York Help!

Goofyish

DIS Veteran
We are off to York on Sunday for a few days. We are staying at a Holiday Inn Express on the East side of York on the Malton Road.

We are looking for somewhere to eat on Sunday night. We don't really want to go back into York centre and the Toby Carvery next door to the hotel does not take reservations, so if we eat there on a busy Sunday night we will be in for a long wait!

Does anyone know this area and recommend a place to eat suitable for DW and I and our 12 yo DD? Doesn't need to be English cuisine, Indian or Chinese would be OK.

Cheers :)

Honestly, the only place I know of is Whetherspoons which is opposite the train station. There's lots and lots of cafes and family friendly pubs dotted baout the place though, you'll be fine.

We spent 4 years living in York and absolutley hated it - but that's another story.

Anyway, the one thing I miss out York are the Jinnah Indian Restaurants. Their Afghani Lamb is to die for - just don't get it on your clothes as it stains like no other substance known to mankind. The restaurants (there are a few around York) are excellent - or at least they were 5 years ago when I last visited. Looking at the website the company has grown and I don't think this would happen if they were providing a bad service.

If I was going back to York, not that I would ever willlingly want to!, I'd goto a Jinnah :)

indian food.. try the agbar on the A64 towards Leeds excellent food and very good value

You don,t need to book-We was there last Saturday-Carvery £6.25 superb. The pub is called the Hopgrove-10YARDS from your hotel-Just walk in, get a drink and they will give you a shout when a table is available. Also an opotion of eating a bar meal in the pub-Kids welcome. The indian mentioned is good, but it is 10 miles out of York in middle of nowhere, the rest of the chain are in the city centre-10 mins drive from your digs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter