants in other parks will limit their menus during off peak seasons.

We love Y&Y!!! We also love their QS option. It's located across "the street" from the TS with the same name. QS could be an option for time purposes. There are covered tables & chairs across from QS down a path. Just in case it's a warm day & you need some shade.

When AK closes at 5:00 pm (which I think it does for most of September), then the last reservation you can get at Y & Y is for 4:45 pm (15 minutes before the park closes).

I have a Y & Y ADR for 9/19 for 4:45 pm.

We did this as well last year. It's nice because you get to walk out of an almost empty AK when you're through w/ dinner.

Warning though, if this sort of thing bothers you - Y & Y doesn't rush you out, but they do start cleaning the restaurant & empty tables (putting chairs on tops of tables, etc.) while you're eating.

We're not slow eaters & don't normally linger over a meal - especially w/ 3 kids - so this didn't really bother us.

Our ADR was for 4:45 pm, & I think, IIRC, we were done by 5:45-ish. After dinner, I was even able to go in a nearby shop & purchase an AK print & then we leisurely walked out of the park.

When AK closes at 5:00 pm (which I think it does for most of September), then the last reservation you can get at Y & Y is for 4:45 pm (15 minutes before the park closes).

I have a Y & Y ADR for 9/19 for 4:45 pm.

We did this as well last year. It's nice because you get to walk out of an almost empty AK when you're through w/ dinner.

Warning though, if this sort of thing bothers you - Y & Y doesn't rush you out, but they do start cleaning the restaurant & empty tables (putting chairs on tops of tables, etc.) while you're eating.

We're not slow eaters & don't normally linger over a meal - especially w/ 3 kids - so this didn't really bother us.

Our ADR was for 4:45 pm, & I think, IIRC, we were done by 5:45-ish. After dinner, I was even able to go in a nearby shop & purchase an AK print & then we leisurely walked out of the park.

Oh, you do have a dinner reservation? Then the problem must be that they are all booked up. Crap!

What dates are you trying for? Did you try 4:30 or 4:45 pm?

Yesterday was my 180+10 day, & it was one of the last ADRs I made (I made all our character meals first & then went down the list for the other restaurants in the date order I wanted them) & I didn't have any problem getting the 4:45 pm.

Yesterday was my 180+10 day, & it was one of the last ADRs I made (I made all our character meals first & then went down the list for the other restaurants in the date order I wanted them) & I didn't have any problem getting the 4:45 pm.

I'm trying for Sept 13. I haven't booked our resort (I'm holding out for a discount announcement) so I don't have 180+10.

The only time at all I was able to get to come up was 2:30pm so I booked it. I will keep looking for a better time though.

I should probably add that I'm looking for reservations for a party of 8 and I just realized that is the problem. When I put in for a party of 4, a lot more times became available including one for 4:30pm. Poop.

I should probably add that I'm looking for reservations for a party of 8 and I just realized that is the problem. When I put in for a party of 4, a lot more times became available including one for 4:30pm. Poop.

Do you mind sitting at 2 tables? Maybe call & see if you can make 2 separate ADRs? And, then, as it gets closer, keep checking for more availability.

And I know exactly what you mean about waiting for a discount! We are too! I went ahead & booked so I could make the 180+10 ADRs, but we are really hoping for some kind of discount! My fear is, though, when Disney sees all of us already booked, they'll decide, "Hey, we don't need any discounts! The resorts & restaurants are already full!"

Do you mind sitting at 2 tables? Maybe call & see if you can make 2 separate ADRs? And, then, as it gets closer, keep checking for more availability.

And I know exactly what you mean about waiting for a discount! We are too! I went ahead & booked so I could make the 180+10 ADRs, but we are really hoping for some kind of discount! My fear is, though, when Disney sees all of us already booked, they'll decide, "Hey, we don't need any discounts! The resorts & restaurants are already full!"

I just got off the phone and this TOTALLY WORKED! Thank you so much!! I now have two confirmed reservations for 4 at 4:30pm. :love:

I just got off the phone and this TOTALLY WORKED! Thank you so much!! I now have two confirmed reservations for 4 at 4:30pm. :love:

AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad it worked out!

When I made our Chef Mickey's ADR, the castmember gave me the usual disclaimer that our party of 5 might be seated at more than 1 table. That's never happened to us before, so I'm not concerned. However, I laughingly told my DH later that, if that did, indeed, happen, we'd sit the 3 kids at one table & we'd sit by ourselves at another! Win-win! :cool1:

AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad it worked out!

When I made our Chef Mickey's ADR, the castmember gave me the usual disclaimer that our party of 5 might be seated at more than 1 table. That's never happened to us before, so I'm not concerned. However, I laughingly told my DH later that, if that did, indeed, happen, we'd sit the 3 kids at one table & we'd sit by ourselves at another! Win-win! :cool1:

Oh yeah. We're going with 6 kids, including 3 teens so if they are at another table, no problemo.

BTW, since I was on the phone anyway, I also caved and booked our resort...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter