Young kids... should we go?

casper_jj11

DIS Veteran
We've been to WDW a few times now and LOVE it! This trip, we're staying much longer (14 days) and we/d like to try some things outside the world. We planned to do Seaworld, Busch Gardens and US/IOA but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do US/IOA now or whether we should wait til the kiddos are older. DS is 5 and not really adventurous. He loves Splash and the raceway at epcot but doesnt like big thunder mtn, soarin, or anything circular with heights like alladin, triceratops spin, or even peter pan. We're also travelling with dd2 and ds11months. Should we do it on another trip and just take an extra day at WDW or should we go? If we go, how long is realistic to expect to be there? We're at the gates at park opening at WDW... I assume we should do the same but I've read about late openings for toddler things... we'll be there 3rd wk in August... how do I find out opening times of specific attractions for US?

Thanks!
Joanne

We've been to WDW a few times now and LOVE it! This trip, we're staying much longer (14 days) and we/d like to try some things outside the world. We planned to do Seaworld, Busch Gardens and US/IOA but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do US/IOA now or whether we should wait til the kiddos are older. DS is 5 and not really adventurous. He loves Splash and the raceway at epcot but doesnt like big thunder mtn, soarin, or anything circular with heights like alladin, triceratops spin, or even peter pan. We're also travelling with dd2 and ds11months. Should we do it on another trip and just take an extra day at WDW or should we go? If we go, how long is realistic to expect to be there? We're at the gates at park opening at WDW... I assume we should do the same but I've read about late openings for toddler things... we'll be there 3rd wk in August... how do I find out opening times of specific attractions for US?
Check out this link for kids entertainment at Universal and see if it answers your questions. http://www.universalorlando.com/prs_fun_w_kids.html

I think the kids would have a great time at Seuss Landing and the Woody Woodpecker kids area.

We were there with my niece last summer and she's 3.5. She had a great time! She loved Seuss's Landing and Fievel's Playground.

I think the kids would have a great time at Seuss Landing and the Woody Woodpecker kids area.
I agree. Joanne, with 14 days you've got a good opportunity to do a bunch of other fun things in Orlando. Go to US/IOA! :)

Have a GREAT time!!

I agree. Joanne, with 14 days you've got a good opportunity to do a bunch of other fun things in Orlando. Go to US/IOA! :)

Have a GREAT time!!

I agree too.
plus if they love to splash around in Universal they also have curious george playgroung that is all water and don't forget in IOA take them to jurrasic playland there are water guns the can play with and little caves that are fun and the names of the places I may have is wrong but your kids will love it and you all will have fun together.:thumbsup2

Thanks!
Joanne

Joanne,
I will probably be the only one to post this, but I would skip IOA and US due to the age of your children. Yes, they may have fun in these small kid areas, but to me it would be a huge waste of money. We just got back today from these parks. We went with our 11 & 10 year olds and our 10 month old. I just pushed the 10 month old around for the two days we were there, she did very little due to her age. With young kids they are not at the height to ride much here. Now, if money doesn't matter, then you may enjoy it and your kids as well. However, I would rather spend the day at Disney.

Just my opinion.
Angelia

Joanne,
I will probably be the only one to post this, but I would skip IOA and US due to the age of your children. Yes, they may have fun in these small kid areas, but to me it would be a huge waste of money. We just got back today from these parks. We went with our 11 & 10 year olds and our 10 month old. I just pushed the 10 month old around for the two days we were there, she did very little due to her age. With young kids they are not at the height to ride much here. Now, if money doesn't matter, then you may enjoy it and your kids as well. However, I would rather spend the day at Disney.

Just my opinion.
Angelia

I am in agreement with Angelia. . .I saved my coke reward points. . .and saved them. . .and saved them to get 3 passes to US for our trip this past November. I took my 4 year old who freaks about Spiderman. Getting to meet Spiderman, and the handful of rides in SuessLanding were the only things he and his 2 yo sister enjoyed. I had to bribe him to ride the Spiderman ride, and he looked at me like I had killed him when we got off. He loves action rides at WDW so I thought he would be fine at US. Not so much. . .we were out of there by naptime. I can't help but think those points would have been better spent on another reward. I am sure the kids will like it when they are older though.

I would be in agreement with Angela as well. Our kids did love the dr. suess area, but outside of that the few rides that they could go on tended to be very crowded. US is still a blast, and with there is much fun to be had, but be prepared for this as well.

Thanks for asking this question.

I was wondering if it would be worth the money to take a 5 year old and a 15 month old. The US website looked fun, but didn't seem to be a whole lot of activities for the kiddos, at least not enough to justify the cost. I've been told that US was more thrill rides and for the older kids. Perhaps we'll stick to Disney for now! Thanks.

We went last year to celebrate DD turning two and we had a blast! we did 3 days. The girls love Disney but we all found Universal to be a refreshing change *gasp!* We did the barney show 3 times and the they loved finding all the different characters to take pictures with. There were a lot of rides that dd2 couldn't go on but she was content to sit and people watch. They have rider swap and I actually rode a ride for the first time by myself! Dh rode the coasters by himself, while DDs and I had sat and had snacks. We can't wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter