Your Disney Springs Go-Tos

I really enjoyed the Homecoming' brunch when we were there in January. Jaleo's is my absolute favorite for dinner when not traveling with my husband (he's vegan and plate sharing doesn't work well with him).

Raglan Road, Boathouse, and Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar (for a pre-dinner appetizer and drink before we head over to the Boathouse for our dinner). RR does gluten free fish, chips, and onion rings for my DW. Too many choices for me to pick a favorite there. Boathouse does excellent seafood for me and great steaks for DW (it’s operated by Gibsons Restaurant Group, a Chicago-based steakhouse and seafood operation with multiple locations and themes, so they do both seafood and steak very well).

We would do Frontera Cocina as well, except we can do a number of Rick Bayless restaurants near home.

Quick service: Guy's Chicken or Morimoto Street Food

Table Service: Wine Bar George or Homecomin. I also love Jaleo, but the price puts as a special occasion meal.

Wine Bar George and Morimoto Asia. We eat at both almost every single trip. Also, Moriomoto is on OpenTable and it’s much easier to get a reservation that way. We never get reservations for Wine Bar George - we just walk in but I am pretty sure its on OpenTable as well.

Summerhouse is a great option if you want some lighter meal options!
Morimoto's appetizers and hot stone bowls never disappoint
The Boathouse is fairly consistent and has a pretty crowd-friendly menu

Boathouse is our #1 choice and we always have a res planned here. Raglan Road is great too!

I wouldn't call Rainforest and T-Rex 'fast food' level - they're pretty much the equivalent to a Friday's, Chilis, or Applebee's - the food's not bad, but not special - mostly American/bar foods, but they can be a convenient go-to when you just want something easy and filling.

My favorites in Springs for sit-downs are Homecomin', Boathouse, and Summer House on the Lake.

I've enjoyed meals at Enzo's Hideaway, House of Blues, Wine Bar George, and Frontera Cocina, so those are backup go-tos for me.

For quicker service meals, Polite Pig, DLuxe Burger, Jock Lindsay's (they serve more appetizer or tapas-sized dishes, but they're pretty good), and City Works.
Ah, ok. Every food based Disney site I see trashes T Rex and Rainforest as not worth it, but I’m basic enough to like Chilis and Applebees, lol.

I don’t remember which ones Homecoming and Summer House are, so I’ll check those out.

Does anyone care for Paddlefish? I’ve heard people diss that one too but I always liked it.

I always end up at Boathouse, no matter how many times I tell myself to not go there. I just like it. The service is good, the food is pretty good (though I did prefer their previous menu) and its just a nice atmosphere. I still dream about this beer they had. Local Florida brew that they stopped carrying because it wasn't popular. They have a drink that comes with a little rubber ducky swimming in it. Well one person orders it, then another and another. Until the entire half of the primary bar all have this rubber ducky drink. It was good times.

I have also really enjoyed Jaleo but it is a place for multiple people to sit and enjoy and I will be solo going forward so doubtful I'll make it there again.

I also think Homecomin' is a bit overrated. I have never had particularly memorable meals there.

I had lunch at Boathouse last November - lobster roll; it was solid, wasn’t blown away. Maybe dinner is different?

I haven’t been to DS enough to have restaurant must-dos, though I did love my Homecoming brunch; I still want to try it for lunch/dinner. Im hoping Raglan will become a regular stop for me - I’ve got dinner reservations for 3/10

But - Ghirardelli’s and the Ganachery are always musts

Hey all! I'm curious about everyone's favorite "go-to" Disney Springs restaurants.

I've gone to Paddlefish 2-3 trips in a row now, but their lack of the seafood/crab boil continues to vex me. A full lobster is a huge meal (and hard to find in my central Alberta town) but considering the sky-high cost of lobster or the snow crab there, I've been thinking of finding a new go-to, or at least something different.

I've heard good things about Raglan Road and am leaning towards that. I usually eat a huge meal there and then do Earl of Sandwich later (though they didn't have the beef dip last time!) because calories aren't a thing when I go to Disney. I love the scenery/hyper-agitating atmosphere of T-Rex/Rainforest Cafe but the food looks pretty weaksauce (restaurant prices for what looks like fast-food quality). If anyone there or nearby has a "boil" (it looks like someone took the Burns Omni-Net from The Simpsons and dumped it into a vat of butter), I'll do that- I still think about that all the time, lol. 1000% wine by George. He's so delightful and makes you feel at home.

Boathouse (I especially love sitting at the dockside bar), Wine Bar George, Raglan Road. Editing to add, I've not yet been to Jaleo but hear it's fantastic.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. Every food based Disney site I see trashes T Rex and Rainforest as not worth it, but I’m basic enough to like Chilis and Applebees, lol.

I don’t remember which ones Homecoming and Summer House are, so I’ll check those out.

Does anyone care for Paddlefish? I’ve heard people diss that one too but I always liked it.

We actually didn't like Boathouse very much. The service wasn't good. They also stuck us outside during a freak cold spell in March, even with a reservation. We were freezing the whole time. Our food was ice cold too. There were only a few tables outside that were occupied. They said it would be over an hour wait to get inside. The fish seemed to all be covered in sauces or breading. Not a lot of seafood for what you are paying. We actually liked Paddlefish better.

We go to Raglan Road every single trip without fail. Besides that the brunch at Homecomin' is really good, haven't been for any other mealtime but can't imagine that the food wouldn't be just as good.

+1 for Boathouse! We always wind up going there and I have a small collection of all the rubber ducks that come with the "Duck Duck Raz" lol.

For now, my favorites are Boathouse and Polite Pig. I don't love the noise level at Raglan Road - it can be difficult to have a conversation - but am trying brunch on an upcoming trip and hope that will be better. I also have a ressie coming up at Summer House.

Homecomin is my favorite. For Quick Service, I actually like Everglazed (coincidentally the same company). Not for their donuts, but their chicken sandwich is awesome, and you can get it either on a donut or a regular bun.

Morimoto - reliable and everyone in the family likes it, plus they can always seat us with our a reservation
Homecomin' - brunch after our long runs-- the moonshine hits real strong those days
Boathouse - inconsistent with quality and service but we like the atmosphere and will keep trying for now
Wine Bar George - great vibe, small plates, excellent wine (obvi) and service. George is amazing. Has great energy and so down to earth
Raglan - good fun and elevated pub food with veteran bartenders
Summerhouse - been there 3 times now and really like the easy, fresh vibe/food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter