Yo HO HO HO a Wonder We Will Go! Finally a TRIP REPORT! Dec 5-9th, 2010

Yes, the moment has arrived…Castaway Cay. Again I woke up before the kids and got the Pirate Themed Magnets on the door.

I woke up early to do some laundry..well of course nothing ever goes according to plan so there wasn’t any detergent in the laundry room..I had to wait like 20minutes for someone to bring something up. So I got the laundry started and figured the clothes wouldn’t be completely dried when it was time to get off.

Chloe got up and I sent her to Beach Blanket Buffet to bring us some food. Specifically the coveted Mickey waffles…well wouldn’t you know she brings like 3 waffles and chocolate syrup?!? 3 waffles no bueno..I could’ve eaten 5 alone…lol

We got off the ship and took some pictures…

it was really cold folks..and we had on swimwear and cover ups. I was a little disappointed but Disney cannot control the weather yet so we just made due.

Miguel wanted to take a picture here:

and here

The tram with Reindeer ears

First order of business: Meet Captain Jack Sparrow...The other pictures miguel wasn't looking at the camera, he didn't like Sparrow which is weird because he had wanted to see pirates???

After we met Captain Jack we headed back to the Family Beach..we bumped into Stitch and just like always joked around with the kids.

Its a little blurred but Chloe Joined in the fun

Then we saw our Pal Mickey!

There’s not much to say about what we did here on the Island because we couldn’t get into the water without turning to ice and even on the sand it was still cold… but Disney, wow, they know how to do it up. The island was beautiful almost looked Make-Believed. The sand was white, the water was clear, the trees perfectly placed.

Here’s a couple of things that I noticed. There are wagons, strollers, and wheelchairs at first two tram stops. The wagons were very helpful in lugging around not only the boys but all the beach toys and stuff I brought that we didn’t need because we didn’t get to play in the sand because the boys were too cold. I did have our double stroller but I left it near our picnic table.

Cookies food was good. I’m sorry for the lack of creativity of describing the foods but like I said I was just surprised on how everything was good. Lol We had mahi mahi, wow, perfectly done. The burgers were tasty, and we just enjoyed the day.

Chloe and her friend just walked the beach while the boys and I enjoyed whatever was going on.

Manuelito taking a siesta

Miguel playing with toys I bought him at Sea Shells:

Waiting for Stitch to come out and dance:

I used video during the Stitch dance. It only lasted about 10-15minutes...I wish it was more like an hour. Not sure why they do short dance parties for the kids.

Here’s something that happened that I was dreading. After Stitch’s dance party, Miguel was in hyper mode. Stitch was walking towards Cookies and Miguel wanted to follow. I said no. And Miguel started walking towards Cookies..So I followed him pulling the wagon. I had Miguel in my sight, but as he turned the corner, he was gone, I said Ok he’s just went around the other corner…no sign of him…I think I lost him for maybe 3 minutes, and if felt like forever, I got a CM to help me, and some folks that heard me started looking, my heart had stopped. I knew he didn’t go to the water, but I was thinking what if he went into the woods, there could be a ditch he could fall in...So as I go back to the area with all the picnic tables under the shelter, I see him come out, laughing, I grabbed him and my legs had started to shake and I started to cry. (mind you, I had ditch the wagon, and grabbed Manuelito and started the search)..SO the group of folks saw that I found him and brought the wagon and I was like thank you but on that note, I’m going back to the ship.

So I relaxed a little and headed towards Sea Shells. We saw Minnie and took some pictures with her.

Took pics with Goofy as well..(I bought a picture from Shutters with Goofy and Miguel walking towards the beach, it is sooo nice)

And then I went into Scuttles Cove but we stood there for maybe 20minutes and Chloe found me there.

Told her lets get on the ship. It was only 3pm but if the weather was warm and we were able to play in the water I think we would’ve been on the ship at 4:31pm.

Boarding wasn't bad

but it sure sucked to be leaving castaway cay.

Fab trip reports(this and the PTR - which I read earlier today from start to finish)
Looking forward to the next installment. popcorn::

We got to our room and the kids were a little tired but they didn’t want to go to sleep!! Why are my kids the only two kids that refuse to take naps during the day!

But it was time to get ready for PIRATE NIGHT!! ARGGG!!! I took the boys a bath in the tub (how smart of Disney to think of tubs for families with toddlers!). After the bath the boys were getting cranky. I got everyone dressed in their costumes and I was finally able to get dressed too. We headed to the atrium to take pictures and as we got into line for Pirate Minnie zzzzzzzzz

So I just said oh well Chloe and I will take pictures…It was kind of awkward to take a picture with a character without my kids.

When we were done with Minnie we went upstairs to stand in line for Captain Jack Sparrow..I took a picture of the atrium the quality is not good but you get the point

and we finally met our guy
DSCN5492-1.jpg
( bought the shutters pictures of Jack and I, it came out better)

after we were done with our pictures we still had some time to burn before I dropped off the boys at the nursery for my dinner with kids night lol…and we saw Pan and Hook having at it…it was funny. Peter called him a codfish!

Then Peter posed for some pics

Chloe wasn’t impressed with him, thought he looked feminine

I agreed but that’s how Peter characters normally look!!

I dropped the boys off and they were both still asleep!! We made our way to Tritons and I loved this mural

This was Pirates Night but we had a Princess and Prince Menu…aye we was not pleased!!! I missed that tidbit!!!

These were the little headscarves they gave us (mine didn’t fit my big head)

By this day I sort of remembered to take pics of the food:

Cheese Souffle (OMG deleesh)

I think these were scallops au gratin

Chloe wasn’t hungry but Wayan brought her something anyways...and I tasted it...it was really good

I think this was lamb

mmmm Beef Wellington

Ordered the trio dessert (Tiramisu, chocolate soufflé, and I think lemon cheesecake)

but this….this was soooo yummy (breadpudding)

After dinner I picked up the boys and Miguel was still tired. So I said lets get in line for Pirate Mickey and try and take a picture at least with their costumes on..

LOL you can see Miguel was like oh please I’m tired..

I didn’t want to push my luck so we went back to the room and though we’d unwind until the party. Of course the boys were fully charged but wanted out of their costumes..

Not the best pic of me but Miguel took this picture and he said ARGGGGG mommy

We got up to the Deck 9. I had the baby in the carrier and just attached the Pooh leash to Miguel. Chloe, She was gone right after dinner lol.

We really enjoyed the Pirate Party. We did not get to the Buffet because Miguel wanted to walk around and play pirate and dance. So I got most of this night on video. I bought Miguel a flashing sword ($10!)…

Miguel dancing

The Pirates (Again sorry for the poor quality but my camera doesn’t do well when I have to zoom in)

Smee was hilarious!!

I have to get a better picture of this next time…Mickey looked to our side of ship at the beginning and after that it was the back of his head

The fireworks were awesome for being out at sea! Miguel enjoyed them. Once that was done we head back inside and I thought we’d just go to the room and watch movies and play.

The baby in his carrier

(I took the phone out because Miguel kept calling everybody)

I ordered room service again, got Miguel the hamburger and I got the chicken wrap again…and we just played around in the room and fell asleep maybe around midnight.

It was a fantastic day.

Hi MommaMouse, I remember how cold it was on Castaway Cay. I think we passed you on the way back to the ship so we could dress warmer and we're from New England, you'd think we'd be use to it.:lmao:Your boys look adorable, love your pic with Jack. Yeah, those bandanas were a bit on the small size. Didn't you just love the view from your verandah? I think I'm spoiled now.:rolleyes1
Linda

Linda you are telling me...I keep checking rates for several cruises..I have a list going of potential cruises and I am booking the cheapest category thinking man its going to suck to not have a verandah..that was the first thing and last thing we did..go outside and take a deep breath...

I am so happy to read your trip report. Your pre trip report was my first encounter with the dis board. I could not believe that other people were as excited about the cruise as I am. I do not cruise until May, but I can't wait. I hope that my family will love it and we will rebook for April 2012.

Your boys are so cute. Chole was a lot of help. Can't wait until my DREAM comes true. I been waiting for this cruise for fifteen years!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

I have been so busy at work!! I am working on the last day of the cruise for the TR :sad1:, so that will be posted this week...and then its on to the oct 29th 7day Magic cruise!!! Unfortunately the Dis Meet thread is dead :( so I doubt there will be any activities going on ..hopefully it'll pick up (if I keep this date).

I am almost wanting to change my mind and go on the Dream, 4day,during the same time in Oct... but I don't know...I really want to do a 7 day but the Fantasy is not going to fit my budget next year..and the Dream 5 day double dip in April 2012 does fit..so its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep flip flopping!!!!!! I haven't officially booked the 10/29...I just got my quote today and will decide before the quote expires...

I will have my cousins (21&over) on board if Chloe is not able to come so they can help me during Dinners/Shows and then they do whatever they want. So right now it is supposedly Me, the boys, and chloe...and my cousin and her boyfriend in their own cabin.

I also wanted to mention I saw Beauty and the Beast Musical...it was awesome. The Beast and Gaston were my favorite characters....

I can't wait to see your report for the last day! :cool1:

Call us crazy but we booked for December again on the Dream. We really wanted to do a 7 night....but we REALLY want to be on the Dream! Too bad Vicki and Chloe won't be sailing together :sad1:

yea you're crazy!!! lol maybe the weather won't be so bad this year in december...

I feel like I want to do the Dream..but the 7 day is pretty cheap priced(disney standards) lol...so I want to take advantage of it..but I don't know I don't know...

So it was the 4th day of the cruise…the day at sea…we woke up early to start the day at the Playhouse Disney dance party in the Promenade Lounge..well there ended up being 3 kids..lol…

Oh, here’s the door for the day:

We made our way to Promenade Lounge and took a few pics while Miguel was dancing with the CM.

The dance party was only 30minutes…too bad..my son was having fun.

We went to the Atrium and took pics with Donald..

and Pluto

After that we went to the Oceaneers Club because Mickey was paying a visit to the kids…Miguel was hilarious…as always he thought the party was for him and was once again “in” the center of attention:

Here’s Miguel running around in the middle of the march

Mickey came over after the kids picked out Mickey Wands..

This was pretty fun..and I felt bad for not bringing Miguel when there were other characters but oh well we got our next cruise where he will always be in the Club..

Group photo:

So soon it was time for my Palo reservation!! I took the boys to the nursery and bolted out of there!!

I took pictures of all the masks..but I’m sure everyone have seen them already…so I went to my table. I bumped into Hanover (disboards) and she was like oh I wish I would’ve known you were dining by yourself, we could’ve ate together…I thought that was nice of her to think that..but I actually like eating by myself..don’t get me wrong..love company…but it was nice to just BE BY MYSELF finally…so after the waiter explained the process..I went and got my plate…

There’s so much stuff on here..so if you get a Palo’s ressie…just eat everything you see…lol

I ordered the frittata

pancakes were yummy

OH here’s my mimosa, I sipped it very very very slowly

Tiramisu and Some chocolate soufflé I think

Chicken Parmesan (sorry I had eaten it)

I was sooo stuffed but it was time to leave and get my boys…the waiter was like don’t rush, stay..and I was like I wish, but I didn’t book another hour for nursery. Lol

So after Palos I walked around the ship and took a few pictures:

I went and got the boys and went to the room…and took some more pics:

Miguel was really tired so we got dressed after he took a nap and walked around the ship…but he fell back asleep in the stroller..so the baby and I just took pics..

oh here’s the internet stations

Look at the skies..

Here’s baby with Uncle Walt

We walked around some more and Miguel just stayed sleeping…so we took more pics..

It was finally time for dinner at Tritons again..and the kids were still asleep…

Here’s what we ate:
Shrimp cocktail

Escargot

Duck confait? (it was very good)

Lobster Pasta (no bueno…this was the only meal that was PLAIN and ordinary..I just ate the lobster)

Filet Mignon

Chloe’s Chicken caeser salad

Crème Brulee and Bread Pudding…Crème Brulee was good but not good enough for me to eat two…I should’ve ordered 3 bread puddings..once again it was delicioso!

We went back to the room and I let the boys unwind. I didn’t feel like seeing the last show I think it was Enchanted dreams or whatever….we were having such a nice relaxing day I didn’t want to force my kids to stay still in the theatre…so we hung out in the room for a bit..ordered room service for Miguel and then made our way to Oceanears Club for another dance party…it was kind of lame to me but Miguel seemed to enjoy it.

Once that was over..I went down to the atrium to wait for the Till We Meet Again show..well it wasn’t a show it was even better…it was a mix and mingle!!!!

Not my favorite Cinderella

Princess Tiana…Miguel was happy to finally see her..he gave her a hug here

Stitch once again

and our Pal Mickey!

Finally a pic with Snow White

A funny thing happened…Goofy was walking up the stairs and fell down the stairs and landed in front of Miguel…I don’t know if he does that every time but Miguel till this day still talks about Goofy falling down the stairs..

It was a great way to end the last day…I was pretty sad but took the boys to the room and wanted to relax in the cabin since I probably won’t be on the Wonder for a very very very very long time. I just wanted to soak everything in. Our bags were already taken and everything was pretty much packed…we ordered room service and they ran out of the coconut cake that was so yummy so I settled for another big island cookie lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter