You decide about my weekend ... madness is taking it`s toll...

megaelch

European Outpost
I think i really need a break from pintrading after the WDW trip....

I just received the mail from DL Paris with their new releases for september and Stitch fall ( from the sesasons set ) will be released this saturday september 4th .

We live in munich / germany about 500 miles away from Paris and will fly out to Orlando on monday september 6th for our WDW and beach vacation ( in real life it is just a pintrading trip .. evilgrin)

So now i am trying to find out how to go to Paris on saturday morning and return saturday afternoon to be able to get the stitch pin without driving 16 hours or spending a fortune on airline tickets.. mail is not an option due to our departure monday morning ...

So am i insane or is it the "normal" pin madness ??

What should i do and is it worth the efforts ??? I could be the only person in Florida with the new Paris pin !!!
Only "serious" comments are welcome .. if you understand what i mean :-))))))

Stephan

Stephan, we all share the madness!

Only a pin trader could look back with fondness at staying out all night (in the parking lot for the MGM event) to get pins. Good luck no matter what you decide to do!

Suzi

This is normal pin madness. Nothing more my friend.

I have confidence in you my friend, you will give into the madness and figure out a way to be the only one in WDW with the 9/4 Paris pins and the envy of all the pin traders in FL.

So Stephan....did you decide how to swing a Stitch buying trip? What is the status on your WDW trip? I know they are closing the Orlando Airport to incoming traffic at Noon on Friday. Would assume they will open again on Monday...

Let us know!

The stitch buying trip is a no go , because i have to stay flexible with my travel plans to Orlando .... well it is only a pin .. ( Did I say that ??? )

I did make nothing than phone calls yesterday and right now it looks like we will try to go on monday.. will arrive in Orlando on monday late evening , if the forcasts stay like this we will have a buffer to let MCO reopen, if anything changes i am allowed to rebook by USAirways, Hertz and Disney .... can decide what to do until sunday !!!

I wish all of you good luck and remember to be safe in first place ... everything else can be replaced !!!

See you all next week .. sooner or later ...

Stephan

Stephan,

I can totally sympathize! When I decide I want/need to make something happen, I will go to insane lengths to accomplish it! Well, I used to............now that I am getting older, I find that I'm much more willing to give up the quest, in exchange for more rest at home! But you are still young, and are still up for a "madness" adventure!

In any case, this time you probably made the right decision because of the weather and and your more important flight out!

Besides, who needs Stitch? I am looking for the 2 recent Jiminy Crickets and a couple of the tinks (back to school?). I have actually turned down some trades hoping you would have them to trade!!

Look for an update to our pin ambassador project on the thread I
started originally, and will try to get you any info you need before your flight leaves monday.

If I had to choose between --

A. Stephan bedraggled & broken, but with DLRP Stitch pins

OR

B. Stephan arriving in good health & cheer, but without DLRP Stitch pins

I woud have to go with option <b>B.</b> ::yes::

Stay safe.

Hope to see you next week! :wave:

The airport is closed, and we would hope it would be open by Mon...but now that the storm has soooo slowed down, it makes it later making landfall, and pushes up all the time lines...if it doesn't get to us by Sun night...we can only hope it will be far enough away so that the airport can re open..but it is taking 24 or more to clear us so that is pretty tight......the good thing is that the airlines have announced that they will change any flights w/o penalty..

Stephan,
Go to Paris. Imagine how great those Stitch pins will be at the event. You will be the hot commodity.
I remember once when my son was in love with the PENN Penquins hockey team and wanted one of their jerseys for his warm up jersey. We couldn't find one around here in CT and I could only find the players official ones for $400 and up on line.
So we hopped into the car and took a drive. Through NY, Through NJ, into PA for a jersey.
Collectors are crazy people.
Wonder if he still has that jersey? Peggie

I am crying the whole morning.. poor Stitch .. sitting in the cold and lonely Paris park without me .....poor guy ...

Ruthie about your pins :

1st Jiminy..... have it
2nd Jiminy ... have it
Back to school set tink .. have it .... wanna trade ????

You are lucky i traded for them last week in Paris just in case their would be a Jiminy collector ...

Make sure to find me at the event !!!

USAirways has cancelled monday morning flights to MCO already.. keeping the fingers crossed for the monday evening flights !!

THanks for all good wishes and appreciate all help !!!

Stephan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter