YOAMD - Anyone else looking forward to it ending?

I like the one with parents looking at the computer at night where the wife says "$1,600 for all of us - We can do that!"

They should add a disclaimer like car commercials do:

"Flight, food, souveniers, transportation extra."

Yeah, $1600 for all of us would get us to Orlando with enough left over to buy some Mr. Noodles for the week and maybe enough to get a tent to sleep in just outside WDW! We'll have to jump the fence each day for admission!

I like the one with parents looking at the computer at night where the wife says "$1,600 for all of us - We can do that!"

Funny, I was talking to friend about this this morning. Sure you can it for that amount. But plan on walking to the World!

Oh yeah my DH LOVEs that commercial. I can't wait for them to end so my DH can stop teasing me about how much more $$$ we are spending. Everytime it comes on he has to yell at the tv $1600 my butt. Of course he is half kidding.

Next month will be our thrid trip since this promotion started and I'm not banking on us winning a darn thing, we would go regardless if this promotion was on or not. Having said that I think it would sting a little if the family in front or behind us and we were left empty handed. But my family is the kind that makes jokes about that kind of thing happening to us so while we would be dissappointed we would have more fun making fun of the situation and everyone involved that we would soon get over it and continue with our "Magical Vacation".

T.

Ps.- I do however like to tease my girls by saying they have to walk around smiling and giggling and walk around linking arm and arm with us so that we look like the perfect American family. Saying for them to look cute no matter what DARN IT! That cracks my 9yr old up.

It's funny.. the first time I went during this promotion ... I looked for the Dream Team folks around.. and I saw them 'around' but I wasn't selected to win anything.

The next two times I went after that.. I never even thought about it. I still saw people winning or people with the Dream FP's.. but didn't think twice about it.

:confused3

Knox

My DH makes fun of that one. He says "$16,000 for all of us - We can do that!" It's only the two of us. My DD isn't old enough yet. hehe

We have one more upcoming trip in July so there's still a miniscule amount of hope!! ;) I'm still sending in my postcards!! DD wants the theme music from YOAMD for her wedding. Hopefully I won't be tired of it by then!! :)

Maybe I'm just bitter having been in the parks for 31 days of this promotion and still not getting a "dream".

For me, that would be a dream in itself. I'll be there for four days of the promotion, and it'll be magical whether I win fast passes or not.

I've seen the dream squad a couple of times but have not yet recieved any. However, I don't go with any expectations of getting one. I am just happy that I received a dream discount and can afford to be able to go this year. :cool1:

OT
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:
Hi Minnierocks, disneymyway & kristimc from Brimfield, OH.

It's in Portage County...so we are in between Akron and Youngstown...
It's the home of the Portage County Fair! :cool1:
I guess you've got to be known for something! :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh! How stupid I am. I still have to look on the map - I don't know it!!! Anyway, hi! There are a lot of us around here today!!!:banana:

Oh my gosh! How stupid I am. I still have to look on the map - I don't know it!!! Anyway, hi! There are a lot of us around here today!!!:banana:

That's funny...but trust me, there are lots who wouldn't have a clue where we are! My son thinks we live in the middle of nowhere! Of course, I like it that way :goodvibes
My husband works in Twinsburg...and we are about 40 minutes southeast of that...below Ravenna...
I love these boards...what else are you going to do on a cold day in northeast Ohio? :surfweb:
Have a great day!!!

I'm only being half serious.;)

We actually had quite a few laughs in December when we were there over not winning anything. Not bitter laughs - Honest to goodness laughs. We're convinced we've been blacklisted.

It's because they found out you had so much fun at Universal.

I am looking forward to it ending because it just seems kind of "made up," like they couldn't think of anything else to celebrate.

At this point I could care less if the promotion continues or not. I've been down twice since it began and have only seen the Dream Squad once in both trips. We'll be down again in October and if we win great, if not no problem, I'll just be happy to celebrate five wonderful years of marriage to DH.

I think the people who expect to get something are just...well I don't know...grouchy. When I was there last year the family right behind us on Haunted Mansion got something (we didn't hang around to find out) and we saw quite a few of the CM "nannies" hanging around. i would have loved the fastpasses, or the night in the castle, or many of the other cool things, but I never truly expect to get one. i love this promotion. if you do win, it makes the trip extra special. If you don't, you still have an awesome time! Granted year of a million dreams needs to change, but how many years did Walt's birthday go on for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter