YC vs. BC

I've stayed in both YC and BC and I think they have a very similar vibe, but I prefer the slightly quieter atmosphere at YC. I also like that every room has a balcony. But I think if you strongly prefer one resort over another then that can make it worth the extra money even if it doesn't seem to "make sense."

I also think it's not necessarily the resort itself so much as your particular experience there at that time that determines whether you'll like the resort. The room you get, the view your room has, the weather, how crowded it is--so many things factor into the experience you have at a resort aside from the characteristics of the resort itself.

I still remember how excited I was the first time we wee able to secure a BCV studio during food and wine, all I wanted was a balcony to enjoy my coffee or wine on. Well, we ended up with a patio room with shrubbery growing into it with a view of what I can only describe as part road (with what seemed to be an excessive amount of truck traffic) and part drainage ditch looking feature, we still get a good laugh about that view to this day!

Yeah, but it's the shortest drunken walk home on property! There are a few rooms near the northeast portion of the building that have special views of the service bay and epcot resorts blvd. (you pay extra for that in the city, as they say. :))

Yeah, but it's the shortest drunken walk home on property! There are a few rooms near the northeast portion of the building that have special views of the service bay and epcot resorts blvd. (you pay extra for that in the city, as they say. :))

Oh yes, we still ended up purchasing a BCV contract many years after that delightful view, we love the resort, that view though was quite hilariously bad!!!!

I love to stay at the yacht club. I enjoy knowing that they have the full balconies, I like the fact that the lobby is quieter, and I like the friendship boat dock to Hollywood studios being closer than it is at the beach club. Last summer, I booked a travel agent deal with the beach club because yacht club was not available. I was disappointed that I was going to be staying on the BC side but kept positive because I was going to WDW for 10 nights . I ended up liking BC and we had a really great trip. I would probably pick the YC next time due to the balcony situation but honestly, they are both great! I say go for the YC and the free dining.

I know, they are right next to each other but I am torn....
We have stayed at Beach club 3xs, last year we stayed at Poly and I was disappointed. So I booked Beach Club for this year bc I missed it so much. BUT, we can get free dining at yacht club for much less. Am I silly for wanting to stay at beach club? I like being closer to International gateway, marketplace (gotta get the kids the mickey waffles in the morning), and just the overall theming and brightness of BC. WWYD?
I am the exact opposite...we love the YC, and BC is second. In fact, we bought into DVC because of the YC. I find the YC quieter and less busy. I used to love the gift shop there, but they have taken over the gift shop and turned it into a quick service :-(

exact same resort....beach pictures vs boat pictures.........pick one and be happy......you can't go wrong with either
My thoughts as well. It’s actually one resort with different sides/ themes. BC has the lighter beach colours, YC has in lobby darker Yacht club colours.
I have stayed at both, and prefer the YC because of quieter lobby, don’t get the crowds from. Cape May In lobby. YC has their own CS now, and prob the most important reason is balconies. A real balcony will make or break my trip. I enjoy sitting on it mornings with my coffee and evening when we return to room.

I love to stay at the yacht club. I enjoy knowing that they have the full balconies, I like the fact that the lobby is quieter, and I like the friendship boat dock to Hollywood studios being closer than it is at the beach club. Last summer, I booked a travel agent deal with the beach club because yacht club was not available. I was disappointed that I was going to be staying on the BC side but kept positive because I was going to WDW for 10 nights . I ended up liking BC and we had a really great trip. I would probably pick the YC next time due to the balcony situation but honestly, they are both great! I say go for the YC and the free dining.
Did you get a full balcony at BC? :wave2:

Or.... you could do what we are doing and get a split stay 50-50 at each! We really want to experience Storm-along bay, but with the different promotions at the resort it would have cost about $400 more to do Beach club the whole time, so we are doing the first half at BC and second-half at YC. I decided that money was worth the inconvenience of changing rooms one day.

It's our first time at either resort, and given the strong feelings expressed here on both sides, I am glad we'll get to try both.

We absolutely love the BC - it is one of our favorites along with the Poly. That said, yesterday, DH and I decided to switch the last three nights of our POR stay in just 27 days to the BC. Unfortunately, when I contacted my TA there was no availability at the BC but there was at the YC. At first I was disappointed, but last night we were watching YouTube videos of the YC and I'm really excited to stay there now. I think the new rooms are gorgeous and I love that there is no carpet in the rooms. The way I look at it, my boys can still go to SAB and we are still in the Epcot resort area, which we absolutely love. We actually enjoy the hustle and bustle of the BC lobby and I know the YC lobby will be totally different. Fortunately, the BC is just a hop, skip, and a jump away so we can easily pop over there if we are really missing it. The two things I am truly looking forward to at the YC is 1. a balcony - it is always a gamble at the BC and 2. being picked up at the bus stop first before heading over to the BC bus stop; I find that the busses are often packed by the time they make their way over to the BC.

I say give YC a try - you never know if you'll like it or not until you try it. :)

We absolutely love the BC - it is one of our favorites along with the Poly. That said, yesterday, DH and I decided to switch the last three nights of our POR stay in just 27 days to the BC. Unfortunately, when I contacted my TA there was no availability at the BC but there was at the YC. At first I was disappointed, but last night we were watching YouTube videos of the YC and I'm really excited to stay there now. I think the new rooms are gorgeous and I love that there is no carpet in the rooms. The way I look at it, my boys can still go to SAB and we are still in the Epcot resort area, which we absolutely love. We actually enjoy the hustle and bustle of the BC lobby and I know the YC lobby will be totally different. Fortunately, the BC is just a hop, skip, and a jump away so we can easily pop over there if we are really missing it. The two things I am truly looking forward to at the YC is 1. a balcony - it is always a gamble at the BC and 2. being picked up at the bus stop first before heading over to the BC bus stop; I find that the busses are often packed by the time they make their way over to the BC.

I say give YC a try - you never know if you'll like it or not until you try it. :)
The YC quick service counter is pretty lackluster. Expect minimal sandwich and salad offerings that seem pretty expensive even by Disney standards. I figured out too late in our trip that the Beach club options for warm, quick food (breakfast and lunch), were much better, and only a 3 minute walk away.

The YC quick service counter is pretty lackluster. Expect minimal sandwich and salad offerings that seem pretty expensive even by Disney standards. I figured out too late in our trip that the Beach club options for warm, quick food (breakfast and lunch), were much better, and only a 3 minute walk away.

I agree! I was looking over the menu on Allears and noticed the lack of offerings at the YC QS. We will probably walk to the BC QS or over to the Boardwalk Bakery. Sadly, the QS offerings at both BC and YC are lacking, IMO.

Did you get a full balcony at BC? :wave2:

We arrived late (around midnight) as we came from the West Coast. When we checked in they did not have a room with a full balcony but said that they could move us in the morning. We had pj’s and stuff in our carryons so we just had bell service hold our luggage (we had it with us due to the late arrival at MCO). When we got up the next morning we had bell services hold the rest of our stuff. There was a message on the phone that we had a new room and that we would get a text when it was ready. We got the text about noon that we had our room....we had a full balcony and a day bed which were my requests and we could see the top part of the taller buildings in Epcot. It was a great room on the 4th floor and they were so nice to us. For example, it rained on my son’s birthday and the campfire/marshmallow roast was canceled. A CM overhead my son’s disappointment over this and delivered a plate of s’mor fixings and milk for my son to our room that night...totally unexpected! It was my mom’s first stay at the BC and she really enjoyed it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter