Yesterday's DIS Unplugged show

Silliness ensues on something as SERIOUS as a Disney podcast? The horror!
i mean i do get what that poster is saying. isn't that how 'off the rails' came to be? if you're accustomed to Pete as the host there's a huge difference when he's not around. i would suggest to that poster above to check out the Panda show last week though. I thought that was very well done, he has a talent for hosting. (I know he makes a lot of his own content but I've never checked out his YT page, i probably should)

it really is how it needs to be. I’m not naming names, but when the boss is gone it’s like what happens when your teacher is off sick- silliness ensues. To me, when Pete’s gone it’s unlistenable and only when Deni hosts will I even consider listening.

Honestly, I enjoy the fun and lightness of the podcasts where someone else hosts.

back to the topic of cruising and the podcast's encouraging us to go....i was amusing when this week's podcast with kathy and ryno veered off into cruising again and then ryno read all of the wonderful new experiences just announced on the new dcl ship. But they were all "premium entertainment experiences" meaning there will be an upcharge and they are designed for families of young children. So there may need to be soon a reevaluation of dcl is a better value for the dollar then wdw because it sounds like there is a new model soon of a la carte experiences on board, and it's not what internet package you're buying!

Silliness ensues when John is on. Kevin too.

it really is how it needs to be. I’m not naming names, but when the boss is gone it’s like what happens when your teacher is off sick- silliness ensues. To me, when Pete’s gone it’s unlistenable and only when Deni hosts will I even consider listening.
Me too. I've been listening for a long, long time - long enough that my kids are grown and I relate to Pete a lot more. I'm very likely to turn it off if he - or John/Kevin - are not on.
And I've moved onto cruising too. I listened to an episode they did on cruising to Alaska, and tried it. Now, it's pretty much all I do.

Edit: that episode was probably 10 years ago 🫣

I love these shows; in fact, they used to be my favorites. I also like when Pete's there. Can't we have some of both? Really, we're stuck with both since Pete can't always be there.

Funny, I find the show most enjoyable when Deni and others are hosting vs. Pete.
I find the show boring without Pete, Kevin and John, especially without Pete. Pete can carry the show by himself. Yes he doesn't want the show to appear to be an infomercial, so he has his rants which are his shtick. Some people think they're too negative. In many cases, some believe they're not negative enough. This is one of the reasons why its been a successful show for the past 20+ years.

Last edited:
I find that if either John or Pete isn’t on the show then yeah I tend to switch off.
Jackie seems to the the only one I can rely on to bring the view of a parent these days and she’s sadly not on the show enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter