Yee-Haw! Texas, Magic, Trivia Gods, and Montezuma!

Love That Mouse

Mouseketeer
Howdy Howdy Howdy! Or as we say in my native Western PA: Hey Yinz Guys!

Jump on-board (first bad pun) for a riveting tale of the high seas as I go day-by-day on our recent trip aboard the Magic from Galveston, November 3-10. I promise reviews, pictures, and a chuckle or two!

First, the cast: myself, my DW, my DS 3, and our beautiful DS infant, our best friends, fellow travelers, and godparents to our children: Uncle Randy and Aunt Stacy, hereby referred to as BFUR and BFAS (because I've always wanted to create some new, Internet code word).

We laughed, we conquered, and some of us bowed to the porcelain god......but more on that much later in the report (do I hear Montezuma marching....).

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!

Okay, bring on the report. I'm leaving on the Magic on 12/1 for my first Disney Cruise and can't get enough info ahead of time. Can't wait :cool1:

Hey folks! So sorry for the delay! It was back to work today, and my mighty Steelers play tonight! So I've been a bit delayed in continuing my TR.

In full disclosure. . . .I also forgot HOW to upload pictures. But I just figured it out and I will be ready to go soon!

Keep watching. . . .

All cast members in this daring adventure to Houston meet at BWI for our 3 hour flight to Houston. We decided to leave the night before so there would be little, if any, stress traveling the day of the cruise.

Of course, traveling with a 3 year old and a 5 month old is ALWAYS a challenge. But, thanks to BFUR and BFAS (see first post if confused), we make it through security with no problems and prepare for take-off!

Here is a lovely photo of our family at the airport:
family-at-airport.jpg

Don't we look happy and relaxed? Flying with BFUR and BFAS can make you THIS comfortable!

Okay. . . .It's not really my family. . . . We never took the camera out until we boarded the ship! So you will have to live with stock photos until then.

Flight left on time, arrived a bit early, and all seemed fine. . . .Until. . . . Luggage pick-up time. . . .

I don't think there is a more empty feeling in the world then that moment when you are standing in front of a luggage carousel at the airport with your fellow passengers, everybody grabs their bags, then. . . . you notice something. . . . all of the bags are gone. . . . all of your fellow passengers are gone. . . .the carousel is still running round and round. . . . you are missing a bag. You check that lonely bag stack of forgotten bags. . . . ARGGHHHHHH!!!!! It's like the walk of shame in college on Sunday morning. . . . Everybody knows your fate. . . . The "Luggage Service" desk at the airport. . . . You wait and you wait, hoping that some airline worker just left your bag off to watch you in this moment in some cruel, airline bullying routine. But, it is NOT a bullying trick at all. Your bag is somewhere else. . .

Yes, it happened to us. . . . . And at 11:00PM our time. . . .With two small children who have both passed out on that luggage cart. . .

Now listen, I understand that luggage problems can happen. But, I can not, for the life of me, figure out how a bag can go to Chicago when it was supposed to go to HOUSTON! The airline codes aren't even close!!!! HOU vs. MDW???!!!!!

Luckily, the bag was located in Chicago, and we could pick it up in the morning at 10:30. It actually worked out okay because we were returning to the airport for the shuttle to Galveston.

With reasonable assurances made, we headed to the Springhill Suites at Hobby Airport. The night wasn't going to get much better. . . . . .

uh oh.... not good for missing baggage :confused3. hope it arrived safe and sound the next morning.

We are also flying in the day before, staying at the Springhill Suites and going back to the airport in the am for the shuttle to Galvenston. Anxious to read more :) !!

Sorry about your bag! I'm reading along! We're cruising on Dec. 8th from Galveston and also staying the night before at the Springhill.

I'm glad we are driving in and not flying...... Ever heard the joke about the guy who went to the airline desk to check in and told them to "send one bag to china and tis bag to Chicago?" And the clerk said "I'm sorry sir we can't do that. Man says sure you can you did it last time......."
I know with kids this is NOT funny but it goes to show some people really can't read. Did you get them back in a timely manner I hope!!???

How could you do this to us?????? We need more.... seriously, tell your boss you have more important things to do and the project will just have to wait. There's a trip report that needs to be written. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter