• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your kids take on Signature dining??

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
Hello all,

I had settled on the DDP but now that I am booking my ADR's I am like oooh ... I want to try HBD and AP and CRT. So I am wondering if I should upgrade to the deluxe plan.

I am traveling with 3 kids ... 18 girl, 14 & 10 boys.

I think to make deluxe worth it we'd have to go to a lot of signature places ... which I don't mind ... but worried it will be too fru fru for them.

Any input?

Thanks

A

My kids prefer it but they are younger than yours. My kids love steak so they are please they can get that at most of the signature places. I think your children will find things they like at most signature places.

My kids always preferred the signature meals and they have both become much more adventurous eaters as a result. My kids learned the differences between the kinds of goat chesses and sushi, tried and enjoyed escargot and a myriad of other things by the time they were 5. DD will make someone a very expensive wife someday! LOL :lmao: If your children are well behaved, I see no reason to shelter them from the signature dining establishments. If they like to run around, get restless, stick straws in their noses--yes I have seen this at Cali Grill!:scared1:--then skip it until they are older for their benefit as well as the other guests.

We are doing the Dlx dining for our trip in Sept. for the 2nd time. we let each person, family of 4, pick 2 restaurants for dinner. DS12 picked Yachtsmen's Steakhouse and Calf Grill and DD9 picked Calf Grill and Teppan Edo. We are also eating at Flying Fish and narcoossee. Our kids :love: Signature dining. Plus Dlx enables us to eat a nice TS breakfast a few days which they enjoy. We have not found the signature places to be "fru fru" at all. In fact they usually pay special attention to the kids since there are fewer there then regular TS. We are not eating 3TS any of the days since we found last time that we were too full to enjoy dinner plus it took too much time out of the parks.

My DD who is 10 loves the signature restaraunts. ( Yachtsmen ) being her favorite. My DS who is 8, only cares that we go to Trex ( that is his idea of signature).

My youngest are 7 year old twins and they love the signature restaurants.

My kids - ages 5 and 7 - love the signature restaurants as well. We took them to Narcoosees last year an both have asked to return. we will be eating several signature meals including Jiko, Flying Fish, Narcoosees and I'm hoping to squeeze Yachtsmans Steakhouse in there somewhere.

I am most worried about my DS10. He does not want to go to "fancy places" ... lol. He wants sci fi, prime time and character meals.

This is his birthday trip but I told him we were doing a few signature places.

We are staying at WL for the 3x and I have never gone to Artist Point so that is a must (I will probably just pay OOP for a kids meal for him). My DS13 requested Cali Grill and I loved it last time I went. I also want to do CRT because I know my niece will love eating in the castle.

It looks like I'm dropping HBD for prime time (lol) ... it's his fav place and I may cut YMSH out too .... hit those on next trip.

It's so hard to balance favorites with newbies!!!

WDWO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter