Yet ANOTHER Webbie question...

jcemom

Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I know this has been discussed before but I can't find it...
Now, I understand that fees start to be deducted from your webcert balance for inactivity after a certain period of time (6mos maybe?) BUT, what is considered inactivity? If I keep adding webbies to my account is that considered keeping it active? Or do I need to SPEND to keep it active?

Our next Disney trip is a LONG way off (unless something changes) but I want to cash in my points for webbies. As long as I periodically cash in for more webbies and keep adding them to my account will I keep from having inactivity fees deducted? (I'd like to keep accumulating them and then apply it all to my resort reservation!)

Thanks!

Fees

Webcertificate.com is always aiming for the ultimate in customer satisfaction. And in order to keep our customer service standards the highest on the Internet, we've introduced a few nominal service fees.

Service Feature Fee
Purchase a Webcertificate in denominations of $20-$49 $2.95
Purchase a Webcertificate in denominations of $50-$99 $3.95
Purchase a Webcertificate in denominations of $100-$200
$4.95
Add Funds to Webcertificate Account up to $200 2%
Webcertificate "Plastic" Card $6.95
Account Dormancy Fee $3.00
Overlimit Fee^ $15.00
Inactive**- An account which meets the following criteria:
It's been 12 Months since the last Webcertificate was claimed to the account.
There have not been funds added to your Webcertificate Account in last 90 days
There have not been a purchase made with your Webcertificate in last 90 days
^Overlimit Fee: At the discretion of C/Base Inc., a fee can be applied to the account if the total balance is less than $0.00. C-Base reserves the right to collect the fee against the funding source of the account or initiate collection activity directly with the customer.

If you have any questions about these service fees or your Webcertificate account in general, please contact our Customer Service Team via customerservice@Webcertificate.com or 800-511-1781.

I called them once and was told that adding money (she suggested $1) was considered a transaction and you would avoid the dormancy fee. However, if I'm reading the fees right, you would be charged a fee of 2%.

I think, not sure, that she said adding to it from a redemption would be considered a transaction.

In either case, if I understand the fee schedule right, you need a transaction every 90 days or you have a fee applied to the webbie. That leaves me with some thinking to do - I don't earn enough points in 90 days to add a redemption (MyPoints) nor do I want to be charged a fee for adding money. I don't want to just spend it because the idea is to save it for Disney.

Does anybody know if you can add money to your PayPal account using a credit card? Maybe that's an option for me.

Wow! I doubt I'll be earning a webbie every 90 days. Hmmm...maybe I should just buy GC's to Wal Mart or somewhere that I shop regularly anyway, then "pay" myself for the GC's and put that money aside. :confused:

You can add funds to your webbie with a credit card for a fee. I believe it's the 2% talked about, although it seeems to me that it's less than that. I've done it before to avoid taking more than a card or two when going on vacation....

It's starting to seem too complicated. I'm not sure if I could remember to add money every 90 days!

All I know is I used mine to buy DD on 6/29 and didn't redeem another Webbie until 10/17 (that's over 90 days, right?) and they DID NOT take any fees out of my account.

Is it that all 3 conditions have to be met, or only one?

I suppose if you really want to know you can always contact them:

If you have any questions about these service fees or your Webcertificate account in general, please contact our Customer Service Team via customerservice@Webcertificate.com or 800-511-1781.

Good suggestion. I just emailed them and will post when I hear from them!

Really quick response from webcertificate.com! Here is their explanation:

We received your inquiry regarding the dormancy fees on Webcertificate
accounts.

The dormancy fees are applied to cover our expenses and to aid
in the maintenance of accounts.

If you use the Webcertificate for a purchase or if you add funds to
your account, this will reset the inactivity state for another 90 days.

An inactive account is defined as an account that meets ALL three of the
following criteria:

You have not claimed another Webcertificate for 6 months or more.
Your Webcertificate has not been used for a purchase for 90 days or
more.
Your Webcertificate has not had funds added to it for 90 days or more.

Example: Six months after you received your last Webcertificate, the
balance in your account is $7.00 and you haven't added funds to or spent
your Webcertificate for at least the past 90 days. Your account will be
assessed $3.00 and your account balance will then be $4.00.

If you claimed a Webcertificate into the account in January and haven't
used the account for a purchase until the following June, the fee WILL
NOT be applied, as you used the account for a purchase before the end of
the 6 month period (June 30th). The dormancy fee would be applied 90
days after June 30th unless you used the account again for a purchase,
claimed a Webcertificate or added funds to it.

NOTE: The dormancy fee cannot make your account balance go below $0.00.
We will never send you a bill for any dormancy fees, as they are ONLY
applied to your Webcertificate account balance.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or
comments.

Webcertificate Customer Service
800-511-1781

Thanks for the info, jcemom.

But I'm a little confused because their site says 12 months not 6 months. I wonder if they just changed the policy to 12 months? Because I know it use to be 6 months.

Yep, I noticed that too. I think I've come up with the perfect solution for me! I'll just cash in my points for Wal Mart GC's, then have my mom buy them from me because she is a Wal Mart shopping fanatic! It will be just like cashing in my points for cash! :teeth:
This webbie thing is just WAY too complicated for me! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter