Yay i used my first layout sketch

MyLittlePiglet

DIS Veteran
I have not put the page together yet (I want to get my sewing machine out and sew some details) but anyway I used a modification on the sketch layout in CK January issue. It really helped me sort my photos and pick the ones that told the story as opposed to just haveing to use them all. It was a 2 page layout for my DD's first trip to build-a-bear. I may have to use more layout sketches now, it certainly pushed my creativeity is a different way then I am used to. So if you never tried basing a layout on one here is my encouragement for you to try, I was quite pleasantly surprised! :thumbsup2

WTG for trying something new! I keep thinking I will try the layout sketch thing but I've never done it. I'm saving it for a time when I have scrappers' block.

I love sketches!!! I have both Becky Higgins magazines and I ordered her new book which combines both mags and her sketches in CK.

I couldn't LIVE without my BH sketch books. I'm not terribly "artistic" and can't always see what a good "flow" is. But when I use her sketches I can almost always count on having a really good page!!..........P

I couldn't LIVE without my BH sketch books. I'm not terribly "artistic" and can't always see what a good "flow" is. But when I use her sketches I can almost always count on having a really good page!!..........P

Me to! I don't always copy them exactly, and sometimes use two different halves for a 2-page layout, but I find them so useful - and it stops pages looking samey! I'm getting ready to do a Christmas layou and I picked one from her book and I found it helpful even for colours (as she often picks colous or paper combinations I might not have thought of).

I am just discovering sketches! I just started receiving Scrapbooks, Etc. and they have several I want to try. Way to go MyLittlePiglet- can't wait to see the final product!

And if you use sketches don't forget the turn them sideways both ways and upside down. You get 4 times as many layouts that way!

OMG!!! Thank you SOOOO much for this thread!!!! :cool1:

I LOVE sketches. When I first started scrapping 5 years ago, I borrowed a bunch of old scrapping magazines from a friend and since I had to give them back, I sketched some of the layouts that I most wanted to remember. Sketching is so mush easier for me than seeing someone else's pictures on a page. I have a whole notebook full of sketches that I look through for inspiration. But I couldn't invest in subscribing to the magazines, so I didn't know there was a book devoted to sketches. I love Becky Higgins sketches!!!

I just order her Best Of book, I can't wait to get it!!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter