Your First day at WDW!

Oz!

DIS DAD #459
I was reading another thread and thought about our plans for our 1st Day at WDW.

We will arrive at our Resort around 2:00pm, get checked in and eat lunch.
Then head to MK for the rest of the day. We will probally ride Buzz light Year, Laugh floor and space mtn as many times as we can before heading to the Castle to get our sits for the night parades.

What are you plans for your first day at WDW?

We are arriving very early on our first day, so we will check in and get our KTTW and head to the bus for the MK! Can't WAIT to see my little girl's face when she walks in and sees that castle! We plan to stay at the park and watch the parade and then head back to the hotel to check in and eat quick service at All Star Movies that day, probably swim in the pool and head back to MK for EMH the next morning!

We won't be arriving till about 8pm next friday at MCO so if ME is quick and we get there & checked in with no issues we will probably let the kids take a dip in the pool and then off to bed. We will be getting up bright and early for EMH am at DHS for SWW on the 22nd. Can't wait! :darth::yoda::ewok::chewy:

We settle in at our Resort Old Key West , then take boat ferry to DTD and do a little shopping and dinner at House Of Blues.Then back to resort have a snack at O'Livias thena good nights sleep before Magic Kingdom. :goodvibes:cool1::):wizard::goodvibes:wizard::cool1::):goodvibes

We get to Orlando at 2:30 on Memorial Day so hope to checked into POFQ and at parks by 4:30 or soon thereafter. Can't decide on Animal Kingdon (has EMH PM) or Epcot first day. Afraid MK will be too full by that late in the day on Memorial Day. Don't know if can get Fast Passes to major rides that late. If I thought we could get Kim Possible that late in the day, might lean towards EPCOT cause my son wants to do that but don't think likely on a holiday. Ya'll have fun whichever you do.

My flight gets in at 1:50 and with some seriously Disney magic I hope to be at MK by 3 but realisticlly it will be later. I have 4 more days to go nuts so for the first day I'm going to relax and shop maybe hop on a few rides. I'm going to MK to see the fireworks and parade and it will be EMH at Epcot so I'm going to head over there to finish off the night. I have every day of my entire trip planned out. I think I've gone a bit overboard with the planning but I just get so excited!

well we are planning to take an early flight somewhere between 5-7am, so we will get to WDW no later than 2-3. we are going to check in and let the kids play on the playground, swim and look around our hotel. then we are heading to Planet Hollywood for dinner then after dinner stroll around downtown disney shopping and just looking at the different sites. we will also be doing characters in flight! then off to our hotel for bed. the next day we are starting the day off with character breakfast! what better way to start out the day? then for the 6 days after that will be going to the parks. then on day 9 we leave.

:goodvibes Well the way I figure is we'll arrive at MCO at 10:11 am , arrive at CBR at 12? check in and head to DTD, we have a 2pm ressie for Rainforest cafe. So we'll walk,eat, walk around and shop a little, end our first day with a dip in the pool and go to bed early to try and make our first RD ever at MK. :cool1: Soo excited !!!

Jen

:goodvibes Well the way I figure is we'll arrive at MCO at 10:11 am , arrive at CBR at 12? check in and head to DTD, we have a 2pm ressie for Rainforest cafe. So we'll walk,eat, walk around and shop a little, end our first day with a dip in the pool and go to bed early to try and make our first RD ever at MK. :cool1: Soo excited !!!

Jen

Rd are a fun way to start the day...

We will be staying off site the first night we arrive and going to DTD. We will go back to the off site resort to get a good nights rest.We will be getting up early to get our KTTW cards and then we are heading to MK. We are going to try to get there as early as possible. :wizard:

We have a early flight. Should arrive at port Orleans Riverside resort by 11:45 am. We will take our daughter around resort to check thins out we will swim in the French Quarter Serpent pool as well as the riverside pool. In the early evening we will dine at 1900 Park Fare then on to the MK to try to get a few of the rides off the list to make our full day at MK slightly less hectic.

Our first day is actually at night-our plane lands at 7:22PM-hopefully earlier. I'm estimating we will be at POR by 9PM, grab some dinner and a swim. The next morning we will be off to DTD via boat to pick up our YES program tickets and on to Blizzard Beach, with dinner at HOB that night. MK won't be until we check in over at the Poly on our 3rd day-:goodvibes

Only 9 days to go!!!

well we are planning to take an early flight somewhere between 5-7am, so we will get to WDW no later than 2-3. we are going to check in and let the kids play on the playground, swim and look around our hotel. then we are heading to Planet Hollywood for dinner then after dinner stroll around downtown disney shopping and just looking at the different sites. we will also be doing characters in flight! then off to our hotel for bed. the next day we are starting the day off with character breakfast! what better way to start out the day? then for the 6 days after that will be going to the parks. then on day 9 we leave.

Our flight arrives about 11:30am so hopefully we will be able to check in about 1pm.

Then head to DTD for a late lunch ressie at T-Rex for 2:30pm. Then we will walk around DTD and do some shopping. Maybe DisneyQuest as well if there's time. Then back to the resort for swimming, a light snack/dinner and early bed.

Up early in the morning for a day at Magic Kingdom with breakfast at Crystal Palace for 8am!

We're hoping to arrive to YC between 12-1pm. After we get checked in, we're heading straight to MK for lunch (we'll hit whatever CS we can get in to!) and then we'll make a beeline for the Haunted Mansion. We ALWAYS ride the Haunted Mansion first as this is a childhood favorite for both DH and me. :wizard: Then, depending on the time, we'll either head back to YC to get cleaned up for dinner or, if we look decent enough, we'll head straight to Narcoossee's for a 5:30pm ressie. After that, we'll head over to Epcot for the evening.

We definitely aren't ones to ease into our vacations! :jumping1:

Flight gets in late morning so should be at resort & ready to go by mid-afternoon. We will repeat what we did on the first trip with DD, who was then 9 yrs old: go to Epcot late afternoon/evening. The front of the park (Future World) has cleared out amazingly by then. I remember we walked in the park and walked right onto Spaceship Earth. Great that her first impression of the World was not a monster line or a crushing crowd. We don't try to do the 'big ticket' items that day. No ressies; probably grab a quick meal at Sunshine Seasons or really any counter service place. Flight schedules being what they are, I don't like to be tied to any plans on arrival day. Illuminations is a very exciting way to end the first day.

Then for our first full day we started at MK. It was so great to watch DD's face as we walked onto Main Street in the morning: everything bright and shiny and fresh, the air still sweet and cool, the castle gleaming in the sun without huge crowds yet, a horse-drawn trolley coming towards her...........

This might not work so well if you have much younger children who are living and breathing for the Mouse, character face time, and parades. But for an older child, I thought it worked great.

I'm still not completely sure what we'll do on our first day and we leave TOMORROW! :eek:

We're arriving early (MCO @ 9:45 am), so we have the whole day. I think we'll probably hit DTD and then just come back to swim/relax at the AKL.

We should be arriving about 2pm. Checking into Sports and just plan on walking around and swimming. This is are first time at this resort.

My wife always tells me I'm insane, but she lets my plan our yearly tirp and every year, we take the first flight out to disney, get to the hotel check in and head to what ever park has evening Extra Magic Hours and get back to the htel around 10-11pm...it has worked this many years, why mess with it!!!

Our flight lands at 10:15am, so we should be checked in by 12:00. We'll head over to the MK, activate our APs and spend the day there.

We're having dinner at DTD and probably an early evening since we have to get up at 3:00am to catch our flight.

i should be all good and checked in at POFQ buy 1:30 at the latest ... i definitely plan to head right to WDW and have a late lunch at Earl of Sandwhich, do some shopping and then head to MK for wishes! :goodvibes :wizard: i REALLY cannot wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter