Your (Loews) first benefits announced.

Guess I will be going back down to Blue level status after this year. No way I can stay 10 times a year. I think it really stinks and it will make for alot of unhappy customers. :sad2:

It is my understanding that any rate posted on the Loews website or Universal website are qualifying rates! :banana:

Enjoy your Platinum and Gold status while it lasts. Looks like next year I'll be blue.. (meaning sad and only Blue status..). :laughing:

I have already received a response from the Senior VP of marketing of Loews to the e-mail I sent them this morning voicing my concerns of Loews no longer valuing the family traveler.

Loews unbelievably outstanding customer service strikes again and suffice it to say that I am very satisfied with their response to my concerns.

re the rates...

called this am to change ressie...

was told that seasonal = rack rate & is qualifying

(guess it sounds better than lowly rack;) :rolleyes1 )

I have already received a response from the Senior VP of marketing of Loews to the e-mail I sent them this morning voicing my concerns of Loews no longer valuing the family traveler.

Loews unbelievably outstanding customer service strikes again and suffice it to say that I am very satisfied with their response to my concerns.

What was their response, goofy?

What was their response, goofy?

Receiving a personal response from the Senior VP of Marketing of Loews within an hour of my e-mailing them is what I consider exceptional customer service and did a whole lot to bolster my loyalty to Loews.

They also sweetened the pot by extending my platinum status for a bit longer than the 12 month grace period.

It is my understanding that any rate posted on the Loews website or Universal website are qualifying rates! :banana:

Universal package rates have not been qualifying in the past and I doubt that they will in the future.

I called Loews this morning and was told you have 18 months to retain your platnium status. Was also told if your status changes it is down one level- platnium would drop down to gold if you did not get your 10 stays.

This might sound like a dumb question, but how do u know what status your at? I signed on to my account online and it didnt mention anything- t only had a section to chace account information.

I stayed 2 times last year...and i'm going again in sept for 2 nights....

Nevermind- I just realized the new link had a section to sign up for an online account.

Well it seems I am a gold member. I will pay rack for my one night stay in November to keep my status for a year, but I just can't see being able to stay 5 times in a year. Well let me rephrase that... with the vast diffference in pricing, I can't justify spending THAT much more to get a free gift, nicer room, and possibly a late check out.

Example... HRH AP std obstructed view $170, AAA rate was $256 $80 bucks more per night!!!

Hmm... I'm a little mixed about this. While I like the $100 credit for Platinum, there's no way I'll be able to maintain the status after the first year. I always qualified based on number of nights, not number of visits. Well, it was good while it lasted...

But, I do have a question. Macraven, may I ask where you found those blackout dates? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'll be staying down there for HHN this year, checking in on Halloween and checking out on Sunday the 2, which is within the blackout period. So, will I not get the $100 credit? And, will the stay not count at all, so my status won't be extended for the additional 12 months? I will be quite upset if my status doesn't get extended even though I will be making the required stay before January...

Also, I haven't received any e-mails from them (besides my trip confirmation ones and, on occasion, one advertising their specials...). Is everyone receiving e-mails about the program change, or is it only some people. I just want to ensure my status did rollover. Even when I login to the site (which I did receive a new login info for), it just has my name, not my status. I only made this reservation fairly recently (and nabbed a suite!), so I know my status was platinum going into the change, but I've yet to receive any new documentation. Maybe they're snail-mailing it to me?

Well, regardless, I'll still visit UO often! It just won't be the same (unless they do change it back to number of nights...)

Hmm... I'm a little mixed about this. While I like the $100 credit for Platinum, there's no way I'll be able to maintain the status after the first year. I always qualified based on number of nights, not number of visits. Well, it was good while it lasted...

But, I do have a question. Macraven, may I ask where you found those blackout dates? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'll be staying at the PBH for HHN this year, checking in on Halloween and checking out on Sunday the 2, which is within the blackout period. So, will I not get the $100 credit? And, will the stay not count at all, so my status won't be extended for the additional 12 months? I will be quite upset if my status doesn't get extended even though I will be making the required stay before January...

Also, I haven't received any e-mails from them (besides my trip confirmation ones and, on occasion, one advertising their specials...). Is everyone receiving e-mails about the program change, or is it only some people. I just want to ensure my status did rollover. Even when I login to the site (which I did receive a new login info for), it just has my name, not my status. I only made this reservation fairly recently (and nabbed a suite!), so I know my status was platinum going into the change, but I've yet to receive any new documentation. Maybe they're snail-mailing it to me?

Well, regardless, I'll still visit UO often! It just won't be the same (unless they do change it back to number of nights...)

i couldn't find this thread to answer back.

sometimes i am so blonde......

this is one of the emails i received from loews.

Now there are more reasons than ever to experience a Loews Hotel and start enjoying the benefits of your YouFirst membership.

You're automatically enrolled in YouFirst at your current level of membership until January 1, 2009. Extend your current membership status for an additional 12 months just by staying with us at least once between now and then.

Get full details on your new YouFirst benefits at loewshotels.com/youfirst

it was a confirmation that i am at platinum and will continue to be if i make one stay again before january 09.

i will be going this october so i am good for my level for another year.
after that it will drop to gold or maybe blue.

2 trips a year is my maximum to orlando.
i stay at the hilton or hampton inn when i go to the east coast and need hotel stays.

there will be a LOT of us losing the platinum status.

the black out list i posted in another thread and also here.
i got it from the loewsfirst site. now it has been removed today.

it is also on the uo site under loews hotels.
it will say here and you click on that to get the black out dates.

i am good as i check in on the 9th and the blackout starts on the 10th.
all i need is one night stay to keep platinum for one year.

it can take up to 3 months to get the upgraded card from loews.

since the program has changed from loews first to loews you, they might not grandfather in all the people in between with the upgrades. it is just a thought. i don't know anything more than the others that are posting about it.

WDW_Fanatic.....I have received two emails about the changes. One from Loews stating that changes would occur on July 15th. And then another one on July 15th explaining what they were.

Had a general question about the blackout dates again: Do blackout dates mean that there will be big crowds?

WDW_Fanatic.....I have received two emails about the changes. One from Loews stating that changes would occur on July 15th. And then another one on July 15th explaining what they were.

Had a general question about the blackout dates again: Do blackout dates mean that there will be big crowds?

black out dates are when certain discounts are not being honored.
the hotel can fill the rooms up without having to offer incentives to stay there at certain periods of the year.

HRH has blackouts for weekends in october.
they don't have to beg people to stay there, it fills up early w/o any promos.

there is a loews blackout for room amenities and free/discounted upgrades for the weekend i will be staying there.
i do check in on a weekday so i am good for my loews amenities, not a problem for me. the days after i am there, no amenities but i am already checked in and locked with my rate.

black out does not mean it will be at 100% occupancy. it's just they can get rack rates by limiting the discounted rooms then.

HHN brings in a lot of people.
HRH is a favorite hotel as it is closest to the park.
park closes at 2 in the morning. very short walk back to your room.

i have never stayed there during christmas or new years time.
i would assume some of that time period would have black out dates.

i know i'm not going to be fond of the new loew's youfirst program.

i know what i know.

but, i will still go to universal and stay at rph and pbh.
the parks continually call my name during the spring and at HHN time...:laughing:

i'm gonna stay at hrh this fall and then switch to either rph or pbh.
i know, i have always love the hrh but going to be a rebel and do something different in the future.

i'm going to join other programs and do better with them.
i'll use the loews card for 2 more trips than switch.

for the loews you- first program, it hasn't really been enhanced, just reworded and not as easy to keep a certain status.

i have decided to no longer fret over it now that i know more about it.
i don't think many will get anything more than a form style response to the letter writing to corporate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter