Yet another premium event but its with the sisters

I am really not convinced this is worth the price. Everyone I've talked to about this has said there should have at least been a meet and greet included. But I'm sure there are people out there who have the money and will pay for this - which I'm sure Disney knew this before offering it.

Not convinced?

It's basically outright theft...

Double the price of admission for a roped off section of asphalt, some cheesecake bites and a Heineken

Magic Kingdom After Hours Totally Awesome Premium Package ($749 for adults, $659 for children ages 3-9) A limited number of guests will have the exclusive opportunity to enjoy the Magic Kingdom after regular park operating hours as they sweep up garbage on Main Street while the Evil Queen berates them. Guests are welcome to refill any water bottles they find in the gutter.

I'm Like Sooo Wealthy Ultra Exclusive Platinum Premium Package ($10,000 for adults, no discount for children) Take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to push Tinkerbell out of the castle window before the fireworks. Safety harness not provided.

Guys I can't decide between these two! HELP!!! :rotfl2:

My comment upon seeing this "Premium Package" was that if people keep spending $90 on cupcakes and a VIP Badge (the rest of the stuff is free anyway) then Disney isn't going to bother to offer actual packages of value. I dropped $300 within seconds of hearing about Villains Unleashed and that was a hot mess. Fool me once, shame on you.

So seriously...Evil Queen or pushing Tinkerbell out a window?

I want to know why 90% of the posters here. Regular posters mind you. Why do you come here spewing your cynicism and loathing of the Disney company and parks. This place has become nothing but a burn book. I want a place to go to hear news and rumors and not be bombarded by haters. Does anyone know of a place where Disney loving adults can do this?

I want to know why 90% of the posters here. Regular posters mind you. Why do you come here spewing your cynicism and loathing of the Disney company and parks. This place has become nothing but a burn book. I want a place to go to hear news and rumors and not be bombarded by haters. Does anyone know of a place where Disney loving adults can do this?

Well, i speak for myself... But I've found to be a doppelgänger of many on many occasions...

I don't "hate/flame" Disney. I constantly get accused of being a negative nancy and spiteful bridge inhabiting troll that's only out to ruin the dreams of all princes/princess who just want the pure unspoiled joy and real magic that a team of not for profit visionaries and magic makers in Anaheim California work tirelessly for purely their benefit to create. (Deep breath there)

But...there's a method to my madness. I evaluate the moves, the history (not as big of a deal as many), and what I think it could mean for the future. So I'll flame what individually looks like profiteering in favor of quality almost all the time.

The "their in business to make money" argument is not a 100% applicable free pass excuse. The "free market is always right" is also incredibly naive (yes...the Gipper lied to us).

There are things that even a hugely successful company such as Disney does that are not well intentioned or even well though out. Executives and stock analysts sometimes have the wrong priorities, and some are too greedy to the detriment of us all.

That's just me...and i am an incredibly loyal, longstanding, longterm invested Disney customer.
But I can't be blind...and I can't leave my brain at the door to dress my daughter up like rapunzel (even if its cute).
I don't hate Disney (specifically wdw)...I freakin love it. But I don't want a bunch of greedy, stock hungry jerks selling to a bunch of fools to ruin it for 7 billion humans on this planet.

These hard ticket "premium" events are dangerous. Some are overpriced beyond reason (see: ultimate thrill seekers your)...others are an outright sham...such as this frozen thing.

The more you buy them...the more you encourage them that they're worth it and the more chance they'll get drunk off the profit.
And...what I worry about... Is the incentive for them to put new things (or general maintenance) into the gates that EVERYONE pays for will be reduced. And at wdw that already has been severely diminished for the last 15 years or so.

We have to be better consumers...even Disney cannot stand against the customers expressing their desire for a bigger return on their investment in some form.
Buying "premium" dessert parties is the way to do the EXACT opposite.

We all love Disney, but a lot of us don't feel like its being ran right.

Well, i speak for myself... But I've found to be a doppelgänger of many on many occasions...

I don't "hate/flame" Disney. I constantly get accused of being a negative nancy and spiteful bridge inhabiting troll that's only out to ruin the dreams of all princes/princess who just want the pure unspoiled joy and real magic that a team of not for profit visionaries and magic makers in Anaheim California work tirelessly for purely their benefit to create. (Deep breath there)

But...there's a method to my madness. I evaluate the moves, the history (not as big of a deal as many), and what I think it could mean for the future. So I'll flame what individually looks like profiteering in favor of quality almost all the time.

The "their in business to make money" argument is not a 100% applicable free pass excuse. The "free market is always right" is also incredibly naive (yes...the Gipper lied to us).

There are things that even a hugely successful company such as Disney does that are not well intentioned or even well though out. Executives and stock analysts sometimes have the wrong priorities, and some are too greedy to the detriment of us all.

That's just me...and i am an incredibly loyal, longstanding, longterm invested Disney customer.
But I can't be blind...and I can't leave my brain at the door to dress my daughter up like rapunzel (even if its cute).
I don't hate Disney (specifically wdw)...I freakin love it. But I don't want a bunch of greedy, stock hungry jerks selling to a bunch of fools to ruin it for 7 billion humans on this planet.

These hard ticket "premium" events are dangerous. Some are overpriced beyond reason (see: ultimate thrill seekers your)...others are an outright sham...such as this frozen thing.

The more you buy them...the more you encourage them that they're worth it and the more chance they'll get drunk off the profit.
And...what I worry about... Is the incentive for them to put new things (or general maintenance) into the gates that EVERYONE pays for will be reduced. And at wdw that already has been severely diminished for the last 15 years or so.

We have to be better consumers...even Disney cannot stand against the customers expressing their desire for a bigger return on their investment in some form.
Buying "premium" dessert parties is the way to do the EXACT opposite.

This post is exactly why we need a "like" button.

This post is exactly why we need a "like" button.

Stop it... I'm blushing ;)

(And as a frame of reference as to how we all love Disney here - CnD79 has gotten on me for my tangents hard in the past. Also, correctly...more than likely. But there's also a mutual respect and some "arguments" here that almost everyone can agree on.
Because we're all big fans. But don't want that to be used against us if the TWDC isn't towing the line)

I want to know its up to all of you to decide whether an event is "worth it". To be able to eat great desserts and enjoy the Osbourn lights while not having to fight through a sea of humanity sounds great to me. Throw in some extras and it probably is worth it to quite a lot of people who have more money than me. Meanwhile it doesn't take from anyone else and it Helps to pay for all the changes that are going on. Why gripe. So what. Move on. You all just enjoy your negativity. It's gives you something to do.
People are always rationalizing the inordinate amount of negativity on the board but to you haters I say Dont come down here anymore then. Us locals who love it and moved here to live it all the time,would have less bodies to wade through and less complaining to endure by ungrateful entitled tourists.

I want to know its up to all of you to decide whether an event is "worth it". To be able to eat great desserts and enjoy the Osbourn lights while not having to fight through a sea of humanity sounds great to me. Throw in some extras and it probably is worth it to quite a lot of people who have more money than me. Meanwhile it doesn't take from anyone else and it Helps to pay for all the changes that are going on. Why gripe. So what. Move on. You all just enjoy your negativity. It's gives you something to do.
People are always rationalizing the inordinate amount of negativity on the board but to you haters I say Dont come down here anymore then. Us locals who love it and moved here to live it all the time,would have less bodies to wade through and less complaining to endure by ungrateful entitled tourists.

Well...I thought I had done a decent job of describing where at least I was coming from...

But you just seem too angry to notice.

If I said that I had work experience at wdw (not working the platform at space mountain) and I have some insight into how and why decisions are made and some of the overhead /relative costs, would that matter?

I'm guessing probably no. But the "valuation" of theses "exclusive events" are way off.

Ahhhh...you seem like a retired transplant who moved to Orlando to become a "local Disney elitist"....

That's my favorite... Do tell me how that goes...

(See...name calling and disrespect can go both ways. And FYI...it was never about "magic"- just your money. Disney is a Dow 30 company who just casually threw a billion to a struggling park in France 3 hours ago. They don't need any more defenders... And if you give them complete, unquestioning loyalty, they'll suffocate you with it)

Have a Disney day ;)

So you want us to stop coming and pumping money into your economy?

Yeah, that would be a smart move.

How about we stop spending money on over priced hard tickets, and force TDO to spend money to actually make the parks what they should be.

I guess you can count me as being part of that loathing and cynical demographic you speak of, although I would instead classify the group as cautious and grounded.

I can't say much more than what has already been relayed, but blind loyalty usually breeds a complacent tone and attitude by those being worshiped. We love Disney just as much as anyone else, but we don't want to let them get away with just anything. Disney got us to come here by being above the standard in the theme park world. Now they're more or less living off of brand name and I want to see that change. Again you've got us here; now work at it a bit harder to keep us here, especially if you're going to continuously raise prices on hotel rooms, entrance fees and parking.

You speak of changes in a later response. Nothing more than rumor and speculation at the moment around Hollywood Studios, and I would suspect that the massive infusion of capitol into Paris is probably going to thwart any plans in the near future. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if you see an even more concerted effort to bring more premium events to the parks (faster than what was planned) to help recoup that infusion. Does that make me cynical? I don't think so. It's hard to be considered cynical when the proof is standing there for all to see with the increase in these premium events (and the revenue they generate), so it's natural to expect them to not only continue, but to increase in frequency to offset big expenditures. If that observation (more events) turns out to be true, then we only have ourselves to thank as we buy into this latest bundle of premium events.

Lastly it's hard to compare locals to the out-of-towners. The cost is a bit more for us than it is for you to visit, so our awareness of cost/value ratio is going to be higher. Hardly the characteristics of 'ungrateful entitled tourists'.

I guess you can count me as being part of that loathing and cynical demographic you speak of, although I would instead classify the group as cautious and grounded.

I can't say much more than what has already been relayed, but blind loyalty usually breeds a complacent tone and attitude by those being worshiped. We love Disney just as much as anyone else, but we don't want to let them get away with just anything. Disney got us to come here by being above the standard in the theme park world. Now they're more or less living off of brand name and I want to see that change. Again you've got us here; now work at it a bit harder to keep us here, especially if you're going to continuously raise prices on hotel rooms, entrance fees and parking.

You speak of changes in a later response. Nothing more than rumor and speculation at the moment around Hollywood Studios, and I would suspect that the massive infusion of capitol into Paris is probably going to thwart any plans in the near future. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if you see an even more concerted effort to bring more premium events to the parks (faster than what was planned) to help recoup that infusion. Does that make me cynical? I don't think so. It's hard to be considered cynical when the proof is standing there for all to see with the increase in these premium events (and the revenue they generate), so it's natural to expect them to not only continue, but to increase in frequency to offset big expenditures. If that observation (more events) turns out to be true, then we only have ourselves to thank as we buy into this latest bundle of premium events.

Lastly it's hard to compare locals to the out-of-towners. The cost is a bit more for us than it is for you to visit, so our awareness of cost/value ratio is going to be higher. Hardly the characteristics of 'ungrateful entitled tourists'.

Nuda veritas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter