Yes, we planned the entire trip around where we would eat. Problem? Complete! 3/11!!

Bistro was really good. If she's not all that adventurous, but will eat a steak, the Tenderloin would be a safe option.

I would definitely recommend Jiko. But it happens to be my absolute favorite restaurant in all of WDW, heck, anywhere even! I love it there. Might have something to do with their filet and mac & cheese entree! Hah...two of my favorite foods :goodvibes But then I love their flatbreads too, and service, ooo, and the Mount Kilamirta? DELICIOUS! So yes, I recommend Jiko over Citricos. But Citricos is top of my list too. Tough call.

She ate steak every night on our last trip. As I said, she's not very adventurous. ;) She liked all of them, except the steak at Flying Fish. I don't know if the Char Crust was outside her comfort zone or it just wasn't as good as the others. My DH, DS, & I didn't care much for our FF meal that trip either.

I'm convinced to stay with Jiko. Citricos will go on the list for next trip.

What an amazing report! Believe it or not, I've never read a Dining Review here before.:confused: Why, I don't know. I think I forgot this board existed.:o Anyway, great job!!!:yay: I love your descriptions as well as your photos. Eating at WDW is a huge part of each trip for our family, as we just love to experience it all while we are there.

We've had some amazingly fun times at 50s Prime Time. Here's a pic of mom force feeding my hubby his green beans.
ry%3D400

And my sis-in-law standing in the corner for tattling on DH.
ry%3D400

Out of all the places we've eaten, we've never been to Jiko's or the Bistro, but can't wait to try them. Thanks for such a great review of the Bistro. Boma is high on our list of favorites, so I'm thinking we'll love Jiko too.

Looking forward to reading more!

This is the reason I'm hesitant to try 50's. I never finish my plate, & I don't want anyone force feeding me in fun or not. My family isn't into antics, when dining. I finally gave in & scheduled lunch at 50's for our next trip, because I want to see the decor. I really hope we get a laidback server.

I'm taking a long weekend starting tomorrow, which means a brief hiatus from the report. Don't worry! When I get back I'll have more places to review! :yay:

Enjoy your time off!

She ate steak every night on our last trip. As I said, she's not very adventurous. ;) She liked all of them, except the steak at Flying Fish. I don't know if the Char Crust was outside her comfort zone or it just wasn't as good as the others. My DH, DS, & I didn't care much for our FF meal that trip either.

This is the reason I'm hesitant to try 50's. I never finish my plate, & I don't want anyone force feeding me in fun or not. My family isn't into antics, when dining. I finally gave in & scheduled lunch at 50's for our next trip, because I want to see the decor. I really hope we get a laidback server.

Enjoy your time off!

I think the servers sense who is up for some real "involvement" and who isn't, so don't worry. They play off of your responses. It really is worth seeing the decor.:)

Hello! :wave2:

I love your pics and reviews so far! I cracked up seeing your experience at the Prime Time Cafe...Ha! I had the same thing happen to me because I couldn't finish my plate (sooo full from eating all day and everyday!!lol)
I was seriously ready to die!!

anyways, enjoying your review, looking forward to more! popcorn::

here is my pic

me.jpg

My Nana opted for the Coconut Creme Swan and the eclair.
DisneyTrip09_269.jpg

Mom opted for the strawberries and cream:
DisneyTrip09_271.jpg

And I apparently wanted chocolate, going for the chocolate covered strawberry and eclair:
DisneyTrip09_270.jpg

All in all, this was a great experience and we'll totally do it again. It left us very full, so I'm glad we didn't plan on a lunch!!!

I'm taking a long weekend starting tomorrow, which means a brief hiatus from the report. Don't worry! When I get back I'll have more places to review! :yay:

Oh wow, I wouldn't know which dessert to choose from those, they all look fabulous. :love:

Have a great weekend, hurry back, I can't wait to see more. :yay:

But the frog leg...well, I've never tried frog leg. And as you can (kind of ) see, there's only one on the plate. So I kept an open mind. It wasn't terrible but I really didn't care for it. It was kind of slimy under the breading and I kept biting the bone by accident. Don't really care to have one again.

ummmm.....what? not ONCE have i EVER ordered a girl leg for dinner!
kermitthumb.gif

Back around Thanksgiving I came up with brilliant idea to have a "generations" tea. I like tea, my Nana likes tea...my Mom, well, sort of likes tea when she's sick? Yes. Tea it was. Fabulous idea! :idea:

So we picked up my Nana from the condo and off we went. And really...the parking at the GF is terrible. We had a 340 ADR, tried for earlier and nothing available. We checked in a few minutes early and we taken directly to our table. And I promptly hit my knee sitting down :headache: Drat. I was doing so well this vacation too! :rotfl:

I was really looking forward to this as something different
DisneyTrip09_265.jpg

As I mentioned on my last installment, my Mom and I purposely only had popcorn for "lunch." We decided on the Buckingham Palace, which has the multiple courses without the sparkling wine.

I started with the Mad Hatter Tea:
DisneyTrip09_266.jpg

My Mom had the Princess Blend (I think?) and my Nana had Harmony. Theirs came in the presses, mine just in the pot. The pot was really hot by the end of the tea, I had to use my napkin to pour.

We started with the sandwiches, which I totally forgot to take a picture of...whoops! Sorry :guilty: They were really good, I saved the egg salad for last because I knew that would be my favorite (I love me some egg salad!)

Then we had the tart and scone:
DisneyTrip09_267.jpg

OMG, absolutely delicious! Especially with the little bit of cream and jam. Yum! Loved it.

Next course was the sweets :woohoo:
My Nana opted for the Coconut Creme Swan and the eclair.
DisneyTrip09_269.jpg

Mom opted for the strawberries and cream:
DisneyTrip09_271.jpg

And I apparently wanted chocolate, going for the chocolate covered strawberry and eclair:
DisneyTrip09_270.jpg

All in all, this was a great experience and we'll totally do it again. It left us very full, so I'm glad we didn't plan on a lunch!!!

this is probably my favorite eating tradition at wdw! i'm so glad you had a chance to do the tea. however, i note you did NOT choose the trifle. hmmm....the trifle is fab and must be tried on your next trip!:goodvibes

Loving this trip report!! You've got some great pictures and I love that there are some of things other than food.

Oh...and you mean there are people who don't plan their trips around food? What is wrong with them?

The only Margaritaville I've been to is the one at the Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica...on the way home from our wedding.

The fried chicken at 50's is to die for!! Hubby got that and I had the salmon. I cleaned my plate and then kept picking at his chicken. It was just so good!!

We're thinking Cape May for our next character breakfast (hubby and I are pushing 40 with not kids and we insist on at least 1 character meal per trip). Sounds like a good choice.

Now I'm hungry from reading your report and I just ate lunch.

Hee Hee ... I was reading your review, reading about Citricos which DH and I would like to check out and thought I would get your thoughts on Y&Y Counter Service. I was planning to post when I saw the link to my review as you had asked for -- then I recognized the name. Thanks for linking to mine. And you had the same thoughts as I did -- what a lack of seating!!!!

Your picture of EE is just beautiful! Thanks for the great reviews and I will check back in for other reviews.

I told DH about the Bakery in Main Street but it was too crowded when we went there. We had better luck in Epcot at Norway -- no one was in front of us there - that place is hidden! And wasn't the weather just wonderful last week!!! And this morning we had snow flurries here in No Va!!!!!!!!!!!

We ate at Y&Y on our last trip, which was shortly after it had opened. I remember that I had honey chicken, which was pretty good. I can't remember what hubby had - probably the shrimp. I think that was good too. I have to find the picture and post it. We had no trouble with sitting. I think we went down around the back and there was plenty of it, but I could be remembering that incorrectly.

Love the Norway bakery. Wish I had some school bread right now. I have seen it with the line out the door though.

Love your reviews!! I've been lurking for a while now lol I want to go to tea, but I have two pirates who would turn the place upside down.. it would never be the same :rotfl:

I'd love to try the GF tea. We always enjoy tea at other locations. The times don't seem to work well for us though. It's too late for lunch & too early for dinner. If we do the tea as a late lunch, there's not enough time between then & dinner. I know it's traditional to have tea between lunch & dinner, but I need to figure out a time that works for my DH & DS(17). They think they have to eat 3 meals a day. :rolleyes:

kermitthumb.gif

:laughing:

I think the servers sense who is up for some real "involvement" and who isn't, so don't worry. They play off of your responses. It really is worth seeing the decor.:)

I hope that's the case. We don't mind a server kidding around with us, but I draw the line at being force fed or yelled at.

I am so glad that there are other people out there that plan their WDW vacations around ADR's!!! Ever since we've done the dining plan, that's all I do. I think that if you don't plan the parks around at least two meals per day you're not getting the whole Disney experience. My husband and I are going back in November and I'll be pulling him to the Yak and Yeti CS! I haven't been back:sad2: since it was put it. All your reviews are fantastic and I cannot wait to see what else you come up with!:jumping1: I must say, that I am a bit jealous that you've been to WDW sooo many times. Growing up in San Diego, I was able to go to Disneyland, which of course is AWESOME, but you get so much more out of WDW!! Keep it going, I'm looking forward to your next post!!!

Subscribing!
Doesn't everyone plan around their ADR's?

That strawberry Tart does look awful tasty!

Just joining. enjoying your reviews and pics.

Glad to see you liked Cape May. We are staying at BC and I want to try b'fast there. Last year, we went to Chef Mickey's - luckily, we had a better experience than you. I think I will definitely book Cape May this trip.

what fantastic reviews and I love the 'bonus' pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing- can't wait to read more!

My goodness! I certainly missed a lot while I was gone! The good news is that I have more WDW food to share! :banana:

I'll edit the first post to include the new food.

Great reviews! Everything looks delicious!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!
Kim

Glad you enjoyed!

Enjoy your time off!

I agree, they can definitely tell who's into the antics. And being "force fed" is never more than a bite!

Yum Yum! Great Reviews! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Hello! :wave2:

I love your pics and reviews so far! I cracked up seeing your experience at the Prime Time Cafe...Ha! I had the same thing happen to me because I couldn't finish my plate (sooo full from eating all day and everyday!!lol)
I was seriously ready to die!!

anyways, enjoying your review, looking forward to more! popcorn::

here is my pic

me.jpg

When I was there in August last year I couldn't finish my salad, so I got teased for not finishing my "greens." The whole plate was greens! :rotfl:

Oh wow, I wouldn't know which dessert to choose from those, they all look fabulous. :love:

Have a great weekend, hurry back, I can't wait to see more. :yay:

Oh I know! It was so hard to chose. Then my sweet tooth grabbed hold and decided it wanted chocolate ::yes::

kermitthumb.gif

haha :laughing:

this is probably my favorite eating tradition at wdw! i'm so glad you had a chance to do the tea. however, i note you did NOT choose the trifle. hmmm....the trifle is fab and must be tried on your next trip!:goodvibes

I'll keep that in mind :thumbsup2

Loving this trip report!! You've got some great pictures and I love that there are some of things other than food.

Oh...and you mean there are people who don't plan their trips around food? What is wrong with them?

The only Margaritaville I've been to is the one at the Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica...on the way home from our wedding.

The fried chicken at 50's is to die for!! Hubby got that and I had the salmon. I cleaned my plate and then kept picking at his chicken. It was just so good!!

We're thinking Cape May for our next character breakfast (hubby and I are pushing 40 with not kids and we insist on at least 1 character meal per trip). Sounds like a good choice.

Now I'm hungry from reading your report and I just ate lunch.

Haha, that's always my problem with this board popcorn::

This past weekend my boyfriend and I went up to Epcot for my birthday...I planned the meals for that too.

We ate at Y&Y on our last trip, which was shortly after it had opened. I remember that I had honey chicken, which was pretty good. I can't remember what hubby had - probably the shrimp. I think that was good too. I have to find the picture and post it. We had no trouble with sitting. I think we went down around the back and there was plenty of it, but I could be remembering that incorrectly.

Love the Norway bakery. Wish I had some school bread right now. I have seen it with the line out the door though.

Stay tuned, you just might see a picture!

Great so far!!! :thumbsup2

Did the egg rolls at Y&Y count as a snack credit on the DDP?

We weren't on the DDP and I've never done the DDP, so I can't be certain, but this is my understanding. This was their menu:
DisneyTrip09_109.jpg

If you look next to the egg rolls, there's the little purple symbol. I think that means it counts as a snack.

Love your reviews!! I've been lurking for a while now lol I want to go to tea, but I have two pirates who would turn the place upside down.. it would never be the same :rotfl:

Thanks! :laughing: It was very nice for the "generations" to do. Or for a girls trip!

Fantastic reviews!!! Nothing wrong with planning your trip around food... doesn't everyone do that? :confused3 :rotfl:

:rotfl: I don't know how else to go to WDW :confused3

I'd love to try the GF tea. We always enjoy tea at other locations. The times don't seem to work well for us though. It's too late for lunch & too early for dinner. If we do the tea as a late lunch, there's not enough time between then & dinner. I know it's traditional to have tea between lunch & dinner, but I need to figure out a time that works for my DH & DS(17). They think they have to eat 3 meals a day. :rolleyes:

:laughing:

I hope that's the case. We don't mind a server kidding around with us, but I draw the line at being force fed or yelled at.

With the tea, you don't have to go for all the courses. You can do the a la carte and get just the tea and then the tea sandwiches or the sweets. They also have a cheese plate. OR you can go at 2 and make it a late lunch. Then have a late dinner?

I am so glad that there are other people out there that plan their WDW vacations around ADR's!!! Ever since we've done the dining plan, that's all I do. I think that if you don't plan the parks around at least two meals per day you're not getting the whole Disney experience. My husband and I are going back in November and I'll be pulling him to the Yak and Yeti CS! I haven't been back:sad2: since it was put it. All your reviews are fantastic and I cannot wait to see what else you come up with!:jumping1: I must say, that I am a bit jealous that you've been to WDW sooo many times. Growing up in San Diego, I was able to go to Disneyland, which of course is AWESOME, but you get so much more out of WDW!! Keep it going, I'm looking forward to your next post!!!

You'll really enjoy the CS! I have been an awfully lot, but I'm sad now :guilty: I have no planned trips! It's very disturbing.

Subscribing!
Doesn't everyone plan around their ADR's?

That strawberry Tart does look awful tasty!

They should! :laughing:

Oh no! We've got another on the Strawberry Tart bandwagon! :lmao:

Just joining. enjoying your reviews and pics.

Glad to see you liked Cape May. We are staying at BC and I want to try b'fast there. Last year, we went to Chef Mickey's - luckily, we had a better experience than you. I think I will definitely book Cape May this trip.

As I've mentioned (I think) previously, we've had some great experiences at Chef Mickeys, but it was just that last one in October that was awful. I much prefer Cape May now. :thumbsup2

what fantastic reviews and I love the 'bonus' pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing- can't wait to read more!
Thanks! Coming right up :goodvibes

Love all your reviews! Glad to see another Disney fanatic my age!!

Thanks!

Next up...ummm...I need to check the first page:rotfl: But since I've been gone, I'll do two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter