You know you're a Nerd when...

bsbkmacgowan

<font color="red">Brian's driving while Sandy's po
you're posting a new thread to a forum while you're driving your NerdMobile through a carwash.

Sandy (and Brian, Bonnie and Kellie)

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

oh, by the way, Brian's driving... I'm the one posting...:smooth:

I imagine a few other folks do this, but talked with a company called NetMotion that make software to manage your connection as you drift from 2.5G to 802.11 hotspots to hard wire. It makes you think you are always connected as it determines what access is available.

You could start your post at a Starbucks, get the car washed and continue, and finish at home. That is pretty nerdie!

-Chuck

Well, Brian wanted to post that we have a very long ethernet cable, but...

In actuallity, we have a Sierra Wireless "air card" for Brian's business which uses "an advanced form of cellular technology" (his wording - not mine!) ;) that gets inserted into the PC card slot of our laptop. So, while we're driving around the hinterlands of Toronto (or "oot and aboot", as everyone thinks all Canucks say ;)) we can be connected to the 'net. Officially, he uses it to keep up with calls coming in to the Nerds On Site job hopper - that's how he picks up most of his service calls since he's really just starting out as a Nerd (he's been with Nerds since the beginning of February or so.) Unofficially, we also have a lot of fun playing with it when we're all toolin' around in the NerdMobile! :smooth:

Oh, and yes... I posted this while we're zippin' around in Little Red... :teeth: ... I couldn't resist!

That's about it, I guess!

Sandy (and Brian, Bonnie & Kellie, too!) :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

No, you know you're a nerd when you're checking & posting on the disboards from your cell phone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter