Yet another question-is Jet Blue seating pre-assigned when you make reservation?

bande

Mouseketeer
I am comparing Jet Blue and Southwest to decide which is our preferred airline before the rates are released for our trip in Feb. 2012. It appears that Jet Blue's seats are assigned when booking made, but then in another spot on their website it states if assigned seating not available online it will have to be done at airport. Very confusing. Can anyone clarify? Southwest appears to allow people to choose their seats but you can do things to get an earlier boarding time therefore more choice for your seating if I am understanding their info. correctly. Any help to clarify or correct me would be appreciated.

when I fly Jetblue, which I just did a few days ago, you can pick your seats at booking, but then you can change it when you check in, as well!

The reason it says "if assigned seating not available online it will have to be done at airport" is because generally airlines that do prereserved seats do not allow 100% of the seats to be preassigned. The airport controls a small percentage of the seats for day of departure so they can do things like get families seated together, account for any weight and balance needs, get handicapped pax seats, etc.

If the price is right we prefer Jet Blue- and picking exactly where you sit- but the best with them is the tvs at every seat!! We are flying Southwest down this year (Jet Blue home)and paid extra for each of us for the Early Bird check in so we will get in the line up soon enough to be able to sit together.....Southwest does not assign seats but you board in groups depending on when you check in online-I wish they would just assign seats. Both airlines have been fine for us- just love the Jet Blue tvs-Southwest currently still allows you two checked bags each no extra charge and Jet Blue one each.

You can pick your seats when booking, also you can change your seats anytime by visiting their web site and pulling up your reservation. The only time there is a charge is for extra leg room seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter