Your favorite OKW room

Brenle

DIS Veteran
Heading back to Disney in November and staying at OKW. What's your favorite location or building number and why? And if there's a building you weren't happy with, which one was it?

The only building we didn't care for was 40. There really weren't any views and the road was so close that we got road noise if we tried to sit on the balcony. Afterwards we realized that there weren't even any ducks around there, at least during our stay. Favorite area? You're going to get lots of different answers on this one. Our favorite area is Miller's Road-great golf course views and close enough to the main pool to be convenient, but far enough away to be very quiet.

There are several really good buildings at OKW (IMO) I like buildings 30 to 35 because they are very close to the Turtle Pond bus stop, but really have very little bus noise. Building 55 has a very nice canal view, as does 45 and 46. I didn;t really care for bldg 29, not a great view and bus noise.

A lot also depends upon the type of unit you'll be staying in. Studios are usually placed on the end of the buildings, so studios rarely have a great view and are often noisier than one , 2 or 3 bedroom units. Studios in the cross beam of U shaped buildings often have a better view, from the patio, but also do not have any front windows.

We love the buildings at Turtle pond area....especially 33/36/37....we have had great views, short walk to the bus stop, easy access to Turtle Pond Pool, and really only a 7 minute walk to the main area.

The only building we stayed in and disliked was #29. We happened to be on the bottom studio near the street....very loud.

Cheryl

We love the buildings at Turtle pond area....especially 33/36/37....we have had great views, short walk to the bus stop, easy access to Turtle Pond Pool, and really only a 7 minute walk to the main area.

The only building we stayed in and disliked was #29. We happened to be on the bottom studio near the street....very loud.

Cheryl

Hmm. Someone else warred me about buildng 29. And from the map, it doesn't look like it's in the best spot. Isn't that the building that supposedly has a golf course view but the trees are so tall, you cannot see the course?

There are several really good buildings at OKW (IMO) I like buildings 30 to 35 because they are very close to the Turtle Pond bus stop, but really have very little bus noise. Building 55 has a very nice canal view, as does 45 and 46. I didn;t really care for bldg 29, not a great view and bus noise.

A lot also depends upon the type of unit you'll be staying in. Studios are usually placed on the end of the buildings, so studios rarely have a great view and are often noisier than one , 2 or 3 bedroom units. Studios in the cross beam of U shaped buildings often have a better view, from the patio, but also do not have any front windows.

Thanks for that info. I didn't know that about the studios. We are staying in a two-bedroom lockoff. I'm not looking for the perfect room, but a view from the balcony is important as we don't spend all our time at the parks.

Building 37 was my favorite, nice water & golf course view. My least favorite was 28 for the same reasons listed above for 29.

We have stayed in 2BRs in buildings 46 and 23. We liked both locations. Building 46 is on the canal, which is nice. Our unit in Bldg 23 was in the middle of the building, so not right next to the main road. Both were quiet. Bldg 23 has a water/golf course view and is just a quick walk from the main pool and hospitality house.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Since you're in a lock-off, I was just in the one bedroom portion of 3525, the connecting studio seemed to have a decent water view from the balcony, but it in the crossbar of a U shaped building, so I don't think the studio has any front windows. Nice location, convenient both to the Turtle Pond bus stop and pool.

Hmm. Someone else warred me about buildng 29. And from the map, it doesn't look like it's in the best spot. Isn't that the building that supposedly has a golf course view but the trees are so tall, you cannot see the course?

pretty much...you are on the very edge of the tee so not really a great view. But for us it was the noise.

che

I would warn against taking 4414 and 4413. We were just in 4413 and had a problem with the guest in 4414 smoking in the room. the smoking was so heavy that it came thru the connecting door into our room to the point we could not stay there. they were cleaning the rooms but i feel the smell takes a long time to be removed. We love the turtle pond area. We were moved into 4124 which was a 2 bedroom and i really liked the great view of a pond and real close to the playground and pool.

We stayed in 29 this past June in a studio. It is quite noisy because it is so close to the road, but the proximity is great--you are close to so much! Also, we could look out the front window at the canal, and my kids loved watching the boats go by. Finally, we were on the second floor and the vegetation was not too overgrown so the studio was pretty light and bright. I would stay there again, but maybe bring earplugs. ::yes:: (The noise did not bother my kids; they were too exhausted!)

GV - Favorite is in bldg #15, it's close to HH (main pool, Guirgling Suitcase & Olivia's). It has a lovely view of the golf greens separated by water & a fountain!

2BR -If we have all of the teenagers, we like Turtle Pond #42, 33, 36, 37. They are close to the quiet pool which our teenagers prefer to the main pool. We like to grill steak, chicken etc. and the grills are by the quiet pools. There is a snack bar there for the teenagers to order from! The views are really lovely!

If we have only our teenager, then # 45, 46, lovely views, more relaxing area!

But to be honest I've very seldom made requests, We've stayed all over and we've never been disappointed. Luckily, I've never landed in # 29!!!!

But to be honest I've very seldom made requests, We've stayed all over and we've never been disappointed. Luckily, I've never landed in # 29!!!!

B;

Like you we seldom make requests; I only ever ask to be as close to turtle pond as possible, but never change when they put us elsewhere because you can never tell if you will end up with a new favorite.......except 29....:lmao:

che

Thanks everyone for your input. :thumbsup2 I've never requested a specific building, but I like to know which ones to avoid in case that's where I'm assigned!

29 will not work. The bus noise will drive me crazy. In fact, I crossed that off the map we were given last year due to the proximity to the road.

We were in building 52 last trip. Great location. Close to the bus stop. Except it wasn't great when we were inside and could hear the bus coming, braking, stopping, accelerating. Not enjoyable when you're sleeping in.

We own at SSR, and I have to say, no matter where we've stayed, bus noise was never a problem. Now, people in the hot tub at 2 a.m.. . . . .that's another story for another thread. :faint:

Thanks everyone for your input. :thumbsup2 I've never requested a specific building, but I like to know which ones to avoid in case that's where I'm assigned!

29 will not work. The bus noise will drive me crazy. In fact, I crossed that off the map we were given last year due to the proximity to the road.

We were in building 52 last trip. Great location. Close to the bus stop. Except it wasn't great when we were inside and could hear the bus coming, braking, stopping, accelerating. Not enjoyable when you're sleeping in.

We own at SSR, and I have to say, no matter where we've stayed, bus noise was never a problem. Now, people in the hot tub at 2 a.m.. . . . .that's another story for another thread. :faint:

:rotfl: Was that us??!?!?!?!?

che

I'm glad i came across this thread. We will be staying at OKW next month and just finished putting in my building requests earlier this week. We are staying in a GV which is not in many of the buildings but is in Bldg 29... :scared: but not on my request list. We have stayed in GV's before in Bldgs 48 which had a nice view and close to bus stop which was nice and Bldg 15 which also had a good view and a relatively short walk to the hospitality house.

. We have stayed in GV's before in Bldgs 48 which had a nice view and close to bus stop which was nice and Bldg 15 which also had a good view and a relatively short walk to the hospitality house.

I've stayed in both of those as well, my favorite of the two #15. I've requested it 3 times over the years and gotten it 2 out of the 3 times! The GV's are fabulous! Enjoy your stay!

Staying at OKW for the first time this December in a studio which building should I stay for the best bus service?

Staying at OKW for the first time this December in a studio which building should I stay for the best bus service?

There are 5 bus stops spread throughout OKW. Just request to be near a bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter