YOUR Favorite DVC & Why

These answers kinda make me wanna buy into the VGF at the direct prices. I know that sounds crazy. We're new, so I'm taking it all in. But, right now we have little ones - two 5's and a 3. MK is easily our favorite park. Last trip we had 5 park days, and 3 were in MK. Based on what is being said, seems like the resorts close to MK have issues:

BLT - noisy, pool not so great, 1st floor privacy issues
VWL - rooms blah, dark, no 3 br villas, early contract expiration

Whats that leave for resorts with easy access to MK? Seems like maybe BWV/BCV not a bad choice if the bus ride to MK isn't too bad.

But with VGF you get great pool, beautiful rooms/lobbies, easy to MK, monorail, and 2064.

I don't wanna drop 150 per point, but just might based on all that.

We just bought at VGF. >>; I love the rooms in BLT and I love the walk to MK, but the pool was just such a let down. It just didn't seem special and the hot tub (super important to us) was all the way in the back near the slide.

Personally, despite loving the pool at BCV, I'd probably do BWV first. I really was not happy with the bus service from YC/BC/BCV to MK in Oct. I timed it and we had to wait 40 minutes before the 20 minute drive back. The drive back is longer for BCV because YC is the first stop.

And then there was the time the bus driver got lost coming back and went to the Caribbean Beach instead.

We just bought at VGF. >>; I love the rooms in BLT and I love the walk to MK, but the pool was just such a let down. It just didn't seem special and the hot tub (super important to us) was all the way in the back near the slide.

Personally, despite loving the pool at BCV, I'd probably do BWV first. I really was not happy with the bus service from YC/BC/BCV to MK in Oct. I timed it and we had to wait 40 minutes before the 20 minute drive back. The drive back is longer for BCV because YC is the first stop.

And then there was the time the bus driver got lost coming back and went to the Caribbean Beach instead.

BWV buses stop at Swan, Dolphin and I thought BCV too, no?

BWV buses stop at Swan, Dolphin and I thought BCV too, no?

No, at least not during the 4x we stayed at the YC between Oct 2012 and Oct 2013. The BCV shares buses with the BC proper and the YC and BC share all buses from what we experienced. YC tended to have much smaller crowds while the BC/BCV frequently had huge crowds.

The Magical Express usually does: Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach, BW, BC, YC (the return express usually does the opposite, though in Dec 2012 when there was no BW people it went to YC before BC. and in Jan 2013 when our Magical Express failed to show on time it eventually went to WL! o_O)

Some of the MK buses in the morning do: YC, BC/BCV and then BW/BWV before going to MK, but the return buses just do YC and then BC/BCV. The AK buses do YC then BC/BCV then Blizzard Beach and ended at AK and do the reverse going back.

I found the buses coming back from AK were timely even with the stop at Blizzard Beach but the ones coming back from MK were just so bad last trip.

It's always possible the Downtown Disney buses are different, we never go to DTD since it's just not appealing to us. Though I'm pretty sure the YC and BC would still share a bus going down. (It could also stop at BW, Swan and Dolphin, though seriously that would make that bus trip so incredibly long, it would make me want to go to DTD even less!)

The boats leave from Epcot go to the BW dock, then the YC/BC dock, then Dolphin/Swan and then onto DHS.

If you want to have easy access to MK, then I recommend VWL. The boat runs frequently and I've never seen it really crowded like the monorail or buses.

I love the theming of the rooms! Also the DVC pool is very secluded and not crowded. The main pool is really interesting. This is one of my favorite resorts!

Planning to rent points in a few years, but wanted some expert opinions!:thumbsup2

What's your fav and why? I will have 2 adults and 7 and 3 year olds. Stay will be 1 week and I always plan on a day or two at the resort.

Interested in a 1 br for the amenities.

Considering VWL, but also like the convenience of BLT.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions.

Thanks!:cool1:
Our current favorite is the Grand Californian. We particularly like the ease of jumping between the two parks and the special park entrance for Grand Cal guests to California Adventure.

We also enjoy the resort's theming and "texture." Spending time in the lobby is a "must do" to enjoy the special music and/or fireplace. We also enjoy the early morning "power walks" through the California Adventure park or Downtown Disney. Dining options seem good, too. In all, this location is a winner!

With kids 7 and 4....you are going to want the convenience of a MK resort. You will be going to MK more than once if you are there for a week. VWL is a beautiful themed resort, and a short boat ride to MK. Highly recommend it. BLT also another good choice, as you can walk to MK, have access to all the restaurants at Contemporary, and can take the Monorail to Poly or VGF for more restaurant options.

I've finally had the chance to read all the posts. Thank you all so much for the comments.
I'm making a spreadsheet to include all the tips.

My trip isn't until 2016, but it's never to early to start planning!,,pixiedust:

BLT for the location and the rooms are quiet with the exception of fireworks. We enjoy monorail, train, boat watching, electric water pageant, TOTWL, and fireworks watching.

BCV for the pool and shortest walk to Epcot.

AKV for the animals. Feels like two vacations (parks and Africa) in one.

BWV has lots of entertainment. Our only negative was that we had a lot of noise even with our door and patio closed.

OKW has great room sizes and very economical point usage.

We were ok with SSR. Our biggest negative was listening to waking up to a couple dozen people go by with luggage on wheels the day after a marathon ended.

We have yet to stay at VWL, VGF, HHI, VB, VGC, and Aulani.

I do believe that resorts come down to personal preference, much like flavors of ice cream.

We rented points when we got married at Disney in 2012 and stayed for our honeymoon. My answer's a little long-winded, but it's something to consider because what's important to you really dictates where you should buy.

On our Honeymoon:

Our first stint was at AKL. I have mixed feelings. I liked some parts of it, but the decor in the room was dark, and we didn't get much direct sun, so it felt like a cave. We stayed in a studio in Jambo, and honestly, it felt like a hotel room to us. Maybe the 1BR experience is different.

The main thing that was a deal-breaker for us was the trek to any park other than AK. It seriously felt like it took forever. We had to wait for buses, then there was the stop at Kidani...it added a LOT of time onto the day.

The second half we stayed at BLT and absolutely LOVED it. We loved that we could stay in MK to see the fireworks at the end of the night and not have to wait in the bus lines and be crammed like sardines to get back to our room. We loved getting drinks and apps at Top of the World, and discovered the Wave restaurant at the Contemporary which was delicious. (We go back every time now.)

On Our 1 Yr Anniversary

We were on a budget (house poor!) so we didn't rent points and instead booked at POR. The resort was truly lovely, but we learned two really important things from renting DVC: We liked the kitchen and "feel" of the DVC resorts and BLT taught us that we just have no patience for the bus system. We're terrible that way, but we finally admitted it and embraced it. :rotfl2: It was our second morning, and there were easily 4 busloads of people waiting for the bus to MK. DH looked at me and said, "I can't do this again."

We're going back in three weeks for our 2yr, and booked at BCV for the first half and BLT the second. We adore Epcot and are totally excited to be able to walk to it.

Bottom line: Prioritize where you spend your time and what parts of Disney frustrate you, then pick DVC around that. No resort is perfect and they all "feel" very different, so be honest with yourself about your tendencies.

We own at SSR and VGC so of course we have stayed at both many times. We have also stayed at BWV, BCV, VWL, AKL, VBR and HHI. We still have yet to stay at Aulani,BLT, and VGF. I can honestly say that my favorite resort is the last one I have stayed in. Each time I visit a new one, I am blown away.

We are big on convenience so Beach Club and Boardwalk hands down.

- you can walk to HS and Epcot- or take the boat- we hate waiting on buses and even the monorail so, to be able to walk when we want to is great.

- the Boardwalk itself is entertaining- performers at night- carnival games

- so many great food options on the boardwalk and the character breakfast at Beachclub's Cape May is great

- the pool is great at Beachclub and the sandy beach is wonderful for relaxing

-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter