Yoghurt on tour - pre trip & Radisson

daveyoghurt

Mouseketeer
Members of the Squad for the Florida Tour: Myself (daveyoghurt), organiser, fountain of knowledge (read smartarse) and occasional grouch, my partner Karen (aka gaffer, dispenser of justice, occasional voice of reason, purse strings controller) and son Matt (alleged coaster king - no real evidence provided to back up claims).

We're off to the Sheraton World Resort for three weeks, flying with Virgin - it's my third trip to Orlando, with a successful previous trip with Virgin and a less successful trip with TCD (just last year). We did upgrade our rooms to Tower rooms at the Sheraton prior to travelling as a result of some of the comments I read on both these boards and tripadvisor, we also changed our tickets to include Busch Gardens - Virgin were extremely helpful and I had no issues with their customer service.

Karen has never been to Florida before, though before I met her, she had saved up for two years to enable Matt to go with some close family friends of hers in 2003 - therefore my main objective is for Karen to enjoy the holiday as much as possible and enjoy both the Florida AND Disney experience - it's the first time for five years she's been on holiday. It's been a busy year for both of us with promotions at work and a greatly increased workload - with no days off since January, I'm sure you'll agree this trip is well-deserved! :goodvibes

Today is Thursday, 31st August and the pre-holiday essentials are in full progress, blade one back and sides for the boys at Gaz the barbers - 10 mins, Karen session at local hair and nail boutique - 4 hours. :confused3

Suitcases were packed the previous evening, though with the amount we're taking, we might as well pack our stuff in Tesco carrier bags! And so after a last minute flurry of calls, text messages and general abuse from jealous friends/relatives, the taxi to Manchester Airport arrives in good time. The trip over the Pennies from Gods Country Yorkshire to Lancashire is uneventful given the horrendous downpour and we arrive at the Radisson at about 8.00pm. We check into the family room and are really impressed, it's massive, and starts the holiday off in exactly the right way - especially when Karen pulls out a bottle of Bollinger! :drinking1

We kick off our holiday drinking champers and watching the planes taking off right in front of our window before getting a call from one of my good mates, Munson. He too is off to Orlando tomorrow, he's travelling with TCD with one of his mates and we celebrate our good fortune together before we depart to our rooms - we agree to ring a couple of days into the holiday to meet up.

It's fairly difficult to drift off to sleep as the excitement levels are so high, so I reflect on all the overtime, hard work and graft that have allowed me to doze off in a lovely hotel room with the prospect of three weeks in Florida and promise myself that this is the last time I'll think of work! :banana:

Next: Virgin, the Wolf and the Tower!

Dave this is really good. Can't wait to hear the rest. I really hope Karen enjoys it as much as we all do.

Susan

Champagne at the Radisson! Looks like your holiday is off to a flying start! :teeth:

:flower:

Jodie

Dave enjoyed the start of your trip

daveyoghurt said:
blade one back and sides for the boys at Gaz the barbers - 10 mins, Karen session at local hair and nail boutique - 4 hours. :confused3

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Looking forward to tomorrow :)

Reid

:) Sounds like you got off to the best start looking forward to reading the rest.

Good start Dave now where is the rest??? Hope Karen enjoys it as much as the rest of you and admire her on her choice of champers (Bolly darling - how fabulous) you thoroughly deserve a good hols so post soon.

Now that is a perfect way to start a holiday CHAMPERS!!! :sunny:

ttfn
Sharon

ely3857 said:
Champagne at the Radisson! Looks like your holiday is off to a flying start!

Now that is the way to start a holiday in my opinion, great start to your trip report Dave :)

Great start Dave - looking forward to the rest. Hope you enjoyed your well-deserved trip :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter