YIPPEE!! Details re: Happy Haunts Ball..cocktails in the Magic Kingdom???????

chef's wife

Trying to keep chefmanny under control!
Yes folks,
My barrage of letters and emails worked!(just kidding.....REALLY!) We are going have alcohol available at the Happy Haunts Event! I'm going to try and break my record for outstanding beer burp previously set at the AK event in April 2002 which happened to coincide with my birthday. I really thought this would be a "dry" event since it's at MK. I'm also very impressed with the details:
TWO alcoholic Beverage coupons (do you think Dylan will get one that I can use?)
Free photo
Graveyard Dig for pin
Buffet Dinner(probably Liberty Tree tavern food)
Dessert
Haunted Mansion Seminar w/Imagineers
Scavenger Hunt
Auction
Fortune Tellers
ADDITIONAL Boxed set LE350 available by manual RSP
with three of us going, we have a shot at getting one.
Let's just hope it's a beautiful night!
See ya!
Michelle:bounce: :Pinkbounc

The Happy Haunts Ball is a special, hard ticket event taking place On Oct. 30th at the MK in WDW and is sold out. Sorry!

I read about the drink tickets on another board & was totally amazed! I heard about the lottery for teh additional pin set, and would like to try for it, since I did not get the pin set that was my #1 pick. Was a price quoted?

Lady Michelle,

Did you cast a spell or something? Libations at the MK...very cool!

Have a cosmo for me!! :D

Sounds cool! I realize it is sold out(I have tickets for MNSSHP on the 31st! though!)....How much were the tickets and was admission only with a hard ticket and admission price?

we, too, have 3 going and hopefully with those odds we have a chance at one also!!!!

Looking forward to the scavenger hunt as well. can't wait for that one either...heck we can't wait for the event period!!!

dawn g
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The event cost $99 per person if you were a passholder, $109 if not. Only 999 guests will be attending and the event is from 8pm to 12am on Oct 30th. The Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain & Thunder Mountain rides will be open. They are not allowing costumes at the event, however. Face painting only per Event Services. I'm really shocked they are going to waive the no alcohol in the Magic Kingdom rule. I guess when they saw my name on the guest list, they decided to rethink that rule--Disney IS a FOR profit company, after all. :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Everybody put on their drinking frock!
See ya!
Michelle

Im almost as excited about this as Michelle is...now lets all cross our fingers that I dont get lost in the parking lot like I did after the AK event at AKL...!!! ;) Long story...dont ask...but to make it short...Raul found me wonderin' in valet parkin' singin' to myself!!! :p

Buggin'
Amber

I hope my admission fee did not go towards alcohol. This should be cash only. Some of us do not drink and shouldn't have to have our ticket money go towards drinks.

Your right,
We alcoholics should have to pay for our own light beer! I'll make a deal with you....You give me your alcohol tickets, I'll give you my dessert! I'd rather drink my calories anyway.
Lighten up!
Michelle

hey, some of us would rather our money not go towards meat either, but a lot of people would. hope we all just have a good, safe time. See y'all there.:D

What kind of people do you guys let go to your "Dark" events?!?

They don't like "spirits" and they don't like "meat wagons"!

Good thing that I won't be there, I'd have to do some real @$$ kickin' Underworld style!

Have fun, get bombed and don't forget my little gothic girl for my little gothic girl (baby got back...).

Engr-Chas
Lord of the "Meat Wagon"

Personally I like the barbeque and I've got over a hundred bottles of homemade wine in the closet I was just making a point as not everyone in my party is a meat eater, but they aren't complaining. They feel the libations make up for it.. On review that does seem like a wimpy post, but it was late at the time.

Margaritas and mojitos all around. 2 more days and I have to be at work by 7:30 the next morning.

If anyone is interested, I was at the Mansion Saturday and there was still plenty of Ghost Bride pins, so they may still be there Wednesday.

Hi Bonzi,

As a fellow non-drinker I can understand your concern. But just go and have a wonderful time. They gave those Drink tickets to us at the AK event as well. Hubby and I just threw ours away. I think I saw Michele "rooting" through that trash can to find them LOL!!

I don't view your post as wimpy either. Just someone with a concerned view. This is the first pin event I will have missed this year. I hate it, not seeing my firends Michele and everyone. SO I'm counting on them to have loads of fun for me.

Take it easy on Bonzi everyone. We all have our opinions and such. For me, My brother was killed by a drunk driver on Halloween. He was only 25. Then there are my reasons as a Christian as well. But, I still consider myself a fun person, crazy even!! Just ask everyone who went on May cruise!! They can attest to that!! And Michele was my "shot" proxy drinker at Kareoke. Too funny!!

Have a great time everyone!
Winnie

I was referring to my own previous post and for tone, not content. It seemed mild compared to the exhuberence in some. No offense was intended to anyone and I apologise.

Now, lets go have a great Halloween and no pushing at the buffet

:jester:

Hi there "drd",:D

Just wanted you to know, I never did feel you were trying to offend anyone. I just know this can be a touchy subject to some. And wanted Bonzi to know it wasn't meant that way.

I'm sure we all have issues that are sensitive to us. But isn't it great to be friends despite whatever differences we may have.
I know I'm a "prude", but I'm a fun one!!:jester:

Have a fantastic time at the event!

Winnie:) :) :)

PS: Hit the buffet early! We almost missed it at the AK event.

If I remember correctly....
Alcohol is allowed in the Magic Kingdom after park hours only - If you rent the park out (..and who hasn't dreamed of doing that!?) and have a private party (eg. company function or wedding) after hours, you can serve alcohol.

We just got back from 999hhb - the alcohol turned out to be cheap beer and wine - each person got 2 tickets, so you really couldn't get your drink on (well, not for free anyway) and not a lot of people were drinking. So, it didn't look like a whole lot of $$ went into providing alcohol for the party.

The tickets weren't only for alcohol, btw.. -- you had to turn a ticket in if you wanted juice (soda and water were free)

--heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter