Your biggest Disney disappointment / anti-climax?

Richard Bruvofetc

Inane Merry Sag - Possunt Quia, Posse Videntur
Well, we've all put in our favourite rides, hotels etc., but what has been your biggest disappointment or anti-climax when visiting WDW Orlando?

Mine has to be Space Mountain in WDW. After riding this a number of times in Disneyland Paris where DD was too small to ride it, we were very excited about riding it when we got to Florida as the height restriction was lower. I remember DD's comments as we got to the car, "Oh! No! It's only got belly straps". We all got off feeling very disappointed.:bored:

Closely following this was Pirates of the Caribbean. Again, DLP raised my expectations too highly. Hopefully the refurb will put things right (though after this year we'll probably not be visiting Florida again for a long time) :sad:

The new Stitch ride was a big disappointment for us, we were there in the week it first opened and Callum was sooo excited as stitch is his favourite character.
I was also a bit disappointed in the kilimanjaro safari - the big red storyline was rubbish.

Unlike Johnny, I wasn't keen at all on Alien Encounter :scared: but had high hopes for Stitch's escape. Was I disappointed! :rolleyes2

Mumof2 said:
Unlike Johnny, I wasn't keen at all on Alien Encounter :scared: but had high hopes for Stitch's escape. Was I disappointed! :rolleyes2

Guess I just have an 'alien thing'.

There is always room for a couple of monsters or two in my opinion....Muppet 3D was a bit of a let-down when we finally saw it, nothing like as good as say Shrek for example.

I have to agree with what has been said before - Stitch was a big let down. I went on with my 7 year old daughter who was expecting something really exciting when we were strapped into our seats. Seems to be over-hyped and she was really disappointed

Disappointments:

Stitch
Rock'n'Rollercoaster
Buzz Lightyear
Men in Black
Mickey and Minnies houses
Counter Service Burgers

The food and snacks in the theme parks. It was either fries and burgers, or sit down meals which take up SO much time.

What I would do for Subway to break into the theme parks.

Rock and Rollercoaster.

Apart from that not much Disney.

I was very disappointed at the safety issues on crossing the roads.

Star Tours at MGM
Also i thought Soarin was a bit of a letdown.
Apart from those its happy days!

Stitch's Great Escape
Narnia Attraction in MGM
'Ohana (after changes to menu and service format)

The counter service restaurants at most of the parks are distinctly poor, to our thinking, and becoming increasingly expensive. However, if you know where to look, there ARE some much better options these days as Disney in particular have reacted to the demand for more choice.

Magic Kingdom - both the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (for some great soups, stir fries and vegetarian options) and Columbia Harbor House are far more than just burgers 'n chips.
Epcot - Tangierine Cafe in Morrocco is an equally more thoughtful choice
Disney-MGM Studios - the new Studio catering Co Flatbread Grill (near the Honey I Shrunk the Audience playground) offers some healthier and more appetising dishes
Animal Kingdom - Tusker House has always offered a greater range, including chicken and a good vegetarian option

Universal is not quite so imaginative, but the Monsters Cafe and Beverly Hills Boulangerie both have alternatives to the inevitable burgers, while Thunder Falls Terrace and Enchanted Oak Tavern are above average at IoA. At SeaWorld, seek out the Spice Mill or The Deli for the best alternatives, while the new Zambia Smokehouse and Desert Grill are probably Busch Gardens' best counter-service dining.

It's not easy, but it CAN be done!

I was once told (by a Universal employee, admittedly) that all their food (including counter service) is cooked at the location, whereas WDW ships in to its counter service outlets. Don't know if that's still true, but I've always felt that USF counter service offerings are a bit superior. Actually, now I think about it, it seems a bit unlikely. I am very gullible, though. :teeth:

Fantasmic has to be my biggest disappointment. I remember reading about it prior to its introduction and getting majorly excited, but it isn't really for me. We usually see it once every third trip because I think I should like it. Lesson learned? Keep one's expectations low! :teeth: :teeth:

We went to The Poly for our 20th anniversary and were very disappointed with it.

Also California Grill which we thought very average and Beaches and Cream where we thought the food tasteless and dry - but then we're not really burger people so maybe that's why we didn't rate it there - quite good icecream though.

None of the rides have really disappointed me.

Star Tours is horrible. I also agree with the food. As much as food costs it is just amusement park fast food which aint saying much

At the risk of getting lynched I have to say that Animal Kingdom itself was a total letdown and very disappointing, especially when compared to the other Disney parks. I was interested in some of the stories relating to the companies (such as McDonalds) who put up money towards the cost of the park and weren't happy with the way it turned out. The first time we went we stayed in the park for approx 1 hour, enough to do the safari and wander through the rest of the park - on our next visit we gave it more of a chance and still only stayed for about two hours. Not a patch on Busch Gardens!!!

Fantasmic and Dinoland Animal Kingdom were my biggest dissapointments. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter