YAY!!I made my ADRs this morning!!!!!!!!!

bobbie68

DIS Veteran
Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

I am excited, the trip finally feels real once making these ressies. I was up and at the computer by 6:00 a.m. got right on and 15 minutes later Poof they were there and got everything we wanted.

I learned on this site this week how to link my reservation so I could do plus 10 days and it was so helpful. It would have taken me forever to figure it out.

Thanks everyone for sharing your information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tusker House- lunch
Biergarten- dinner
Boma- dinner
Kona- dinner
1900 Park Fare- dinner
Le Cellier- dinner
Akershus- breakfast

Me too!! :banana::banana: This was SOOO much easier then last year! The only thing I had to call in about was BBB, but I got the time I wanted so it was all good!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Have a great trip!!

Okay, I haven't learned the easiest way to do it. I am allowed to go online next Monday and schedule my ADR's;can you help? I want to schedule them all at one time and I also don't want to call the 800 number to do it. HELP!:confused3

I haven't learned the easiest way either. Dang I feel like I'm behind the curve ball now...HELP :eek:

This was my first time using the online ADR system and it was easy and I got everything I wanted! :banana:

9/6 Cap'n Jacks: Dinner - DownTown Disney
9/7 Cyrtsal Palace: Breakfast - Magic Kingdom
9/8 Chef Mickey: Dinner - Contempory Resort
9/9 Shutters: Dinner - Caribbean Beach Resort
9/11 1900 Park Fare: Dinner - Grand Floridian
9/12 Cindy's Castle: Dinner - Magic Kingdom

----
Here is what I did.

1) 4:30AM CST opened Google Chrome with 6 windows.
2) Type in http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/ for each window
3) DO NOT LOG IN YET!!!
4) Each window/tab I selected one of the resturants I wanted but NOTHING ELSE. No dates, no number of people, etc..
5) At 4:50AM CST I logged onto the Disney website with my first window (the one for Cindy's Castle since this is the one I REALLY, REALLY wanted).
On each of the windows/tabs near the middle is some text saying to LOG IN so that you can print out your reservations. So I LOGGED IN on my first window only.
NOTE THAT ADRs START AT 5:00AM CST but when I did it at 4:50AM IT LET ME SO I FIGURE MY CLOCK IS BEHIND BY 10 MIN ON MY PC TO WHAT DISNEY IS USING.
6) Once logged in a new text appears right above the "Pick your date" that says you can link your ADR to your Disney Reservation and if you click on the link you can then give your reservation # and other info to form the link
7) Now when I clicked on the calendar I could see my 180th day + 10 days forward. So I selected the date I wanted.
8) Filled out the # of adults; # of kids
9) Filled out the time I wanted. MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE AM OR PM
10) Clicked "check avaliablity"
11) On new page it was either open or it would provide 10 to 15 mins up/down from my time
12) Selected the "avaliable" time and at the bottom of the page clicked CHECK OUT
13) New page asked for credit card info for cindy's castle ONLY and to click on COMPLETE CHECKOUT. Make sure you select "I read the rules and disclaimer" checkbox next to the CHECKOUT button.

Note that the website says you can continue to "add" more ADR but I did not and here is where the multiple windows/tabs come into play.

14) Once the checkout is done & I got a confirmation number I left the window/tab open but moved to the next window I had ready opened
15) Hit F5 to refresh the next open window and in doing that now I'm logged in and my disney vacation is also linked so I can continue my search.
16) Repeated 7-13 for this ADR and move on to next window.

By the time I was done with all my ADRs I just had to go back and print out each window for the confirmation number.

OMG! I had no idea doing them online would be so complicated! :scared1:

But thanks so much for this detailed information!

I'm so worried that I'll try to do this on the morning of...and will realize that I'm not doing it right...or that I'm confused about something...

Is there anyway to see sample screens of this process before the 180-day window?

It's not complicated at all but when reading the step by step it does make it seem like it is. My suggestion (I got it from another thread here) is to practice before your 180 day marker.

You can do a ADR right now? Go try it out.
Pick any resturant, select a date (any) and click on check avaliablity.
The next screen will either say "none avaliable, or give you the day/time".
Just don't click on the MAKE RESERVATION on the 2nd screen.

This will give you a feel for what you will be doing on the 180th day.
The CRITICAL point is making sure you link your ADRs to your disney vacation. Just look for the "link" right above the calendar when you do your first ADR. Once the first one is done the rest automatically (as long as you do NOT close your browser) get linked.

Hi,

I would like to share what I did this morning. I went onto the Disney site and went into dining. I only opened one window and did everything because I was afraid I might time out on the others.

I picked the ADR I wanted most went to book reservation and when it came up, at the end of the first paragraph it asks if you want to to retrieve your reservation, click on it and it will ask you for your reservation code for your room or package, the dates and the resort. Once that is in it will show your dates and the calendar will show you your plus 10 days.

I would go one at a time save it in my cart then continue.
Good luck I hope you get what you want.:)

Oh my.....it does seem complicated. But, I will do a test run of it at some point this week. Also, since I can start booking on the 16th...will it allow me to book my entire stay? Since I check in on the 11th of September, that would actually be 180 days out...:eek::eek:

Hi,

Yes you can book up to 10 days of dining. That is why you must put your reservation number for your room or package in where it says"retrieve your reservation" on the dining page. This allows the computer to let you make up to 10 days of dining reservations. If you don't link your reservation before you start your dining you will have to wait each 180 day mark to make a ressie.

Actually it is not that bad, I too tested it out a couple of days ago to make sure I knew where everything was. When you do make your ressies, you can keep them stored in the cart and then check out all at once. This will save time instead of doing each one individually. Just remember you have only 20 minutes idle time, after that it ends your session. I believe you can keep items in your cart up to 2 hours.

Good luck.:)

12) Selected the "avaliable" time and at the bottom of the page clicked CHECK OUT
13) New page asked for credit card info for cindy's castle ONLY and to click on COMPLETE CHECKOUT. Make sure you select "I read the rules and disclaimer" checkbox next to the CHECKOUT button.

Note that the website says you can continue to "add" more ADR but I did not and here is where the multiple windows/tabs come into play.

14) Once the checkout is done & I got a confirmation number I left the window/tab open but moved to the next window I had ready opened
15) Hit F5 to refresh the next open window and in doing that now I'm logged in and my disney vacation is also linked so I can continue my search.
16) Repeated 7-13 for this ADR and move on to next window.

By the time I was done with all my ADRs I just had to go back and print out each window for the confirmation number.

jediagh -- Thanks again for these detailed directions! I just tried it all out -- including having multiple tabs open, logging in on one, and then refreshing the rest! Worked perfectly! So glad that you shared this information!

When you do make your ressies, you can keep them stored in the cart and then check out all at once. This will save time instead of doing each one individually.

This is the one thing I had questions about. I'm thinking it makes sense, though, to check out right away, so as to lock in that first, and most desired reservation, right? Is it possible that holding them all in your cart, and checking out all at once could result in losing one of your times?

Believe me it is VERY easy! I think it is easier then calling in to do it. I started playing with the online ADR system last week to get used to it again. You can poke around with it and not commit to anything.

Okay....Am I mad? I am practicing (or attempting).....does the information on the reservation page (to link to your reservation) appear when you are actually allowed to place your reservation? If not, I am lost!!!!:headache::headache::headache: H:headache: Help.....:confused3

I just tried this for a make-believe vacation (my real one is in November so I couldn't try it) and it worked like a charm! Great idea :thumbsup2 I have played with the dining reservations before just picking out random times and places to eat and it was fun going through the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter