YC to Poly (Kona Cafe) by 8am on Sunday???

indigo

Disney Blogger!
What is the fastest route using Disney transportation to get from the YC to the Poly for an 8AM PS at Kona Cafe (have to check out the world famous Tonga Toast!).

Thanks

Indigo :earsboy:

Indy,

I thik that the only way you are going to get to the Poly from the YC is by bus...I could be wrong though...

As far as the Tonga goes...look out...good enough to be certified for a diabetic coma!!!

THe stuff is awsome, and we absolutley have to have it once when we go...on one trip we did not get there (stayed off property for the 1st and ONLY time) and you want tot talk about being depressed (not to mention hungry!).

Enjoy it with the thick cut of ham!!!

Dan

Best to ask Guest Services at the YC if you can ride the special early morning character breakfast bus. As far as I know, that would be the only way you could get to the Poly by 8 a.m. Buses don't generally start running until an hour or so before the parks open and I haven't seen the MK opening before 9 a.m. for quite a while.

The special bus will probably leave around 7 or 7:30 a.m. It's for the resort guests with early PS for the character breakfasts at the parks and resort hotels. I've read that the drivers will drop off guests at the resorts as well as at the parks.

Enjoy your breakfast!

Thank you Carol. Do you think Guest Services will know of this character breakfast bus? or is it some sort of secret?

:earsboy:

We also have an early PS at Polynesian and we are at YC.
Does anyone know if we can just drive over there and park?
We also have early PS for Boma's breakfast.

Originally posted by indigo
Thank you Carol. Do you think Guest Services will know of this character breakfast bus? or is it some sort of secret?

:earsboy:

It's not a secret and I'm sure Guest Services will have all of the details for you. To get more info before you go, try doing a search on the Transportation Board. Look for the posts by ChipN'DaleExpress. He is a Disney bus driver who has been posting over there. His posts have been very informative.

Originally posted by The Duchess
We also have an early PS at Polynesian and we are at YC.
Does anyone know if we can just drive over there and park?
We also have early PS for Boma's breakfast.

You shouldn't have any problem driving to AKL for your early PS at Boma's. In fact, as far as I know, that 's the only way to get there early unless you want to take a cab.

You can also drive and park at the Poly, but you will probably be given a 3 hour parking pass. Disney is trying to discourage people from parking at one of the monorail resorts to go to the MK. So if you are planning to go to the MK after breakfast, you will have to move your car to the TTC. If you are going to the MK after breakfast, I'd recommend the special character breakfast bus to you as well. The driver will drop you off at the Poly and then you can monorail to the MK after breakfast. When you are ready to return to the YC, you can just grab the bus back to the resort. We always try to bus to the MK from the EPCOT resorts. Driving, parking at the TTC and then taking the monorail or the ferry to the MK can take a lot of time and it's often a zoo at closing time. JMHO.

Enjoy your breakfasts!

The Character Breakfast busses start running at like 7:00. When the bus pulls in, make sure to let the driver know where you are going, as most often, they'll take you directly there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter