• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another rope-drop/castle update + park pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
A friend and I were treated to a DL Magic Morning today courtesy of the very kind @bethwc101. Thanks for inviting us! We had a great time! It was funny because my friend and I kept remaking "Wow, it feels like 10:30" and it was only minutes after 9:00. We tend to go every Sunday and after Fastasyland and four or five rounds of Buzz, that's usually what the clock reads.

One thing I discovered this morning: many of you will recall my post on Sunday in which I explained that the Snow White's Grotto path was open. Yes -- it is. However, several people told me that at park open this morning, CMs didn't allow guests to cut through there. They still had to go the long way around Matterhorn to make it to Peter Pan >:-(. Why? No idea. I can only guess that they didn't want some to cut through while others had to take the long way (even though that hasn't been enforced for the past several weeks -- we've been usurped countless time by people cutting through those side paths after we'd taken the long way 'round). I'll have a better idea next Sunday if the shortcut will be allowed.

Some pics from the park today.

Flowers in the park.

IMG_8975.JPG

IMG_8983.JPG

IMG_8985.JPG

A friend snapped these SWGE views from atop BTMRR
IMG_8986.JPG

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8988.JPG

Love how the girl in front pretended to be on her phone.
IMG_8989.JPG

Buzz.
IMG_8971.JPG

IMG_8981.jpg

Last edited:
A few more.

Critter Country was rather bare at around 9:30 this morning. Also, SM was down in the morning. There wasn't even any water flowing. This was corrected just a short time later.
IMG_8960.JPG

IMG_8961.JPG

IMG_8963.JPG

IMG_8964.JPG

IMG_8968.JPG

As I arrived at the park this morning -- waited for more than ten minutes for a tram to arrive at 7:05 this morning! -- I got an email from @Disney127 -- friends visiting from Canada. They asked if I'd planned to be at the park. Oddly enough, I was. It was great to meet up with them in the early afternoon for tea :-).

Last edited:
Is this what it looks like at rope drop? It looks so quiet. Also, what's the deal with the castle? No change?

Critter Country was unusually quiet yesterday morning. That’s about the earliest I’ve ever been there (about 9:30) but I suspect it’s just as quiet if not more so at rope drop, especially since Splash Mountain was closed.

Other than what I reported above, I don’t believe there’s any other castle news... at least to which I’m privy.

@WonkaKid It was great to meet up again with you, Rob! Jillian and I really enjoying chatting with you. She says that it’s great to meet an adult who shares our love of Disney!

Those are great pictures! I hope some of the flowers are still around when we get there the end of April! And those views of Galaxy's Edge, wow!

I love the photos of the pink blossom trees by Walt's statue--just stunning! I don't remember seeing them that pink in our visit earlier this month. Then again, whenever I walked by that statue, I was usually speed walking to Splash or Space!

I'm also curious how your friend invited you to enter early during Magic Morning. As an AP holder, you don't get Magic Morning, right? Was the friend able to get hotel key cards so you can go in early via EMH?

@WonkaKid It was great to meet up again with you, Rob! Jillian and I really enjoying chatting with you. She says that it’s great to meet an adult who shares our love of Disney!
@Disney127 Likewise! It's always nice to see you both :-). And as far as I’m concerned, she’s also an adult — or at least a wonderful young lady — who shares my love for the parks. I’m so glad you reached out :-). Wish I’d had more time to hear about the three Asian parks you both visited last summer

Last edited:
@Disney127 Likewise! It's always nice to see you both :-). And as far as I’m concerned, she’s also an adult — or at least a wonderful young lady — who shares my love for the parks. I’m so glad you reached out :-). Wish I’d had more time to hear about the three Asian parks you both visited last summer

Hopefully, we can meet up again the next time we are at DL. And we will give you more warning! LOL :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter