Yoghurt on Tour - day six, IoA

daveyoghurt

Mouseketeer
With Ophelia still affecting the weather over Orlando, the weather channel said 60% chance of rain today, we decided to risk Islands of Adventure - we got the i-ride and got off at Wet 'n' Wild and walked up Universal Boulevard. We stashed our camcorder and bags as you don't want any unnecessary hand luggage in this park. Straight on to the Hulk, riding on the front and back to gauge the best ride - front row won out on this ride, it's awesome at the start of the ride. Even though we were early, the park was practically empty so we walked straight on to Dr Doom's Fearfall (which usually has long waiting times) and as I turned to wind Matt up, he wasn't there! Matt had broken the pre-holiday agreement of not wussing out on any rides, believe me, I didn't let him live that down.

Next up was Spiderman, and this ride received the accolade of being Karen's official favourite and so we went on three successive times (there's nothing like over-egging the pudding)! Karen declined the opportunity to have her photo taken with Spidey as we came out, stating that the suit made him look like a "walking groin"! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Though Matt and myself were desperate to get on the Ripsaw Falls we had to endure 20 minutes in the Betty Boop shop, there's only too many times you can say "Yes, that looks nice" before your feigned interest gets rumbled! A clip round the ear later, we were on our ride and thoroughly soaked, (I love the crossing and double crossing signs on this ride) and decided that the only thing to follow a soaking with is, yes, that's right, another soaking - so onto the Bilge Rats ride.

To finish the water trilogy, we did Jurassic Park and the seating arrangements were such that I got the full force of the tidal wave and was totally drenched (good chance I had took notice of the 60% chance of rain this morning and had my Leeds shirt on - I was dry two minutes later). Duelling Dragons followed and we all agreed that the Fire dragon was better than Ice - there seemed to be more 'flips' and we were all laughing when we came off, good fun. We then re-discovered our childhood on the Cat in the Hat ride and did a little shopping for Universal goodies.

Tea time came around so we headed off to Hard Rock, it was burgers all round, Americana, BBQ and a Blue Cheese and in honour of TS Ophelia, a couple of hurricane cocktails to wash them down and we took the glasses home as trophies. Karen bought some hard rock shorts and a t-shirts and headed off to the toilets to put them straight on whilst I mulled over buying some Hard Rock drumsticks before declining, realising that I would have to then buy some drums to hit. As we came out the rain was really throwing it down so we retired to our rooms and tested out the glasses with some tequila, rum and vodka cocktails - a great end to a thoroughly enjoyable day!

IOA is also a great park - I don't think there is any way at all of avoiding getting drenched on the Ripsaw Falls and Bilge Rat Barges. If anyone knows different, please feel free to share :rotfl:

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

We wore ponshoes when time on Dudley and got wetter than we did without wearing them :confused3

IoA must be the wettest park in Orlando, ideal though in the hot humid weather of July.

Thanks for posting. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter