Yo-Ho Let's go to Europe! June 13, 2015 Northern Europe TR!

pandanasbearz

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone I'm Sunny and welcome to my second trip report. Me, my mum and my sister are embarking on our second Disney cruise adventure! This time to the Baltic sea!

5lto35.jpg

The crew:
Myself: Sunny
DM: Mum
DSis: Sea

About us:
The three of us are from Bangkok, Thailand. I'm currently studying in the UK so I do a lot of travel back and forth between, I love all things Disney. My sister is working in musical theatre as a performer, she was the person who introduced the magic of Disney to me. Then there's our beloved and awesome mum who without her this trip would not be happening, she kind of was against the idea of cruising, but after our first trip in 2013 to the Med. she changed her mind, so here we are going again!

Here's 3 of us with Donald:
2cgja0o.jpg

The trip:
Flights: BKK - CPH arriving on June 12
Pre- cruise hotel: Imperial hotel, Copenhagen

Ship: Disney Magic
Where: Northern Europe (Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm)
Departs: 13 June 2015
Stateroom: 8032

We booked this cruise in March last year on day 1 when the bookings opened for it and I can't believe how fast time flies! We are cruising concierge again and hopefully it'll be as magical and amazing as the last time we went!

I will try and made this a semi-live trip report since the internet on the ship has now become significantly cheaper and will hopefully post at the end of each day we are on the ship.

Not long to wait now!

The plan:

Day 1: June 11
We journey to Copenhagen on this night! Our flight leaves Bangkok at 11.30pm and arrives at Copenhagen on the next day. Flight time is around 11 hours :faint:.

Day 2: June 12
We arrive in Copenhagen really early in the morning and plan to spend the day recovering from the flight and explore the area. The hotel we booked is right in the middle of town by the Tivoli Garden.

Day 3: June 13
Its embarkation day! We might board a little later depending on if my mum wants to do some last minute shopping or not since this is our second time. However I did insist that we reach port before 12.30pm.

Day 4: June 14 - Sea Day
Since it's a sea day, me and my sister will probably walk around the whole ship exploring and more importantly, character hunt!
My mum will probably be relaxing up top at the pools or something....I can never guess what they will be up to! She always seem to be having their own plans.

Day 5: June 15 - Tallinn, Estonia
Ashore: 10.00am
Onboard: 4.45pm

We booked the excursion "Highlights of Tallinn" through Disney which leaves at 10.30am and returns at 2.30pm. We actually didn't know what to expect here as it was actually somewhere we have never heard of until booking this cruise. After a bit of research and tips from the cruise group, we found out that it was actually quite easy to do this port on our own, and we might cancel the excursion last minute if we feel comfortable doing it ourselves.

Day 6: June 16 - St. Petersburg, Russia
Ashore: 8.30am
Onboard: 11.45pm

We booked another excursion through Disney as my mum doesn't feel comfortable going by ourselves in Russia. The excursion we booked was the "Catherine's Palace and Hermitage" and leaves at 8.45am, returning at 5.45pm. We were going to book another excursion for the evening as this would probably be a once in a lifetime trip to Russia and we kind of want to make the most of the day but also have time to relax afterwards, and therefore this excursion strikes a good balance between rest and sightseeing. (We are on vacation after all!)

Day 7: June 17 - Helsinki, Finland
Ashore: 12.00pm
Onboard: 5.45pm

We are doing Helsinki on our own as the ashore time frame is really short, and the ship docks kind of right in the city. A member of our cruise group has very kindly made a map of Helsinki with all the attractions and restaurants in the city. We plan to get into town by some form of public transport, then have some local Nordic food for lunch onshore then do some exploring. (Homework still to be done for this port!)

Day 8: June 18 - Stockholm, Sweden
Ashore: 9.00am
Onboard: 5.45pm

We are doing a half day excursion through Disney, from 9.15am to 1.45pm. Then, we might go back to the ship and relax or do some more exploring ourselves depending on what we feel like, so I just left it open to see how we feel when we get there.

Day 9: June 19 - Sea day
It's our last at on the ship! :sad1: But, we do have Palo brunch booked for today which probably would make us feel a little happier I guess. Then its on to the dreaded packing.

Day 10: June 20 - Debarkation day
Such a sad thing to even think about, but all good things comes to an end...But, there's always a next time :thumbsup2.
Our flight departs at 2.45pm from Copenhagen airport straight to Bangkok, so I guess its straight to the airport from the cruise terminal.

There's our (Very laid back) plans for this trip! What do you guys think?

Hi Sunny! Following along! Can't wait to hear about your trip! And concierge too...lucky! We loved the Magic! We just got back from our May 10-15th cruise and it was amazing. I'm writing a TR as well. BTW, I would love to go to Thailand in the future. It looks like an incredible place.

Your cruise plans look great! We enjoyed Palo brunch and thought it was best experienced on an At Sea day!

I’m so excited to follow along because I’m on the same cruise! I can’t wait to follow along with your trip report and I’ll be starting mine soon as well. I can’t believe we have only two weeks!

Only 1 more week to go until we're on the ship!

Just an update for you all. University exams are done it's finally summer for me! I've flown back from England and have been back in Thailand for almost a week now, and finally got our FE stuff sorted for the cruise today!
I feel like we did such little planning this time, compared to the Med. cruise we did 2 years ago. We're still considering doing Tallinn on our own and still doing research on Helsinki. Yikes! Talk about being disorganised.

5 days to go until we leave!

We made it to Copenhagen! We're just walking around and exploring the city. Planning on also doing the Tivoli gardens.

I will upload the pictures tonight when I get access to wifi at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter