You are going to LOVE this!!!

wils

<font color=ff6633>Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on h
DH was out of the office at a meeting today and he met a bloke who is sees now and then who told him that he is off to Florida in a few weeks.

He is planning to do Cape Kennedy and the beach but no Disney (as it is too stressful (queues, weather)

Fair enough - each to their own :confused3 and I do appreciate that there is a world outside 'The World'

But...

...They have decided not to tell their 6 year old daughter that they are not doing any Disney parks and only tell her if she notices.

Any chance of her not noticing do you think?! :rolleyes:

Not with the huge billboards advertising Disney everywhere! :rotfl2: Poor kid will be scarred for life!

No Disney :rolleyes: 6 year old girl is certainly going to enjoy Kennedy Space Centre more than seeing Mickey and the gang :guilty:

How can they go with a 6 year old without doing at least a couple of day's at disney.Of course if they go every year you might be able to understand it. :confused3

That's so selfish. My conscience would never let me do that to a child even if I hated Disney which, of course, I don't or I wouldn't be addicted to the Dis and planning for our hols.

Poor thing

& when she gets home everyone will be asking about Mickey, rides etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't really understand why anyone would go to Orlando and not do the parks, but Florida is huge and there must be plenty of people who visit and don't go anywhere near Orlando.

Asked DH and they have only been once before - a couple of years ago. I asked DH what he said in reply (I hate to think what I'd have said!) but apparently there was another guy there who was agreeing how stressful Disney World was :confused3

I think that they were hoping to spend most of the trip at the beach - now I haven't been to the coast so I can't judge but are the beaches worth going all that way (just) for?

umm.. I am sure they could just spend a few days, you don't have to make it stressful if you don't plan to do everything, and anyway they will get to relax on the beach afterwards...

we were discussing if we should go to DL when we are in California as it will be very busy while we are there, however we decided to go for 2 days and not rush about. Just have a look at the park and maybe go on a few rides and in the evening I am going to plan a character meal and than go to dtd.

If we don't go in the mind of I must do this and that than I think it will be fine.

The way I see it is that it is my daughters holiday too and I'd feel mean dragging her 11 hours on a plan just to do what the adults want to do :)

She has seen the brochures and KNOWS that they is a Disney there.

My Brother-in-Law went with his girlfriend to Las Vegas and Orlando in February. They did Discovery Cove, Universal but didn't do Disney. I was mortified, especially as he proposed whilst on holiday. He did it at the bar of TGI Fridays!!!!! It would have been so romantic in front of the castle :sad2:

Wow! how cruel - why doesn't he just take her to the opening ceremony at MK and say 'there you go love, you've seen the characters, lets go!' :rotfl2:

Minniespal said:
No Disney :rolleyes: 6 year old girl is certainly going to enjoy Kennedy Space Centre more than seeing Mickey and the gang :guilty:
My two boys aged 13 and 9 found kennedy boring - so theres no hope for this little girl!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter