Your Favorite Resort

I've only stayed at AS Movies, Coronado Springs, Saratoga Springs & AKL. I really liked AS Movies because it was cute, fun, colorful & it was just my daughter & I.
I now absolutely love AKL because of the Savannah view they have. Coronado was too spread out for me & Saratoga was actually pretty nice. But AKL's view can't be beat! How nice it is to see the animals roaming about as you sit on your balcony sipping a fresh cup of hot coffee or maybe a nice glass of wine. :cloud9:

Hi zetek,
Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. The reason is the theming appeals to me more than any other resort. Also, the way the resort is decorated for the holidays is fantastic. :santa: The proximity to MK is another reason. Being able to take a boat back and forth to the park is the best. :goodvibes
________
CHILDREN AVANDIA

What is your favorite resorts and why?

We have stayed at all of the DVC resorts on WDW property except for two - BCV and BLT. We are staying at BC in 3 weeks. :woohoo:

I tend to prefer the condo-style properties, so of all the DVC resorts, I think that OKW wins by a nose (at least for today) over SSR. I love the size of the rooms, and to me, the property is just breath-taking. The landscape is lush and mature, and since we live in OH, I especially love the theme of the resort. As SSR ages, I think it will have some of the same appeal.

Of the hotel-style resorts where we have stayed (AKV, BWV and VWL), I'd have to go with VWL. The lobby of the main lodge still takes my breath away.

DH's pick...BWV hands down. He likes the hotel-style resorts, and loves the BW area. He likes to be in the center of things, and hates sitting in the room.

BCV is our favorite... mainly because of location. It's great to be in our villa following Illuminations while others are still waiting for or on a bus! Stormalong Bay is an attraction on it own. There are great restaurants & nightlife at Boardwalk.

I like something about each DVC resort, but my favorites are BLT then VWL. Add the 5th person in a 1 bedroom to VWL, and it is a tie between those two.

Old Key West for the size of the units, the parking outside your door, the friendly atmosphere there, the beautiful grounds, the vacation home feel over a hotel feel, and just the familiarity of it.

Our favorite is WLV. Hubby's 2nd fav is a tie between SSR(pool) and OKW(size). My 2nd and 3rd fav change daily :lmao:

On non-DVC - LOVE the Beach Club, Poly, and CBR (because of the pirate rooms and pool). Hubby's picks are the same.

We are sentimental favorite to Beach Club because it was hubby's first visit to WDW - which was on our honeymoon. It was also my first "on-site" stay. Fast forward to 2006 and our kids had their first stay, albeit only one night before moving to OKW, at the Beach Club.

We stayed at the Beach Club Villas only once, for 3 days in 2008. The stay was a little lackluster (it didn't help that we checked in at 8am and didn't get into our room until after 6pm - I know they aren't guaranteed, but it just kinda got tiring after 3-4pm, lol). But, we love the Beach club and are hoping to give the villas another chance soon. We're hoping the 2nd stay will be as magical as our hotel stays at Beach Club were :).

i Love SSR, I know most people hate it, but the shear beauty of the resort gets me everytime. I feel when I am there I am treated most like a DVC member and not just a regular hotel guest! It also doesn't hurt that my favorite restaurant is at SSR Turf Club!

My favorite is VWL because of the atmosphere and location of the resort. I love the view of the lake from anywhere on the property. I love the little animal tracks in the concrete, I love the villa pool with the little bubbly springs in it. I love renting bikes there and riding around ft. wilderness. I've sat and read a book while enjoying the rocking chairs on the porch and while sitting in a nook in the lobby of the villas near a fireplace. Those elevator doors are so beautiful. I love VWL in spite of the fact that probably 50% of my stays there have been in a dumpster view studio.;) I've used the shower facities at Sturdy Branches after checking out of my villa and found them to be clean and very convenient to the pool. I love walking around the grounds at night with DH:love:

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Sometimes I wonder why I actually own at 5 other resorts as well, but then I remember why I love those resorts, but VWL is absolutely the best fit for me!!!!:goodvibes

This is a tough one because I truly love them all. But I have a special place in my heart for SSR. We've stayed in this location since it was the Disney Villas, then the Disney Institute and now the beautiful Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
I truly have a feeling of being "home" at this wonderful place. :goodvibes

OKW for all the reasons already stated by PPs. I could happily live there year round.

Hands down, my favorite is the Boardwalk. Walking distance to two parks and the atmosphere at night is great. Beach Club is the favorite for summer time just to spend time at the pool. Non DVC is the Poly. Love the feel of the place.

whichever one im heading to next:goodvibes

My top DVC favs include:

#1 WL (perfect, calming; hard to believe you're in FLA) home resort

#2 BWV (location & im fond of the clown)

#3 AK Kidani (where else can you wake up & find a giraffe on your balcony;))
#4 BC (SAB) I had issues during one stay w/mgmt, assume it's been rectified, plan to try & visit next summer.

CRO, by category:

deluxe - CR-MK view:cloud9: (looking forward to trying out BLT)

mod - POR FQ (great theming for the $)

value - music (main pool is a hoot)

We have stayed at all dvc disney resorts and also all stars, poly, gf and cs. Out of the dvc resorts its close between okw and blt. Okw because of like others say seems much friendlier than any other one, great big wide open vacation resort feel. BLT because of location and monorail, having 2 very little ones being able to walk to mk or monorail over is huge to us and having 2 pools to choose from is great we also love only have to worry about 2 buses for parks instead of 4, thats one of our ssr downfalls packed buses and sometimes long waits. Did an adult trip to BWV and that was great because of being able to walk to epcot and jellyrolls.

If I had to choose,... I think my favorite is BWV. We just got back from there 2 weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. I loved walking on the Boardwalk. The sights and sounds. And of course being so close to Epcot which is my favorite park. I loved looking across the lake and Seeing the BCV. It's just a breathtaking view.

This is really tough. I truly do love them all. The only WDW DVC resort we haven't stayed at is AKV. I think I have to give a slight edge to BLT. Just can't beat the location, and we loved the decor and space of the 2 BR. VWL and BWV would probably run a very close 2nd and 3rd.

They are all so different from one another that it's hard to compare. I think it really depends on what type of vacation you want to have and what you are focusing on that particular trip.

SSR is our first love. It is the first resort we ever stayed at on Disney property and our first real vacation with the kids. I love the location.
We always drive and go off campus so it's most convenient for our style of vacation. It is closest to the most food options without having to use a park ticket. We don't have AP's normally so we can't afford to burn a park day just for counter service. We love the food options and the shopping especially my favorite store in the world, World of Disney at DTD. I love boating over there because I love Disney boats. It's a really pretty resort. I thinks the room decor is the prettiest of all the resorts. It's bright and cheerful but classy and elegant. We love the spa! We have the option of the Treehouses and now a new feature pool. It seems to keep getting better.

We fell in love with AKL from the moment we first saw it. The themeing there is in my opinion the absolute best. It's like being in another world. When they made it DVC, we had to add on. Boma is our fave restaurant in WDW. This resort could not be even associated with Disney and still be awesome. It doesn't need location, it is a unique experience and a jaw-dropping work of art. I have seen the other Disney resort styles in many other locations besides Disney, I have never seen anything like AKL anywhere else. It's one of a kind. We also really love how many categories are available. The values are the best points wise. The one bedrooms sleep 5 (we are a family of 5) and have two bathrooms (Kidani) so either way it goes, we save points at AKV. There is so much to love about AKV.

We stayed at BLT this past christmas and really loved the private feel of the place. I'm not at all a modern decor girl but I really loved the look and feel of BLT. It was not cold and sterile as I had imagined it might be. The one bedroom felt super large and we really had room to spread out. I love the monorail and that it is right near the Grand Floridian and Polynesian resorts that we love to frequent for our fave breakfast and dinner and just to hang out. The proximity to MK was super even though we were dying walking back after a commando day (we had to carry our youngest). We didn't get a chance to do the lounge, but we did see the fireworks from the lobby one day and were awe-struck. We will be going back to BLT though not next trip.

Beach Club get's the slight edge over Boardwalk because of Stormalong Bay. I love BWV's lobby. It is my style absolutely. I love Cape May at the Beach Club. Epcot resort area has a magical feel. The location is great. We drive but we'd park and walk or boat for our Epcot and DHS days. We've never stayed at either but hopefully will try them out one day.

It is a tie.

AKL - the theming, the animals, the look of the rooms

BCV - the sand bottom pool, the location

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter