You guys are the best!

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
A little over four years ago, DW and I began thinking about DVC and whether it made sense for us. I stumbled across the DIS DVC Board and found a wealth of information and many people who selflessly shared their knowledge, insights and opinions as we made our way through the decision process.

After joining DVC, I promised myself that I would try to repay some of that kindness in a “pass it forward” kind of way….providing some information for others who are seeking answers to DVC questions. Hopefully I’ve been able to do that in a fair and honest way, trying to provide my responses and opinions without disparaging others’ opinions.

Due to a change in my work, I won’t be able to post much on this board anymore. Right now, we are also working hard to keep from having to sell our DVC contracts. I think we will be going into the point renting mode for a couple of years to get us through a tough stretch. Hopefully it won’t come to selling completely, but we know that DVC is a luxury and if push comes to shove, we will reluctantly part with it.

I wanted to make this post to thank all of your for your knowledge, opinions and insight into all things DVC. Many of you were frequent posters when I joined this board and continue to share your wisdom with veterans and newcomers alike. I don’t want to get into calling out any names, as I will certainly forget to include some. Suffice it to say that many of you have become cyber-friends and your personalities shine through even your most fact-based responses to various inquiries.

I hesitated to post this thread, since it may be construed to be a self-serving, ego based post just to invite others’ sympathies and farewells. Believe me, we are fine and will work through our situation. But I just didn’t want to fade away without at least acknowledging the fine people here, and how much I will miss you all.

I’m hoping that the moderators will keep this on the DVC Planning board and not move it to the Community Board where I have rarely, if ever, posted. I understand that this board is not a forum for this type of message, but I am hoping that it will remain here and be allowed to fade away quickly on its own. In the end, I respect and accept whatever decision they make.

So once again, I thank each of you for sharing so freely with everyone. Be good to each other, and hopefully someday I’ll return with another trip report! Until then, see you on the DVC Rental Board!

Best wishes for all of you,

Tom “Granny” :)

And yes...I am a guy! :earboy2:

Best of luck, Granny. I'm one of the ones who benefited when you "paid it forward." Thanks.

Hope your rough period smooths out quickly.

Kelley

Your name has been a familiar one to me since I joined these boards - and I'll definitely miss seeing it!! All the very best to you and your family. :)

Granny,
Thanks to you for all the tips and information since I joined. I will miss seeing your posts and the familiar tag line - "And yes...I am a guy!"
Hope your rough times smooth out quickly and look forward to seeing you back on this board.
Best of luck to you and your family.

know the feeling well.

I am also having to rent out my DVC.

don't rent here.

go over and rent on redweek.com.

you can ask for more money there.

there is a fee for joining and for everytime you place an ad.

so placing one ad is the best deal for you - not them - so they hint that it will be a problem renting points (it is not) and that you should make a reservation (not needed) to get the best value from your points.

I use www.skyauction.com and my RCI sa to get to Orlando.

I still stay in a studio at OKW - but until the financial news is better - 1-bedroom are out.

kept posting!!!

just because you are having temporary problems doesn't mean your wisdom and knowledge aren't still needed.

will miss you if you leave. Besides I need you to help defend VWL!!!

Good luck, Granny. We'll miss you, but I udnerstand completely. You can still plan to pop in once in awhile, can't you? Hope you find the times ahead to be looking rosey soon.

Granny, it's been great getting to know you here in cyber-space! Drop back in whenever you can!

Best wishes,
Joe

Granny,
Thank you so much for posting and we wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.

You will be missed and I hope you will check in on us from time to time.

Crystal

Best of Luck and Wishes.

You have always been fair, honest, thoughtful, and funny.

Hope to "see" you real soon!

Been kind of wondering why you haven't been around much lately - thanks for posting and letting us know.

Hope the new job works out and that you'll stillb e able to check in once and awhile.

I for one will miss you - liked reading your posts/take on things.

Best wishes -

Thank you Granny for all your input. Please stop by here. Best of luck to you and your loved ones and hope everything works out.

Thanks for all the help you've given (and for posting a 'Goodbye'!)

We will miss you! :grouphug:

Come back every once in a while and let us know..... how your trip planning/renting is going! (and how your doing as well!)

Sorry to hear about the problems right now. I'm going to miss your VWL adoration as that is our favorite of all the DVC's.

My husband and I have been on our jobs for many years and have a lot of vacation time built up. But, if we had to start over, we would do it and sell the DVC if it came down to it. (Maybe have to keep a small contract, though, just to have something of it left). I hope everything works out for you.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Granny, sorry to hear of the rough times. Hopefully the renting will work out for you for now. Thanks for keeping us posted, and not just "going" away. Please post occassionally to let us know how things are going. Best of luck to you and your family. I always enjoy your posts. :)

Although I haven't been posting much on the DVC boards anymore, I too have enjoyed your posts and honesty. I hope everything works out for you.:goodvibes

WDW LifeLong Fan said:
Best of Luck and Wishes.

You have always been fair, honest, thoughtful, and funny.

Hope to "see" you real soon!

I so agree with this post and Carol's too. Well, really everyone's.

You have been a positive and informative member and I've missed your posts. I hope all works out well for your family. I'm sure it will in the end. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter