Yep avoid Tuesdays

Ugh. It used to be opposite. We always fly on Monday first park day Tuesday. But I was considering having a day between for my kids to rest after flying all day.

I was there on Tuesday Aug 17th. We went to CA first and rode Everything there including WS by 11:00. At noon we got a Rise Boarding Group. We then went over to Disneyland at park hopping time and got on Space Mountain with a 40 min wait. We found Disneyland to be more crowded but not terrible at all. We got on everything we wanted to before returning to CA for dinner reservation before returning back to DL to do a few more rides before calling it an evening before Fireworks and watched them as we walked back to the hotel. We found Wednesday to be more crowded for us starting at DL.

So is this about to change with the implementation of the new Magic Key passes? I'm confused by the logistics of it all.

My Son and his new Bride flew in this morning rerouted from a honeymoon gone bad (Tahoe is on fire apparently 🤦‍♀️). They left at 5 am, landed at LAX at 7, checked in the DLH at 8:15 and have walked on every ride at Disneyland. Currently I believe they are on Splash Mountain. They said it’s amazingly empty at the park right now. Super jealous 😂

Last edited:
My Son and his new Bride flew in this morning rerouted from a honeymoon gone bad (Tahoe is on fire apparently 🤦‍♀️). They left at 5 am, landed at LAX at 7, checked in the DLH at 8:15 and have walked on every ride at Disneyland. Currently I believe they are on Splash Mountain. They said it’s amazingly empty at the park right now. Super jealous 😂
My wife and I were at the parks yesterday and are heading back in today. It was pretty great. Lots of people milling around it seemed, but we never waited longer than 20 mins for anything, including RSR, Space Mt, etc. Getting boarding passes was easy as well. We noticed a massive influx of people parking hopping or arriving over at DL right before the fireworks and post fireworks was busier than I expected (tho I didn't really have a point of comparison so maybe that's normal) but even still we were on Space Mt in 20 and BTMR in under 10.

Be curious to see if it's more of the same today or if new MK holders amp up the crowds a bit.

Expect more guests this Fri, Sat, Sun as Halloween offering start. But how many more guests will be telling and probably worrying to Disney if still not to bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter