Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one piece of related news that I found a bit unsettling was that the Disney World annual pass monthly payment
option is expected to only be available to Florida residents.

Not much help to those of us living in NY. Perhaps it's a trial run, and they'll roll the program out to the other 49 states shortly thereafter.

The one piece of related news that I found a bit unsettling was that the Disney World annual pass monthly payment
option is expected to only be available to Florida residents.

Not much help to those of us living in NY. Perhaps it's a trial run, and they'll roll the program out to the other 49 states shortly thereafter.

I doubt it, if you think about it lets say you are from NY and have two 10 day trip planned, one for December and one for June. You get the AP with the payment plan in Dec because getting an AP is the cheapest way to go.

After the second trip you really don't have any incentive to continue to pay off the remaining balance. So the Disney voids your AP but you already have used it as much as you wanted to. FL residents would use their AP throughout the year so they would have more to lose.

Maybe about the only thing Disney can do to the NY'er is ding their credit report.

Also I thought that the Disneyland plan was only for CA residents.

This is not true. I work in tickets and Guest Services and there is nothing internal which says anything about this. It is an unsubstantiated rumor only.

I doubt it, if you think about it lets say you are from NY and have two 10 days trip planned, one for December and one for June. You get the AP with the payment plan in Dec because getting an AP is the cheapest way to go.

After the second trip you really don't have any incentive to continue to pay off the remaining balance. So the Disney voids your AP but you already have used it as much as you wanted to. FL residents would use their AP throughout the year so they would have more to lose.

Maybe about the only thing Disney can do to the NY'er is ding their credit report.

Also I thought that the Disneyland plan was only for CA residents.

My Thoughts Exactly

This article is from March 19th when those rumors were swirling - notice it still says the two-park premier pass is also a rumor. Well, they announced THAT pass and nothing about a payment plan. Old news - actually, old rumor. Not news at all.

Nothing against those of you who might find this advantageous....but I sure hope this STAYS rumor!

We're heading back to DL for the first time since 07, so I've been hanging out on the DL boards. That payment plan was so popular that the parks are now packed any time there is not a blackout date for those passes. It really sounds like it has changed things at the parks substantially.

Of course, southern CA is completely different demographically than middle FL, but still........

I've moved this to the Rumors and News board.

While rumors of a payment plan for WDW Annual Passes have been swirling around the internet for several months now, there is no indication that it will be put into place any time soon. Or ever.

Heck, the date on the articles shows that they were way late to the rumor party - that was over a week after the shareholder meeting, when it wasn't announced...the rumor hit the streets two weeks before that.

I thought I read that Disneyland was going to have Starbucks? Is there any truth to the rumor? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter