You Big Fatty! Pre-Trip report

Well then...

On Wednesday 1st August we return from Universal Studios and go back to Disney. That evening we are eating at House of Blues. We've eaten here a couple of times before and really enjoyed it.

The next day we are due to do some shopping and we have no meals booked. I suspect we may pick up some counter service meals on that day.

On Friday 3rd August we are breakfasting at Kona Cafe. Although we have been to Kona Cafe for dinner we've never had breakfast here (we're having a break from Ohana breakfast this year). We are very much looking forward to it...

And in the evening of this day Simon and I are off to romantically dine at......

VICTORIA AND ALBERT'S!!!pixiedust:

Can't wait for this.

The following day (Saturday 4th August) we are in Hollywood Studios again and going to an old favourite of ours - Sci-fi Dine in Theater.

Here are some pics from our last visit:

DSCF2878.jpg

DSCF2879.jpg

DSCF2880.jpg

DSCF2881.jpg

DSCF2882.jpg

DSCF2877.jpg

DSCF2875.jpg

No fair, Shari!
I am about to go to bed and I get hungry reading about all your food options. :rotfl2:
Sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup2

Are you planning to try the Tonga Toast Shari? I would recommend sharing if you can, I loved it but found it was most definitely sugar overload - I felt like this :banana: for the rest of the day.

Holy cow, three weeks! Now THAT is a vacation! I'm hopping aboard for this, I love the variety in your ADRs! :thumbsup2 And I'm excited to read about Paradiso 37, not many folks seem to eat there! DH and I held a pre-wedding celebration dinner there in 2010 and LOVED it, but we haven't been back, I'm curious to see how it's held up!

And my DH will be very excited to read a V&A review...he's hellbent on convincing me to try it someday! :laughing:

Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

I want every little detail about V&A Shari :goodvibes

Not long now :banana:

I know! Can't quite believe we'll be there this time next week! And so very excited about V&A. It'll be like no other dining experience I think!

Are you planning to try the Tonga Toast Shari? I would recommend sharing if you can, I loved it but found it was most definitely sugar overload - I felt like this :banana: for the rest of the day.

I've seen so much about the Tonga Toast Joh, but I'm not sure it's for me. I don't have a huge sweet tooth and that looks like a whole hunk of sweet!!! I'm leaning towards the pancakes at Kona breakfast. Of course, I'll probably get there though and completely change my mind!!

Holy cow, three weeks! Now THAT is a vacation! I'm hopping aboard for this, I love the variety in your ADRs! :thumbsup2 And I'm excited to read about Paradiso 37, not many folks seem to eat there! DH and I held a pre-wedding celebration dinner there in 2010 and LOVED it, but we haven't been back, I'm curious to see how it's held up!

And my DH will be very excited to read a V&A review...he's hellbent on convincing me to try it someday! :laughing:

Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for reading :) We are looking forward to Paradiso 37 so much - especially as it's our first meal!

It's so fun reading your past reviews of places you're returning to - the pic that got to me most was the fried wontons at Yak and Yeti. Haven't had it in 2 years, but you're right - it's great! :goodvibes

It's so fun reading your past reviews of places you're returning to - the pic that got to me most was the fried wontons at Yak and Yeti. Haven't had it in 2 years, but you're right - it's great! :goodvibes

The fried wontons were my favourite dessert in WDW in 2010 - I'm definitely having them again! :lovestruc

Shari, try the Samoan if you like that sort of thing at Kona! It's just heavenly. :thumbsup2

Ooh yes Karin, I have been eyeing up the Samoan - it looks just my kind of breakfast! :thumbsup2

So - today I finished work! Yipee!!!:banana: School's out for summer!:yay:

Anyhoo:

On Sunday 5th we are eating at another new place - Kouzzina! :)

Monday 6th August - Simon and Sarah are hot footing it to Kennedy Space Center so Kate and I will be seeing what we feel like eating on the day.

Tuesday 7th August - another new restaurant - The Wave.

On Wednesday 9th August we are returning to an old favourite - The Flying Fish :lovestruc This is a particular fave of Kate's.

Here are some pics from last time when Kate and I had some Mum and daughter time at FF:

DSCF3316.jpg

DSCF3317.jpg

DSCF3313.jpg

DSCF3312.jpg

DSCF3315.jpg

DSCF3318.jpg

DSCF3319.jpg

DSCF3320.jpg

DSCF3322.jpg

DSCF3324.jpg

Can't wait to go again - this time all four of us!:cloud9:

You're flying fish meal looks wonderful!! Did it taste as good as it looked?

The cheese plate looks awesome. I love softer cheeses and they all look soft!! Wo-Hoo!!

I hope you enjoy The Wave! I've eaten a bunch of meals there, and although my experiences have varied, the food is often unique and delicious. :goodvibes

And I'm looking forward to seeing a more recent review of Flying Fish. :thumbsup2

You're flying fish meal looks wonderful!! Did it taste as good as it looked?

The cheese plate looks awesome. I love softer cheeses and they all look soft!! Wo-Hoo!!

It was all delicious! And the cheeses were fantastic - best cheese plate we had.

I hope you enjoy The Wave! I've eaten a bunch of meals there, and although my experiences have varied, the food is often unique and delicious. :goodvibes

And I'm looking forward to seeing a more recent review of Flying Fish. :thumbsup2

Thanks - looking forward to The Wave very much :)

We have eaten at all your choices, Shari and LOVED them all.

Kouzzina has nice greek food - try the sampler, or the fisherman's stew, and if you are VERY hungry, try the whole fish. ;)
Save room for dessert at the Wave ..... you get three little desserts and they are really nice.
Flying Fish was wonderful, but you know that. :lmao:

I can't believe how close you are to your trip! :woohoo:

Yeah! you can't beat that 'I've finished work' feeling when you are about to head to WDW :cool1:

Not long now !!!

We have eaten at all your choices, Shari and LOVED them all.

Kouzzina has nice greek food - try the sampler, or the fisherman's stew, and if you are VERY hungry, try the whole fish. ;)
Save room for dessert at the Wave ..... you get three little desserts and they are really nice.
Flying Fish was wonderful, but you know that. :lmao:

I can't believe how close you are to your trip! :woohoo:

I do like the look of the sampler at Kouzzina Karin - I think Simon fancies it too. And I am definitely going to try the little desserts at The Wave :)

Is there anywhere you haven't eaten yet that you would like to try?

Yeah! you can't beat that 'I've finished work' feeling when you are about to head to WDW :cool1:

Not long now !!!

Mountains of washing await me! Simon finishes work today and then we are into a packing frenzy!

I thought I would post a couple of more up to date photos of us:

Me and my gals (yes, I have more hair now...I think we all do!):

YeadonJune2012012.jpg

And the four of us out for a family meal (we call it 'training for WDW') for Kate's 16th birthday (along with Sarah's lovely boyfriend David):

IndianRose008.jpg

What a beautiful photo of you and your girls! "Training for WDW" photo - that's great!! How nice to be free for the summer. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to your Kouzzina and The Wave reviews.

Happy packing!

What a beautiful photo! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing.

We have been through all the desserts at the Wave, but I think they have tweaked them a bit lately. I will have to see first hand in mid August. ;)

Kouzzina has a lot of yum yum options! :thumbsup2 Be prepared ... it's LOUD in there. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter